49 Devin McCourty48. Sean Lee, LB, Dallas Cowboys

48 Sean Lee47. Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints

47 Drew Brees46. Aqib Talib, CB, Denver Broncos

46 Aqib Talib45. Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Dallas Cowboys

45 Ezekiel Elliott44. Greg Olsen, TE, Carolina Panthers

44 Greg Olsen43. Geno Atkins, DI, Cincinnati Bengals

43 Geno Atkins42. Kawann Short, DI, Carolina Panthers

42 Kawann Short

Short began the 2016 season slowly, but over the second half of the season he was as dominant as any interior defender not named Aaron Donald. Short has put together back to back seasons in which he was the most disruptive force in the Panthers defensive front and has been able to destroy opposing offenses in both the run and pass game. 41. Damon Harrison, DI, New York Giants

41 Damon Harrison

Nobody stuffs the run quite like Harrison40. Travis Kelce, TE, Kansas City Chiefs

40 Travis Kelce39. Brandon Graham, Edge, Philadelphia Eagles

39 Brandon Graham38. Malcolm Butler, CB, New England Patriots

38 Malcolm Butler37. Kelechi Osemele, G, Oakland Raiders

37 Kelechi Osemele36. Andrew Whitworth, T, Los Angeles Rams

36 Andrew Whitworth35. Patrick Peterson, CB, Arizona Cardinals

35 Patrick Peterson34. Zack Martin, G, Dallas Cowboys

34 Zack Martin33. Mike Evans, WR, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

33 Mike Evans32. Ndamukong Suh, DI, Miami Dolphins

32 Ndamukong Suh31. Bobby Wagner, LB, Seattle Seahawks

31 Bobby Wagner

2016 saw Bobby Wager post the best season of his career to date, and he was arguably the best player on the Seattle defense. Wagner posted 60 defensive stops in the regular season, third-best among all linebackers, and did so while generating 26 total pressures on the blitz, more than any other off-the-ball linebacker. Wagner also continues his form into the playoffs, notching four more defensive stops against the Lions and earning solid grades in the postseason. 30. Eric Weddle, S, Baltimore Ravens

30 Eric Weddle

Weddle was playing for a new team in 2016, but remained at the same high level for the Ravens. Weddle is a complete safety, equally at home in the box and up at the line of scrimmage as he is deep in the secondary. His PFF overall grade of 92.4 was the best in the league and the second time in his career he has topped the 90 barrier, and he graded well in every facet of the game PFF measures. 29. Richard Sherman, CB, Seattle Seahawks

29 Richard Sherman

Unexpectedly on the trade block this offseason, no corner in the game is harder to complete a pass on than Sherman. He led the league in coverage snaps played per reception allowed in 2016 at 14.9, and that marks the third time in the last five years he has led the league in that category. He has ranked either first or second in that statistic every season since his rookie year, and last season allowed just 51.3 percent of targets to be caught, the fourth-best mark at the position. 28. A.J. Green, WR, Cincinnati Bengals

28 AJ Green

Green may never be the best wide receiver in the game, but he is consistently right on his heels, and in 2016 only Julio Jones gained more yards per route run than Green did in an injury-shortened season. Green has caught 69.5 percent of the passes sent his way over the past two seasons, and been in the top four in yards per route run each year. 27. Joe Thomas, T, Cleveland Browns

27 Joe Thomas26. Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks

26 Russell Wilson25. Andrew Luck, QB, Indianapolis Colts

24. Landon Collins, S, New York Giants

24 Landon Collins23. Trent Williams, T, Washington Redskins

23 Trent Williams22. Calais Campbell, DI, Jacksonville Jaguars

22 Calais Campbell. That much remains to be seen, but Campbell has averaged 39 defensive stops over the past four seasons, and last year notched 56 total pressures while playing fewer snaps than he has in the past several seasons. 21. Tyron Smith, T, Dallas Cowboys

21 Tyron Smith20. Earl Thomas, S, Seattle Seahawks

20 Earl Thomas

No player changes a game schematically more than Thomas. The Seahawks safety has unique range for the position, allowing him to get involved in more plays than other single-high free safeties without needing to line up further away from the line of scrimmage to buy himself the angle of attack. When Thomas was lost to a broken leg last season the Seahawks defense looked a shadow of itself despite his backup, Steven Terrell, not playing badly in his absence at all. Thomas notched two interceptions and five pass breakups without surrendering a touchdown in primary coverage in 2016. 19. Matt Ryan, QB, Atlanta Falcons

19 Matt Ryan18. Cameron Jordan, Edge, New Orleans Saints

18 Cameron Jordan17. Odell Beckham Jr., WR, New York Giants

17 Odell Beckham Jr16. Travis Frederick, C, Dallas Cowboys

16 Travis Frederick15. David Johnson, RB, Arizona Cardinals

15 David Johnson14. Chris Harris Jr., CB, Denver Broncos

14 Chris Harris Jr13. Joey Bosa, Edge, Los Angeles Chargers

13 Joey Bosa12. Marshal Yanda, G, Baltimore Ravens

12 Marshal Yanda11 LeVeon Bell

• whookimane
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Bosa is an absolute stud and hes only 21 years old, its actually scary to think of him as a 27 year old

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

He has a lot to learn still to apply to his advanced rookie technique. Should be fun to watch how he handles this year. Teams seemed to struggle blocking him long enough...his motor pays off on the continued effort. If our DBs play well that should give him more opportunity to get sacks.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by whookimane View Post
        Bosa is an absolute stud and hes only 21 years old, its actually scary to think of him as a 27 year old
        I think he has the potential to become a JJ Watt type dominant player for us. His techniques at this young of an age is mind blowing. His work ethic is Watt like. He will be defensive MVP soon enough.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

I see the ineffective Weddle in there too. Don't they know he sucks?
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• whookimane
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I think he has the potential to become a JJ Watt type dominant player for us. His techniques at this young of an age is mind blowing. His work ethic is Watt like. He will be defensive MVP soon enough.
            Its crazy to think that Watt in his rookie year was 22 years old and recorded 5.5 sacks, it was really his 2nd year at 23 years old when he broke out as the dominant jj watt we all know. I think its fair to say Bosa's season last year has him ahead of watt in terms of where watt was at the same age, hopefully bosa has the same sort of breakout season in year 2 this upcoming yr

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by whookimane View Post

Its crazy to think that Watt in his rookie year was 22 years old and recorded 5.5 sacks, it was really his 2nd year at 23 years old when he broke out as the dominant jj watt we all know. I think its fair to say Bosa's season last year has him ahead of watt in terms of where watt was at the same age, hopefully bosa has the same sort of breakout season in year 2 this upcoming yr
              I agree. My hopes are high and even my expectations. But we will have to wait and see. Houston has also really gone out of its way to build around him with 9 draft picks selected in the top 3 rounds. I think it makes a lot of sense to either retain Ingram long term or start using high draft picks to build around Bosa going forward.

Comment

• Rugger05
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I agree. My hopes are high and even my expectations. But we will have to wait and see. Houston has also really gone out of its way to build around him with 9 draft picks selected in the top 3 rounds. I think it makes a lot of sense to either retain Ingram long term or start using high draft picks to build around Bosa going forward.
                I 100% completely agree with you on keeping Ingram. It amazes me the people want to see him leave. If Ingram leaves it will put an amazing amount of pressure on Joey. This defense is on the verge of being scary good IMO

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post

I 100% completely agree with you on keeping Ingram. It amazes me the people want to see him leave. If Ingram leaves it will put an amazing amount of pressure on Joey. This defense is on the verge of being scary good IMO
                  I think some fear the long term big contract curse will ruin him. lol Like it has so many other players we give big money to.

Comment

• Rugger05
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I think some fear the long term big contract curse will ruin him. lol Like it has so many other players we give big money to.
                    That's the price you gotta pay sometimes

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

IMO, it's a lot riskier to give the big money to some free agent versus your own guy. Okung's contract scares me a hell of a lot more than Ingram's potential contract.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post

That's the price you gotta pay sometimes
                        Unfortunately. I do wonder if the culture change will help with that particular curse. Team members are already starting to talk about the change of culture and its positive effects. I think there could be a high level of accountability under Lynn.

Comment

Working...
                        X