• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rugger05
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Unfortunately. I do wonder if the culture change will help with that particular curse. Team members are already starting to talk about the change of culture and its positive effects. I think there could be a high level of accountability under Lynn.
    I agree the changing of culture could help. I also believe with the team being in LA and Ingrams wonderful talent as a signer it could be a match made in heaven

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post

I agree the changing of culture could help. I also believe with the team being in LA and Ingrams wonderful talent as a signer it could be a match made in heaven
      LOL maybe.

If anything the whole LA Diva thing may actually give many players a reason to excel. Being a star in LA is sort of a big deal up there. That influence may mean something to our players. In a sense they will be treated like Rock Stars up there. Talk shows....commercials....sponsors etc.

Then again if thats what a player needs to motivate himself in this sport thats pretty sad. But SD does have a tranquil effect on players i would bet.

Comment

• Rugger05
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

LOL maybe.

If anything the whole LA Diva thing may actually give many players a reason to excel. Being a star in LA is sort of a big deal up there. That influence may mean something to our players. In a sense they will be treated like Rock Stars up there. Talk shows....commercials....sponsors etc.

Then again if thats what a player needs to motivate himself in this sport thats pretty sad. But SD does have a tranquil effect on players i would bet.
        1000% agree with that statement. i think Bosa could be the face of the NFL in the next three years if he develops into what i think he can become. Playing in the second biggest market in the country could benefit certain players IMO

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post

1000% agree with that statement. i think Bosa could be the face of the NFL in the next three years if he develops into what i think he can become. Playing in the second biggest market in the country could benefit certain players IMO
          Face of LA for sure. They will also want to tap into Rivers cowboy character. He can be the NFL Pale Rider of LA. If they do well LA will promote them because they make the city look good. But if they suck like the Rams they will most likely get ignored.

This is why they left early for LA imo. Because there isnt any better time than now to steal LA fans by being vastly superior to the Rams. If healthy we are a much better team imo.

Now we need to change full time to the most fashionable uniforms in the league. Its just the LA thing to do. lol

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

This is kind of a big deal.

As a second year player, with only 12 starts under his belt, Bosa was ranked:

Ahead of veteran Super Bowl QBs
            Russell Wilson
            Matt Ryan

AND

Behind only these veteran defensive players
            Luke Kuechly
            Von Miller
            Khalil Mack
            JJ Watt
            Aaron Donald.

Holy

:shit:
            Last edited by wu-dai clan; 06-11-2017, 06:04 AM.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

He may rank higher than some more notorious players ahead of him, but that doesn't necessarily mean I would necessarily make him a more important player. I love some of those defensive players, but there is no way I would take him over one of the QB's. And of the others, all the pass rushers would rank higher than Kuechly, since he is a MLB and not as much of an impact player (and despite the fact he is basically unique as a player). Then you also have to factor in the Kuechley concussion thing and the Watt thing with all his injuries.

It would be more of a big deal if we knew exactly what the PFF grades meant and how they were graded. But PFF refuses to explain their graded system and retains their obvious and collosal mistakes at several positions (CB, OG, C).

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

I believe Bosa is going to end up being an even better player than us Charger fans realize so far.
                PFF now says Bosa/Ingram is the #1 pass rushing tandem in football.

Yeah, I am aware of the PFFt factor.

Now, moving over to offensive line. IMHO Forrest Lamp was the best offensive lineman available in the 2017 draft.
                PFF has Travis Frederick at 16 and Marshal Yanda at 12. I project Lamp to be right there after this year.

What you got ?
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                X