• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
    Only a 4 year term. Generates a Lot of pressure, is solid vs the run, and was better than average dropping back. The only people that think it was an overpay go only by sack numbers IMO. He will have more Opportunities than ever as a pass rusher in the new scheme and won't have to drop into coverage. For the poster worried about transition to DE, he played mostly on the line in college. He is extremely versatile.
    Isn't DE at this level his more natural position anyway?

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

How would someone be able to live with that much crap?
      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Isn't DE at this level his more natural position anyway?
        I don't know if you can say it is more natural. Ingram developed into a pretty good LB. He took his time developing, but he was solid in all aspects of his game.

I think he will be more productive rushing the passer at DE. Last year we dropped ingram into coverage a lot when Bosa was playing and it hurt Ingram's numbers. We also rushed him inside fair bit too. Those might be good moves for us as a D< but they aren't going to pad his sack numbers. Now Ingram will rush the QB most of the time, and those are the impact plays. He will still drop in some zone blitzes and zone dog's, but mostly he will line up wide on the weak side and rush the QB.

If Attaochu or one of the newer guys develops as an edge guy, we may see Ingram slide inside on passing downs still. Ingram is still a solid inside rusher and we need the inside push. BUt the big contract means that they will be forced to rush him off the edge a lot, which is not a bad thing.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Bradley said we are in nickel 70% of the time and last year Ingram was dropping back a ton. He said that wont happen this year. I expect Ingram's numbers to be very solid. 26-30 sacks between he and Bosa isnt out of the question.

Comment

• Concudan
            Bhi craic agus ceol again
            Generous Donor
            • Jun 2017
            • Principal Quality Engineer
            • Send PM

I like the Luiget, , Mebane Bosa, and Ingram combination. I think it could be good. Depending on how the secondary does it could be a very good line. The secondary is always my concern.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              Bradley said we are in nickel 70% of the time and last year Ingram was dropping back a ton. He said that wont happen this year. I expect Ingram's numbers to be very solid. 26-30 sacks between he and Bosa isnt out of the question.
              I think this is what I had in my head, that he's more of a move-forward kinda guy even if he has learned how to drop back pretty well. Also will probably limit his responsibilities, make him more effective as a result. My hope anyway. I mean I could see him getting more sacks than Bosa opposite him, as teams will likely double Bosa more than Ingram. Could easily be Ingram's most effective season for us (again, hopeful..).

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Don't look now but Ingram leads the NFL in sacks with 5.5 after 3 games. He has been a major disruptive force so far this season, one of our few bright spots.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                  BlazingBolt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Jatavis Brown is leading the league in tackles as well
              • Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                Don't look now but Ingram leads the NFL in sacks with 5.5 after 3 games. He has been a major disruptive force so far this season, one of our few bright spots.
                I knew he had it in him. It just took the right coach and right scheme for it to happpen.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  WindsorUK commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Doesn't hurt having Joey Bosa on the other side either.
                  In his first 49 games, he totalled 18.5 sacks. In the 15 games with Bosa, he's collected 11.5( career total of 30)
              • Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

He does have the benefit of teams having to account for Bosa. But this is what we expected when he was first drafted. I'm glad that he's now in his 'right place', and doesn't fizzle like Donald Butler after he got paid.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Very happy he's on my fantasy football team.
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    He does have the benefit of teams having to account for Bosa. But this is what we expected when he was first drafted. I'm glad that he's now in his 'right place', and doesn't fizzle like Donald Butler after he got paid.
                    Bosa is drawing a lot of attention, but is still somewhat productive. He got 1/2 a sack and almost stripped Smith on a couple of plays. He is also a good run defender.

It isn't going to be too long before teams decide that Ingram is too good and they start to give him more attention.

Also lost on most people is McCain is very quietly putting together a pretty decent year.

We are tied for 2nd in the league with 11 sacks, which is not bad considering. Most of the other teams have had a lead for part or most of their season (we have been playing from behind).

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

If i had just awoke from a coma...and someone told me McCain was our 2nd rounder...i would say it looks like a good draft pick. Telesco deserves some props for getting this guy. What he does before games with kids is quickly making him a fan favorite.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍