• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whookimane
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post
    If the team ends up winning out, Lynn is, for my money the coach of the year. I know he won't win it. That award goes to somebody who didn't start 0-4, and that's fair. But frankly, as was mentioned in this article above, after that start, but still holding the team together, keeping them playing hard, and teaching them to believe and to win. What has happened with this team is nothing short of remarkable.
    If they win out I think he might seriously win it. It would be a historical comeback season by a rookie head coach. He would have to at least be top 3 in the voting

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Is he the equivalent of Tomlin taking over the Steelers?
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Panamamike
        Panamamike commented
        Editing a comment
        Didn’t Tomlin take over a team that won the SB?
    • Jagged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Omaha, Nebraska
      • Send PM

Originally posted by whookimane View Post

If they win out I think he might seriously win it. It would be a historical comeback season by a rookie head coach. He would have to at least be top 3 in the voting
      Win out and a playoff game or two.

Comment

• Rugger05
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

If Lynn wins tomorrow I will have no doubt he was the best hire possible

Comment

• CTrout
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Winning games will make almost any coach look good. Lynn certainly deserves credit for keeping this team together after a brutal start. Winning aside, what I've been most impressed with is how he's fixing all the little things that use to kill this team.
          Dumb penalties, costly mistakes, poor tackling, not getting plays in on time....etc. All have improved significantly as the season moves on. Imo this can be directly credited to good coaching. Hes helped this team PLAY SMARTER...

Comment

• Rugger05
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
            Winning games will make almost any coach look good. Lynn certainly deserves credit for keeping this team together after a brutal start. Winning aside, what I've been most impressed with is how he's fixing all the little things that use to kill this team.
            Dumb penalties, costly mistakes, poor tackling, not getting plays in on time....etc. All have improved significantly as the season moves on. Imo this can be directly credited to good coaching. Hes helped this team PLAY SMARTER...
            Not only is he making the team play smarter, but they are playing with a toughness/swagger they haven't had since Marty. I believe this is a process and they are trending up. During the 0-4 start it looked like the same old Chargers. To Lynn's credit he kept everyone aboard and righted the ship. I am excited for the future of this franchise

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Lynn was inheriting Rivers. How could this not be the best job available?
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Bolt-O commented
                Editing a comment
                It was by far the best job available. My opinion is that Sean McVay or Doug Pederson are the front runners in the Coach of the Year award, but so far no one has done better to pull a team out of a tailspin than Lynn. McVay and Lynn did the best job in picking the right DC, and new staff. I'm not totally sold on McVay, but he doesn't sound like someone who is stuck on traditional stuff. Pederson will win it, if his team doesn't collapse in the next three games.
            • richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Way, way too early to judge Lynn so far, though the team is obviously trending up. Remember, McCoy won a playoff game his first year and people were giddy about him. And then the wheels fell off.

Comment

• blueman
                blueman commented
                Editing a comment
                That team was pretty much the one Norv had, and underachieved with. Lynn inherited something far different IMO.
            • oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              Lynn was inheriting Rivers. How could this not be the best job available?
              With the franchise in transition it's a tough job.
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Lynn sure did not have the team very fired up or well prepared for the Chiefs tonight. Very disturbing to do down like this with the season on the line. Color me unimpressed with him so far.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I don't really see this one on Lynn. I never expect a win at Arrowhead. The Chiefs exploited the weak part of this D. And that's because the Chargers lack talent at the LB position.
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                    I don't really see this one on Lynn. I never expect a win at Arrowhead. The Chiefs exploited the weak part of this D. And that's because the Chargers lack talent at the LB position.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                    X