• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

Id take Martys running game any day of the week compared to what weve had since....28 tds by LT running it in is a testament to LT but also what Marty preached.

Comment

• whitelightning
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2017
      • Clayton North Carolina. Grew up in San Diego and still call it home!
      • Retired.
      • Send PM

Toughness, it's what builds championship teams. Play smart, strong and tough, never let up!

Comment

• Pointyearedog
        Humble Chargers Fan
        • May 2017
        • Golden Hill
        • Medical Devices Operations
        • Send PM

Maybe they should hold their practices wearing full gear and combat boots...
        "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." --Frank Zappa

Comment

• Geezbolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Sun Valley, ID
          • Send PM

Originally posted by whitelightning View Post
          Toughness, it's what builds championship teams. Play smart, strong and tough, never let up!
          Remember, in 1963 when the Bolts won their only championship, Sid Gillman held training camp out near Jacumba, and Jacumba was really the boonies in those days. I remember Ron Mix saying it wasn't just the heat and the dust that got to them, but when standing on the sidelines, they were constantly watching for rattlesnakes. I wonder what the Players' Union would say about that today :^)

Comment

• whitelightning
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2017
            • Retired.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post

Remember, in 1963 when the Bolts won their only championship, Sid Gillman held training camp out near Jacumba, and Jacumba was really the boonies in those days. I remember Ron Mix saying it wasn't just the heat and the dust that got to them, but when standing on the sidelines, they were constantly watching for rattlesnakes. I wonder what the Players' Union would say about that today :^)

That was rough acres where they practiced at in Jacumba. There were no bars or clubs for the boys to get lost in at night that's for sure.

Comment

• whitelightning
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2017
              • Retired.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Pointyearedog View Post
              Maybe they should hold their practices wearing full gear and combat boots...

I don't think combat boots would really help that much. Now, full gear and 12 mile runs, six up and six down and you have to touch the monument at the top would be just fine!

Comment

Working...
              X