• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rugger05
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Sources: Perryman out 4 to 6 weeks with ankle injury

I was sure he blew out his achilles. While it sucks it could of been a lot worse

Los Angeles Chargers linebacker Denzel Perryman is expected to miss four to six weeks with an ankle injury, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Perryman, who suffered the injury in Sunday's preseason game against the Seahawks, will undergo an MRI on Monday, the source told Schefter.

Perryman hobbled off the field Sunday after injuring his left ankle in the first quarter. He was taken to the locker room on a cart and returned to the sideline using crutches and wearing a walking boot.

A long-term injury to Perryman would be another significant blow to the Chargers, who have been hit with multiple injuries this preseason.

Perryman, 24, was slated to be Los Angeles' starting middle linebacker after recording 72 tackles, two sacks and an interception in 12 games -- 11 starts -- last year.

The Chargers already are without rookie receiver Mike Williams, who will miss training camp while recovering from a lower back disk herniation. Coach Anthony Lynn said last week that Williams, the Chargers' first-round draft pick, has resumed running and is making progress.

Los Angeles also will be without the services of rookie guard Forrest Lamp, the team's second-round pick, who has a torn ACL in his right knee.
    The injury-plagued Chargers took another hit this preseason as starting middle linebacker Denzel Perryman is expected to miss four to six weeks with an ankle injury, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
    Last edited by Bolt-O; 08-14-2017, 07:46 AM.
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Who is the back up?
    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Rugger05
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Toomer is the back up

Comment

• foreigner
        Tom Telesco is gone
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

Fucking China Dolls...

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

This may improve Perry's chances of making the team.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Did Perry get faster?

Comment

• rustybolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2017
              • Send PM

Perry came in a project player to begin with. He looked like a deer in headlights last night. He's got at least another year, perhaps 2 years of development. In other words he will be in his contract year before they know if he's worth anything. That is the problem with this FO....too many project players. Emanuel is another one. He's the OLB equivalent of Manti Teo, too slow and weak to play his position. He still hasn't shown he can shed blocks and he definitely is too slow to cover. An OLB in a 4-3 must have coverage skills.

Toomer is a decent rotational player, but that's about it. Don't get me wrong I like him but I'm not blind to his limitations. Now he will be asked to hold the fort for 2 months....a lot to ask. What this game showed is they have zip depth in the front 7 so a loss like Perryman's is significant.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                OhioBolt commented
                Editing a comment
                We'll see Teo next week when we play New Orleans and I think he starts for them, never too early to start the Teo bashing!
            • Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

If Perryman is out 4-6 weeks, he will really only be out 1-3 weeks of the regular season, not two months. Lets not get carried away. Who cares who holds the fort during preseason. Try everybody and anybody at MLB during preseason.
              And yes we have a few players that arent good fits for a 4-3 like Perry and Emannuel...as a OLB. I would of thought they would of used him as a DE but i guess they have enough of those already.
              11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
              35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
              37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
              66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
              69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
              100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
              110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
              140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
              181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
              225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Never a good time, but better now than during the season. Mr. TOOMER.....COME ON doooowwwwnnnn.

Comment

• rustybolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2017
                  • Send PM

Do you honestly think he will be in playing condition and ready to play immediately? It sounds like a high ankle sprain which can linger all season, especially if they come back early. I'd be surprised if his play doesn't drop off this year and next year they say it was due to playing hurt.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by rustybolt View Post
                    Do you honestly think he will be in playing condition and ready to play immediately? It sounds like a high ankle sprain which can linger all season, especially if they come back early. I'd be surprised if his play doesn't drop off this year and next year they say it was due to playing hurt.
                    Who knows? You dont know that he wont. We havent heard what his injury is. I think it might be worse than they said so far but i hope not. I didnt see him turn his ankle on that play and he said something popped while on the cart. But if it is a sprain, he could be ready and practicing in 4 weeks and they work him in. Nobody knows yet.
                    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                    181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                    225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Big Dog
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Do high ankle sprains go "pop" ???

Why do I keep thinking it's something else, dislocation ???

Comment

Working...
                      X