• Concudan
    Bhi craic agus ceol again
    Generous Donor
    • Jun 2017
    • Principal Quality Engineer
    • Send PM

Leadership
    Accountability

I like it. I want to see it put into play. Too often over the last 2 to 3 years I saw the team (most notably in the defensive back field) not playing as a team. Not trusting the players next to them. Those two words, leadership and accountability are what is needed. That and a heady does of good luck.

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Concudan View Post
      http://www.chargers.com/news/2017/06...culture-change

By Ricky Henne
      Managing Editor
      Chargers.com

Kyle Emanuelsee We sense a different sense of urgency in the weight room and on the practice field. Korey Toomerhave
      That is good to hear.
      Now, if they can translate that to the playing field, might be better days of us fans.
      Last edited by WindsorUK; 06-10-2017, 07:20 AM.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

I like Kyle for his blue collar work ethic and attitude. I'm curious to see where he fits on the field though. He's more of a super sub to me.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

He is a fine SAM LB/OTTO, but that is really a super sub, even if he is the guy who gets introduced. Our S and CB will be on the field more than the OTTO (SAM LB) will be, unless he can step up his pass rush and get moved onto the DL as another pass rusher. IN a lot of ways, he reminds me of Ben Leber. Good LB, but not great. Could play all across the LB spots in the 43 and 34, and adds depth in addition to being a 3rd starter. I just don't think he is going to be a super star.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

New coaching staff. Things are different. Change happens. This article wrote itself Henne.
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

The other guy who could really figure in the mix is Toomer. He had done nothing before last season. But last year he made a number of new plays and was even making the defensive signals by the end of the season. HE has great speed, and covers a lot of ground in coverage and running down wide runs. He has just always been in places where he was in a log jam at LB, and for a guy like him (former college DE), it's tough to get the reps necessary to learn a new position. We finally gave him the reps, and he rapidly started to improve. He is not a great LB at this point, but the arrow is still pointing up, and if he gets the playing time, he could figure into the mix at any of the LB spots.

The competition at all 3 LB spots should be some of the more interesting battles in TC. Only Perryman goes into camp as a clear cut starter, and even he is not so entrenched that he is a lock to start.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

I'm hoping Toomer is a starter. He's just so athletic.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                  Fluent in Sarcasm
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Iowa
                  • Man of the People
                  • Send PM

Perryman, Brown, and Toomer would give us a really athletic LB group. Emanuel is a solid rotation guy that's really good against the run and can fit into any 3 of hose spots and not be a liability.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Perry is another player with the speed to play outside, the length to play over and control the TE and the ability to read and react in the middle.

The other thing I keep wondering about is if we will see McCoil get a shot as a nickle/extra LB. He made a couple of plays as a true S last year, but he gave up a few too, in limited action. SInce he has spent so much more time in Canada playing LB, I would think it might make a nice mix looking at him inside.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      Perry is another player with the speed to play outside, the length to play over and control the TE and the ability to read and react in the middle.

The other thing I keep wondering about is if we will see McCoil get a shot as a nickle/extra LB. He made a couple of plays as a true S last year, but he gave up a few too, in limited action. SInce he has spent so much more time in Canada playing LB, I would think it might make a nice mix looking at him inside.
                      I just didn't see the lateral quickness from Perry that would make him an effective player at this level.
                      Whilst he made some plays on ST, his reps on D weren't productive at all.
                      Being a rookie may have been a reason for his slow read and reacts, but his hip stiffness ( plays too upright and doesn't turn and run quickly enough) will hinder his development.
                      I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make opening day.

Comment

Working...
                      X