Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Ladarius Green

Hey he's a free agent....

Steelers released TE Ladarius Green.
    Green was cut loose with the "failed physical" designation. Signed to a "four-year, $20 million" contract last March, Green was already out of guaranteed money. He was limited to six games as he battled through head and ankle issues last season. Yet to be cleared from the league's concussion protocol, Green has been dogged by retirement rumors since last summer. Turning 27 later this month, Green has always possessed mouthwatering upside, but was blocked by Antonio Gates in San Diego and his health in Pittsburgh. His NFL future is unclear. The Steelers are moving forward with Jesse James, Xavier Grimble and David Johnson at tight end.
    Hashtag thepowderblues
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

He will be a Raven. Im sure Weddle is recruiting him.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

He's done. He's the 2017 version of Freddie Jones

All Potential Team
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

He should retire. Its not worth the long term effects hes certain to have when hes older. Maybe he can switch to rugby.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          He should retire. Its not worth the long term effects hes certain to have when hes older. Maybe he can switch to rugby.
          Even Rugby would be bad. My son is in soccer and trying out for a club team and I was teaching him juggling and he was confused..."we arent allowed to hit the ball with our head"
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            Even Rugby would be bad. My son is in soccer and trying out for a club team and I was teaching him juggling and he was confused..."we arent allowed to hit the ball with our head"
            No headers? Wow lol

Rugby is a little better imo because the head isnt brain isnt rattling around in the helmet. Its greatly helped my son. Jeremy turned down football scholarships and bailed his senior year of football to focus on Rugby. And get a grip on his headaches. We still think his headaches were more about inhaling the fake turf which is basically made up of ground up rubber. And produces a gas.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

No headers? Wow lol

Rugby is a little better imo because the head isnt brain isnt rattling around in the helmet. Its greatly helped my son. Jeremy turned down football scholarships and bailed his senior year of football to focus on Rugby. And get a grip on his headaches. We still think his headaches were more about inhaling the fake turf which is basically made up of ground up rubber. And produces a gas.
              My sons wont have the body for rugby. Maybe my youngest. But he's determined to be a point guard
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                My sons wont have the body for rugby. Maybe my youngest. But he's determined to be a point guard
                Lots more money in basketball. lol

Comment

• RTPbolt
                  Charger Fan till the end
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Carolina
                  • Send PM

But far fewer players in basketball

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

No headers? Wow lol

That stuff is BAD news:

Amy Griffin, associate head coach of women’s soccer at the University of Washington in Seattle, first began to wonder about artificial turf and cancer in 2009. “We had two goalies from the neighborhood, and they had grown up and gone to college,” Griffin said. “And then they both came down with lymphoma. “And we were all sitting there chatting—both of them were bald—and they were like, ‘Why us?’

One of the goalies that was a few years older than my daughter was recently diagnosed with cancer - and they think it might be related to turf.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      That stuff is BAD news:

Amy Griffin, associate head coach of women’s soccer at the University of Washington in Seattle, first began to wonder about artificial turf and cancer in 2009. “We had two goalies from the neighborhood, and they had grown up and gone to college,” Griffin said. “And then they both came down with lymphoma. “And we were all sitting there chatting—both of them were bald—and they were like, ‘Why us?’

One of the goalies that was a few years older than my daughter was recently diagnosed with cancer - and they think it might be related to turf.
                      Thats terrible. Ive heard of a few cases of this happening to soccer players. My son would come home from practice with headaches. Then i went to a practice and stood on the sideline. The smell of tar was terrible. I went home with a headache. I knew it was the gas off the turf causing it. MRI showed no concussion signs on my son.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Boltjolt commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Geez, why can't they just plant grass? I assume your Son is playing in sunny SD. Grass grows there lol.
                        Edit.....so this is just like Facebook. Replies go under your post lol.
                    • Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                      But far fewer players in basketball
                      Golf yields the most million dollar income per capita of any sport.
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡