How far behind is Chargers WR Mike Williams ?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rugger05
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Looks like he might start practicing in 3 weeks

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by rustybolt View Post
      Running around in shorts doesn't mean much. Oh BTW it doesn't take a medical degree to understand the dynamics of injuries....just being around football and seeing it first hand. Sure he can run around and practice. They had the same optimism about Tannehill before he went down again and reality struck. How many hits will he have to take...how many times will he be able to extend his body as he fights for a contested pass? How long can he play before he goes down again? That is the real issue IMO. Epidurals are a bandaid. They mask the pain it isn't a cure for the injury. He can't be on them forever. The herniation won't simply go away with just epidurals. He may play with it this season but IMO he will be in and out of the lineup and just how good will he be? I like the kid and I'm concerned about his long term prognosis, i.e. his ability to have a long and productive career. At this point that aspect of William's injury doesn't look great IMO. At some point he will need surgery to permanently repair his back, be it this year or next.
      why do you assume the only treatment has been epidurals? Not all disk herniation requires surgery. The fact is none of us know the degree of the problem. Is it concerning, yes. You said it was common knowledge he was hurt prior to the draft. I am waiting to hear when. The fact is he played like a beast in the college football playoffs and performed well at the combine and pro day. His performance did not indicate a herniated disk as you speculated.

Comment

• Rugger05
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

why do you assume the only treatment has been epidurals? Not all disk herniation requires surgery. The fact is none of us know the degree of the problem. Is it concerning, yes. You said it was common knowledge he was hurt prior to the draft. I am waiting to hear when. The fact is he played like a beast in the college football playoffs and performed well at the combine and pro day. His performance did not indicate a herniated disk as you speculated.
        I believe the Chargers actually worked him out the weekend before the draft also

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
          PanamaMike, You need to move back closer to home, you are missing out on a lot of good info.

We we need a good side prop bet on this ... how about this, if McCaffery wins offensive ROY, you have to start a thread that states in glowing (not sarcastic) terms that Big Dog called it and you were wrong and I'll do the same if McCaffery loses the ROY vote?

Is it a bet?

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

never got the McCaffrey hype

Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post

never got the McCaffrey hype
              Me either. As a rusher he didn't do crap for being a top ten pick. He was good as a receiver out of the backfield which is what I liked about him but not in the first round. Kamara was much more productive and a better value and he is a lot bigger.

Comment

• bonehead
                Undrafted
                • Jul 2013
                • TBD
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Me either. As a rusher he didn't do crap for being a top ten pick. He was good as a receiver out of the backfield which is what I liked about him but not in the first round. Kamara was much more productive and a better value and he is a lot bigger.
                Kamara. Hunt. And Dalvin Cook better running backs in my opinion
                Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞