How far behind is Chargers WR Mike Williams ?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

A lot of people saying we shouldn't have drafted Williams because his injury history were ok with us drafting Hooker.

​​​​​​Colts first-round S Malik Hooker tweaked his hamstring during the conditioning test and will start training camp on the PUP list.
    After undergoing both shoulder and sports hernia surgery, Hooker missed the entire offseason program. Projected as the starter for Indy's previously porous secondary, Hooker needs some reps before the season

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
      Rookie of the year = McCaffery

First player to have a rushing, receiving, punt return and kickoff return for a TD ... maybe even in the same game, maybe even his first game ... fantasy MVP ...

He will lead the league in kick return yards and total yards.

Even if he was only a KR and 3rd down RB for us, the TD's he gets from that would have been more than Mike Williams impact will be. Just sayin' ...
      ProFootball-Reference says there are 14 players who have scored a Rushing, Receiving, Punt Return and Kick Return TD in the same season -- the most recent being Josh Cribbs. Brian Mitchell actually did it twice (1997 and 2000).

Five of those players ALSO threw a TD pass in the same season, including Gayle Sayers (1965) and Terry Metcalf (1975).

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

First player to have a rushing, receiving, punt return and kickoff return for a TD ... maybe even in the same game, maybe even his first game ... fantasy MVP ...

Even if he was only a KR and 3rd down RB for us, the TD's he gets from that would have been more than Mike Williams impact will be. Just sayin' ...
        fantasy MVP??? well, most leagues I believe only credit the D/ST and not the player that scores a return TD. I don't see him being an offensive fantasy MVP, and not by any stretch. The reason being he won't get enough touches. I still see Carolina has a weak Oline and a banged up QB that struggles to throw to RBs out of the backfield. Jonathan Stewart is still going to get a lot of the early down carries and short yardage/GL work; Olsen and Benjamin will still get a ton of targets. He has a much better shot at (Pepsi) Overall ROY. I don't know if he gets offensive ROY as i don't think it would include his ST plays. IF Stewart gets hurt (Good chance as he usually does) he may get enough touches. If Watson wins the starting job, he may be tough to beat for OROY. Great D for field position and a lot of talent around him. For odds and payout I like Mixon, Williams (GB), Perine, and Cook. Injuries and ineffectiveness of incumbents may lead to heavy work loads.

Last edited by Panamamike; 07-25-2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Big Dog
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

PanamaMike, You need to move back closer to home, you are missing out on a lot of good info.

We we need a good side prop bet on this ... how about this, if McCaffery wins offensive ROY, you have to start a thread that states in glowing (not sarcastic) terms that Big Dog called it and you were wrong and I'll do the same if McCaffery loses the ROY vote?

Is it a bet?

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

PanamaMike, You need to move back closer to home, you are missing out on a lot of good info.

We we need a good side prop bet on this ... how about this, if McCaffery wins offensive ROY, you have to start a thread that states in glowing (not sarcastic) terms that Big Dog called it and you were wrong and I'll do the same if McCaffery loses the ROY vote?

Is it a bet?
            Hahahaha....i could very well be missing out on a lot more than just sports news but life is pretty good down here in the tropics

the bet sounds good. It will make for something else to follow. I like your idea.

Comment

• SDFan
              Woober Goober
              • Jun 2013
              • Dolores, CO
              • Retired
              • Send PM

pffttt... McCaffrey = Dexter McCluster, but would like to be a Jamaal Charles when he grows up.
              Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Big Dog
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Hahahaha....i could very well be missing out on a lot more than just sports news but life is pretty good down here in the tropics

the bet sounds good. It will make for something else to follow. I like your idea.
                It's a bet then!

Comment

• Big Dog
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

pffttt... McCaffrey = Dexter McCluster, but would like to be a Jamaal Charles when he grows up.
                  Good one !!

Comment

• Rugger05
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

McCaffrey juking Luke!!!

Comment

• Big Dog
                      Big Dog commented
                      Editing a comment
                      the "Luke Juke" ...
                  • Attack
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2017
                    • Send PM

Derek Barnett had an auspicious start in preseason game #1 with two sacks. It's only preseason, but still a good beginning.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Lower Voltage Watt had 2 sacks for Pitt as well in his first preseason game.

Comment

• Big Dog
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Good thing we didnt pick those guys not a good fit with our team's " IR culture " like Williams and Lamp #TrueChargers

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍