• Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Keenan Allen Running At Full Speed

Even more impressive is that the LA Times is not reporting a hit piece. lol

​​​​​​http://www.latimes.com/sports/charge...516-story.html

W​​​​​​ith the Chargers veterans and rookie class taking the field for the first time together Tuesday, coach Anthony Lynn and the team would get to see their first-round pick, Mike Williams, catch passes from quarterback Philip RiversKeenan AllenNFLTravis Benjamin will return from injury too. Added with receivers Allen and Dontrelle Inman, tight ends Hunter Henry and Antonio GatesNotes
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Fairly quietly, we have put together a great WR corp.

Allen is back, although he has the injury history. top notch 1st rounder at 1 WR spot. 2 other WR who have a ton of speed and can stretch defenses, as well as do a lot of stuff underneath in Tyrell Williams and Benjamin. Then there is Inman, who is outstanding depth.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us shop Inman at some point soon. I like the guy, but he could be a good 2nd/3rd WR for a WR needy team like the Ravens. Only problem is that I am not sure Benjamin will make the final roster. He has the skills if he can get his confidence recovers and he can continue to develop his route running to improve his quick passing game routes.

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Allen running at full speed and cutting only 8 months after ACL surgery. This is why I dismiss speculation that Teurk somehow isn't fully recovered from his knee surgery as a reason he would not be competing for a starting job. I tend to believe he could have played last year if the team wanted him to. Surgery is SO advanced now, recovery times are minimal for motivated patients.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
        Fluent in Sarcasm
        • Jun 2013
        • Iowa
        • Man of the People
        • Send PM

Great news for Allen. I also like hearing Lynn constantly mention that as soon as TC starts things are going to be a battle and preparation for the season. Feels like in years past it's been used as a trial period instead of a preparation period. Probably why we've had so many slow starts to the season.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
          Great news for Allen. I also like hearing Lynn constantly mention that as soon as TC starts things are going to be a battle and preparation for the season. Feels like in years past it's been used as a trial period instead of a preparation period. Probably why we've had so many slow starts to the season.
          Your screen name is running over off the edge of the profile postbit. I apologize for that. Ill see if i can make the box larger. But if it looks terrible i may have to leave it. I may change your name to something shorter and then save it. Then go back and change it back. It could be a data transfer issue. If you see a different name dont be alarmed. Im just testing it. Ill set it back.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Eventually, Williams will be on the field. Travis Benjamin will return from injury too. Added with receivers Allen and Dontrelle Inman, tight ends Hunter Henry and Antonio Gates
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              Fairly quietly, we have put together a great WR corp.

Allen is back, although he has the injury history. top notch 1st rounder at 1 WR spot. 2 other WR who have a ton of speed and can stretch defenses, as well as do a lot of stuff underneath in Tyrell Williams and Benjamin. Then there is Inman, who is outstanding depth.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us shop Inman at some point soon. I like the guy, but he could be a good 2nd/3rd WR for a WR needy team like the Ravens. Only problem is that I am not sure Benjamin will make the final roster. He has the skills if he can get his confidence recovers and he can continue to develop his route running to improve his quick passing game routes.
              I'd rather have a proven NFL player than a late round draft pick.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Or you could really showcase Inman this year and let him walk. And hope he brings in a decent contract as a number 2 guy. Maybe a Sanu/Rishard Mathews type deal. And hope to get a decent comp pick for once. Probably wont matter though with free agent signings we make next year. We would have to wait until May 9th to sign guys in order to not affect the comp formula.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                  Fluent in Sarcasm
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Iowa
                  • Man of the People
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Your screen name is running over off the edge of the profile postbit. I apologize for that. Ill see if i can make the box larger. But if it looks terrible i may have to leave it. I may change your name to something shorter and then save it. Then go back and change it back. It could be a data transfer issue. If you see a different name dont be alarmed. Im just testing it. Ill set it back.
                  It's all good I'm used to it taking some time for things to fit.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

It's all good I'm used to it taking some time for things to fit.
                    LOL. BBC?

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                      Fluent in Sarcasm
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Iowa
                      • Man of the People
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

LOL. BBC?
                      As white as fresh snow, but you got the rest right.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

As white as fresh snow, but you got the rest right.
                        Nice. BWC!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡