Saints @ Chargers Preseason Game Day Thread!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bearded14YourPleasure
    Fluent in Sarcasm
    • Jun 2013
    • Iowa
    • Man of the People
    • Send PM

Saints @ Chargers Preseason Game Day Thread!

No injuries and improvement from the 2nd units is all I want. Less Clemens would also be nice.
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

And more Bercovici.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
      No injuries and improvement from the 2nd units is all I want. Less Clemens would also be nice.
      Exactly. No injuries and the kids at LB step it up a notch. OL too, they sucked. Most of all, no injuries!!
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

10 Chargers to Watch vs. the Saints

Sunday, August 20, 2017 10:03 AM PDT

By Ricky Henne
        Managing Editor
        Chargers.com

@ChargersRHenne

The Los Angeles Chargers continue preseason play tonight against the New Orleans Saints. How many snaps each player will receive is unknown, but here are 10 players to keep your eye on throughout the game:
        CB Desmond King DE Chris McCain TE Sean Culkin Jeff Cumberland and Sean McGrath banged up, and Asante Cleveland placed on the reserve-injured list, the undrafted free agent out of Missouri proved to be a capable blocker in the preseason opener. With starters such as Antonio Gates and Hunter Henry expected to see limited snaps once again, the hulking 6-5, 255-pound Culkin should once again have an opportunity to make his mark.
        WR Artavis Scott LB Nick Dzubnar Denzel Perryman out for several weeks after undergoing ankle surgery. A special teams standout as a rookie in 2015, Dzubnar missed most of last season with an ACL injury. All eyes will be on the L.A. native to see how he fits in with the first-team defense against the Saints.
        LB Korey Toomer RB Austin Ekeler CB Michael Davis QB Cardale Jones P Drew Kaser Toby Baker had an impressive showing as well, averaging 45.7 yards on three punts with a long of 55 while landing one inside the 20.

Build Back Better.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
          10 Chargers to Watch vs. the Saints

Sunday, August 20, 2017 10:03 AM PDT

By Ricky Henne
          Managing Editor
          Chargers.com

@ChargersRHenne

The Los Angeles Chargers continue preseason play tonight against the New Orleans Saints. How many snaps each player will receive is unknown, but here are 10 players to keep your eye on throughout the game:
          CB Desmond King DE Chris McCain TE Sean Culkin Jeff Cumberland and Sean McGrath banged up, and Asante Cleveland placed on the reserve-injured list, the undrafted free agent out of Missouri proved to be a capable blocker in the preseason opener. With starters such as Antonio Gates and Hunter Henry expected to see limited snaps once again, the hulking 6-5, 255-pound Culkin should once again have an opportunity to make his mark.
          WR Artavis Scott LB Nick Dzubnar Denzel Perryman out for several weeks after undergoing ankle surgery. A special teams standout as a rookie in 2015, Dzubnar missed most of last season with an ACL injury. All eyes will be on the L.A. native to see how he fits in with the first-team defense against the Saints.
          LB Korey Toomer RB Austin Ekeler CB Michael Davis QB Cardale Jones P Drew Kaser Toby Baker had an impressive showing as well, averaging 45.7 yards on three punts with a long of 55 while landing one inside the 20.

I disagree with Henne. I'll take the o-line and maybe the TE's as the players to watch - for their run blocking. I see run blocking as the most important element to work on.
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Porterparty
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2017
            • Send PM

Has anyone seen who will be starting on OL? We need for a legititment
            rg to show up on waiver wire. LB's are not there yet either.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Guessing, er hoping Feeney wins the starting RG spot today.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

No injury mojo! The rest will be sorted out.

Go Chargers
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Also be great if Jones shows more at QB...anything to make it easy to dump Clemmons.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

I wouldnt mind seeing Clemens work with the 1's. I wouldn't even play Rivers. Clemens would probably throw a few hospital passes however.

Comment

• blueman
                      blueman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That would be so depressing...we're too good of a team now for that to happen.

• Fleet
                      Fleet commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well its happening. lol
                  • Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

please, no Keenan Allen tonight.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Lynn said the starters could play a couple series against the Saints, depending on how many plays they go in the first series.

Along with more consistent offensive line play, here are five things to watch when the Chargers face the Saints:

Limit turnovers:The Chargers turned the ball over four times against the Seattle Seahawks

Play with energy: Defensive coordinator Gus Bradley mentioned that his defense did not play with enough juice last week, particularly after they made a big play. So that will be a focal point of the defense on Sunday, playing with more passion and energy.

Run the football effectively: The Chargers totaled 72 rushing yards last week, averaging just 3.3 yards per carry. They need to be more efficient running the football on Sunday.

Make tackles in space:Jason Verrett could see his first preseason action against the Saints.

Get off the field healthy: With guard Forrest Lamp (knee) already out for the year and linebacker Denzel Perryman (ankle) out at least two months, Lynn needs to make sure he keeps some of the front-line players healthy so they are ready for the regular season in three weeks.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        Formula 21 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Also known as doing the basics.

• blueman
                        blueman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Whatever downs our starters play, they just need to keep winning. Backups... sure learn, grow, develop, blah blah, but Seattle's starting D barely slowed our starting O, and I don't think Seattle got any points on the board until our starters starting coming off the field. Just saying.
                    Working...
                    X