• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Dog
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

The fight for LA just got real

NFL Rams, Chargers Fight with Multiple Players Breaks Out During Training Camp

TYLER CONWAYAUGUST 9, 2017

Denis Poroy/Associated Press
    A massive brawl broke out at the joint practice held by the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers on Wednesday, highlighted by Chargers receiver Keenan Allen landing a big hit on Rams defensive back Nickell Robey-Coleman.

Lisa Lane of Fox Sports San Diego tweeted video of the fight:

As shown in the video, Rams cornerback Trumaine Johnson pushed Chargers wide receiver Dontrelle Inman to set off the brawl.

Another fight, captured by Lindsey Thiry of the Los Angeles Times, broke out later in the practice.

It's not believed any players were injured in either melee. These fights are relatively standard affair for joint practices. Players have been going head-to-head against teammates for a while, and there's likely a lot of pent-up aggression ready to be released.

What makes this more interesting is that both teams are jockeying for their fanbases in Los Angeles. If this practice is any indication, neither side is going to give up without a fight.
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

I have to say, the Ram fans chanting "Pay your rent" during practice is freaking hilarious.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Bolt-O commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope to hear that during the 3rd preseason game.
  • floydefisher
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • siberiacuse, ny
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    I have to say, the Ram fans chanting "Pay your rent" during practice is freaking hilarious.
    I would have paid to see that. :lol:
    sigpic

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

Its only a $1 for the new stadium...i can handle that for the good of the team

its funny but not sure the Rams are any different!

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

If rent smack is the best they got, I'm fine with it. Means we winning.

Comment

• rustybolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2017
          • Send PM

The Rams beat the Boys and the Hawks blew out the Chargers.......just saying.....LOL

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by rustybolt View Post
            The Rams beat the Boys and the Hawks blew out the Chargers.......just saying.....LOL
            And the Jags beat the Patriots.....just sayin....

Comment

• Concudan
              Bhi craic agus ceol again
              Generous Donor
              • Jun 2017
              • Principal Quality Engineer
              • Send PM

Originally posted by rustybolt View Post
              Preseason. The Owners version of fantasy football.

Comment

• foreigner
                Tom Telesco is gone
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

Charger History says that when they win their preseason games regular season results in a disaster... but when they lose preseason games and it looks like its going to be a disaster regular season turns out to be really good...

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

I think the last time we went to the playoffs and won a game we got blow out by the Seahawks in preseason. We are an evolving defense in a new scheme. Offense is way more settled and has been in place for a while with players that have decent experience. Things take time.

Just because we see shades of the old Chargers.....its only been a few weeks under a new staff. Things dont happen overnight. Development of our players over the last 4 years has been brutal. Id like to see players get better on depth. Shouldnt be hard with the bar set so low after one game.

But getting blown out in a preseason game dosnt really concern me yet. We had the same players last year backing up more IR'd players than any team in the league. And were at the very least in most games. I doubt we even game-planned for this game. We never do well with mobile QBs.

I think we get better each week.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Panamamike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The coaches said in interviews leading up to the game they were not game planning at all.

• Big Dog
                    Big Dog commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And it showed

• Panamamike
                    Panamamike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    With the install of a new defense and other focal points, i would be disappointed if they did take the time to gameplan for week 1 of the preseason. I am also glad Sea blitzed a fair bit and attacked our young CB. He got a welcome ti the Nfl rook and so did some of our linemen. Excellent learning moments. That is what august is for IMO.
                    Last edited by Panamamike; 08-14-2017, 08:26 PM.
                • Wada
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2017
                  • costa mesa, ca
                  • Send PM

Wish they would lay off the "Battle" biz.. Leave the talking to the Rams. Win games. Playoffs. That's the deal.

Comment

• rustybolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2017
                    • Send PM

If you are going to "battle" then you need to not keep getting blown out. How many of you noticed how fast the stadium emptied out before the second half started. That's an LA thing. Come late and leave early if things aren't going well. I agree if the Chargers need to stop this battle nonsense as it will backfire. Just win.....the rest will take care of itself.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍