How far behind is Chargers WR Mike Williams ?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WindsorUK
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Windsor, U.K.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
    Ugh. If it turns out that the 2017 season for M. Williams is done before it gets started, that would continue the bad luck injury streak. If Telesco knew at draft time what he knows now, would he have drafted differently in round 1? The prior neck injury was known, and Williams seemed to come back fine from that injury by his play last year. I'm far from a dr, but the neck/back connection seems like one lingering tweak or twinge from the neck could trigger the back injury. I would have preferred that the team steered clear of drafting Williams, and taken Derek Barnett instead. I really hope that the prognosis for Williams is good, and he has a productive 2017. But this squad has been snakebit too many times. Seeing is believing.
    Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda.......
    NEVER draft a WR that early. Not enough bang for the buck. A defender is ALWAYS the right choice there.
    We could have solidified our D going forward.........
    UGH!!!!

Comment

• Highboltage
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Buster Davis II?

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Tough crowd. I'll go with mid/late season contributor until he's actually IR'd.

And moving forward from there, it'll be a colossal pick if he then plays full seasons at his projected level of production. Which was what I figured the pick was about, seasons 2-8 or so as a Charger. Anything this year is gravy and (knock wood) not even needed, Allen and T. Williams and a healthy Benjamin and Inman too in the mix is a WR stable (along with Gates and Henry) Rivers can win with. It's gonna be about the OL anyways, always is.

I'll be curious to see stats of actual D players picked after him that play well, bust out, and get IR'd. Then look at it even later, like 3-4 years from now. I loved the Allen pick at the time but man he misses games, and IIRC his last season-ending injury was non-contact, he simply planted wrong. That's the kinda shit I hate cuz WTactualF, is it him or the football gods or what?! He gets hit then okay, but man we need him not to take himself out of games/an entire season like that. Yeah you're a beast, but play like a smart one or you're fucking useless.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          Tough crowd. I'll go with mid/late season contributor until he's actually IR'd.

And moving forward from there, it'll be a colossal pick if he then plays full seasons at his projected level of production. Which was what I figured the pick was about, seasons 2-8 or so as a Charger. Anything this year is gravy and (knock wood) not even needed, Allen and T. Williams and a healthy Benjamin and Inman too in the mix is a WR stable (along with Gates and Henry) Rivers can win with. It's gonna be about the OL anyways, always is.

I'll be curious to see stats of actual D players picked after him that play well, bust out, and get IR'd. Then look at it even later, like 3-4 years from now. I loved the Allen pick at the time but man he misses games, and IIRC his last season-ending injury was non-contact, he simply planted wrong. That's the kinda shit I hate cuz WTactualF, is it him or the football gods or what?! He gets hit then okay, but man we need him not to take himself out of games/an entire season like that. Yeah you're a beast, but play like a smart one or you're fucking useless.
          hmmmm....I get the judge the draft in a few years stuff, and I agree with all that that. You lost me on the KA stuff. Seems you are implying he did something wrong and/or could have prevented the non contact injury last year.

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
            Ugh. If it turns out that the 2017 season for M. Williams is done before it gets started, that would continue the bad luck injury streak. If Telesco knew at draft time what he knows now, would he have drafted differently in round 1? The prior neck injury was known, and Williams seemed to come back fine from that injury by his play last year. I'm far from a dr, but the neck/back connection seems like one lingering tweak or twinge from the neck could trigger the back injury. I would have preferred that the team steered clear of drafting Williams, and taken Derek Barnett instead. I really hope that the prognosis for Williams is good, and he has a productive 2017. But this squad has been snakebit too many times. Seeing is believing.
            I wasn't sold on Barnett that high. Great college production, but very average athlete. I question if he will transition well to the NFL. There were a lot of options, and all of them had flaws IMO.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

I have sciatica. It comes from a narrowing of the hole from the base of the spine (there's a bone with holes for nerves to go through). NOTHING worked for me UNTIL I tried sleeping on the ground. That has been a miracle for me. I realize herniation of disks is different than what I have but maybe it can help him to sleep on the floor. Put a couple blanke4ts down and you'll eventually get used to it. It's a fucking miracle!
              For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Has there EVER been a BMW WR that lived up to his pre-draft hype?
                Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

I loved the pick but if he had a bad back prior to draft day, they sure didnt do their homework. Good job Young Spani's. The teams in good hands :what:
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
                  181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                  225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• richpjr
                    richpjr commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And if he hurt his back in the first practice as reported, than young Spanos didn't screw it up.

• SDFan
                    SDFan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Last year this time their #1 pick was holding out. He got a late start, but turned out alright.
                • Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

He passed his physical with the Bolts before signing his contract. He screwed up his back doing something, it could happen to anyone.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                    SLAM DUNK!
                    • Jun 2013
                    • East County San Diego
                    • Bolt fanatic
                    • Send PM

I saw speculation he hurt it at the combine and hid it. He had to be injured before he got here. He didn't even finish his first practice if I recall correctly.
                    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

IMO, you can't hide a bad back injury. It hurts too much just moving.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Concudan
                        Bhi craic agus ceol again
                        Generous Donor
                        • Jun 2017
                        • Principal Quality Engineer
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                        I saw speculation he hurt it at the combine and hid it. He had to be injured before he got here. He didn't even finish his first practice if I recall correctly.
                        I cant see him being able to do well in any of the combine tests, especially the jumping and rout changing tests with an inflamed herniated disk. I could be wrong, but if it was like it is now, I dont think he could have hid it. An epidural is a serious shot... If those are not helping....

Comment

Working...
                        X