• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Porterparty
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2017
    • Send PM

Cancel preseason!!! At this rate we won't have enough players to play a reg . season game. ONE GAME, PERRYMAN, LAMP, BARKSDALE, OKUNG, WILLIAMS, HAYWOOD . AND THE BEAT GOES ON!!!

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Bolt-O commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the Powder Blues, Porterparty!
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Add Attaochu to the list.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Concudan View Post
      So if you have speculations... Post them.

I was just thinking... (Dont you roll your eyes at that!)... If Clemons can hit Benjamin for a 74 yard TD. What is Rivers going to do? Can you imagine Hunter/Gates/Gordon short, Benjamin/Allen long?

Would be nice to be the new greatest show on turf...
      And Tyrell!

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by PORTERPARTY View Post
        Cancel preseason!!! At this rate we won't have enough players to play a reg . season game. ONE GAME, PERRYMAN, LAMP, BARKSDALE, OKUNG, WILLIAMS, HAYWOOD . AND THE BEAT GOES ON!!!
        Uhhhhh.....welcome to the forum
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Concudan
          Bhi craic agus ceol again
          Generous Donor
          • Jun 2017
          • Principal Quality Engineer
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Wussy View Post
          IF our entire starting offense that played vs. Seattle remains healthy AND we learn to run block we are golden. But how likely is all of that? I want a run-blocking o-line in the worst fucking way. I love it when we run a lot. I know it's rare for us but it feels good to dominate at the LOS.

On defense the same thing. Of course we won't have Perryman for a while. Maybe the new UFA linebackers show us something. That would be huge for us if they could stuff the run at least.
          I get what you are saying and share your concerns. My only option for optimism here is how with a worse OL last season, MG28 was 3 yards away from 1000.

Comment

• whookimane
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            Yeah i think our offense if we stay healthy may end up being ridiculous. Drafting Williams was a complete shock to me. Had to be based on injuries and the fact TW and DI are coming up on free agency. Was expecting speed on D.

This offense probably could line up without a RB every snap and be a nightmare. We have quite a few players that need help over the top for secondaries. Henry may be our best player on offense. He is that good.

If we can run block we are probably the highest scoring offense in the league this year. The fact we went down on our first drive and scored was one thing....it was the 8 minutes that spoke volumes. You keep the D off the field....and you have Verrett out there instead of Davis i doubt they even get 3.

I expect our starting units to be very good. And everyone that sucked in the 2nd half to get cut. Id start using guys like King, Harris and Onwualu with the 2's. I think they have made the team.

Rivers was one of 4 QBs to start off the preseason with a TD pass on his first drive. Nobody ate up 8 minutes. You protect Rivers...with these weapons?? Gordon at WR even? Crazy times ahead.
            Woah lets slow down. Hunter Henry is not the best player on this offense. and if we can run block is quite a huge/ENOMRUS if

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by whookimane View Post

Woah lets slow down. Hunter Henry is not the best player on this offense. and if we can run block is quite a huge/ENOMRUS if
              I know that sounds odd. And im speaking offesnively. I should have said that. Obviously he hasnt the production of Gates. But excluding Rivers/Gates i think he may be the one player on offense who will have the best career. First of all i base this on the most important ability. And thats availability. But he is as gifted as anyone on the offense. And i expect him to prove that this year. He may lead the team in TD receptions. The only thing holding him back from putting up Gates Prime numbers is Gates himself. I would say during Gates' prime years he was 2nd in talent only to LT. I dont include Rivers in the equation. But even with a new QB eventually i expect Henry to be our most productive receiver. Based on availability, consistency and productivity. And most likely a HOF type career. Jason Witten type impact.

I know many will say Allen is better. Thats fine i think they are close. I do find it interesting that Allen lined up at TE vs Seattle and blocked while Henry was on the opposite side and ran the route. I think Henry could line up at WR and beat anyone you put on him. It will take teams that have successfully shut down Gronk/Graham using the same gameplan. And thats putting the top CB on him. Denver puts Talib on Gronk. Peterson in Zona has covered elite TEs. Henry will be that much of a mismatch for teams.

So i wont slow down. lol I never do.

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I will cross that bridge when/if that becomes a reality.

speaking of reality..... I bet the chargers/packers to meet in the SB at 250:1

bump. Ok, so Wiggans and Verrett done. On track for my speculation what the units look like at mid-season.
                Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Boltster
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Baltimore, MD
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

bump. Ok, so Wiggans and Verrett done. On track for my speculation what the units look like at mid-season.
                  Wiggins is done??

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

the injuries have not been the big issue IMO. Lynn has been absolutely brutal managing the game. Also, the offense has been out of whack. Terrible terrible situational play calling. How do they not go no huddle vs Miami and wear them down? Once again our ST have been anything but. I had hopes for a new attitude. Alas, we continue to find ways to lose. Our D has played well actually, aside from a few plays. The offense still has not found any rhythm. The run game is sporadic and obvious, and the passing game....Rivers vs KC was his worst game ever IMO. He missed reads, and threw it poorly all day. The plays we're there to be made. The pass blocking has been fine, the run blocking is not there yet.

That being said, I expect Rivers and co to break out big this weekend vs a banged up Eagles D.

Comment

Working...
                    X