• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Part of sticking with the run is that if you never do it, you never get good at it.

Going with Schoefield seems like a good idea. Of course, is he playing for Slauson or Barksfield? And if Slauson is still hurting does Feeney play C, LG or RG? I haven't heard anything about him since he left the game late.

Comment

• blueman
      blueman commented
      Editing a comment
      Schoefield to right tackle, says Lynn.
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Everything Under Evaluation as Bolts Mull Lineup Changes

Austin Ekeler
    Some of it is a discipline thing, but Philon's hands to the face was poor initial hand placement that slid up as he maintain contact. He has nice quick hands, but he needs to get under the pads and inside to gain leverage. The tackling and a lot of the blocking ones are similar. Good technique often avoids penalties as much as just add confidence. Confidence is something the Chargers are really lacking.

Confidence and finishing. Too many times I see a bunch of guys slowing up and the ball carrier isn't down. Play through the whistle.

As far as Ekler goes, as few change of pace runs would be nice, and breaking a long run would do wonders, but you aren't going to break runs every week. We need to work on being consistent, which means everyone getting off the ball at the same time, the OL making solid contact, and then everyone working together to trade off and transition from the double teams to the 2nd level blocks.

ESPN thinks we need a home run threat, but we need to sustain drives more.
    A surprise addition to the 53-man roster after flashing during preseason play, Ekeler has made plays for a struggling Chargers offense.

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Not sure what to make of this:

Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn said in reviewing film from Sunday's loss to the Philadelphia Eagles that it's the first time during the team's 0-4 start that he felt the Bolts beat themselves.
      does it really matter HOW they lose anymore? Season after season the Ls keep piling up with no end in sight, and nobody from the top down has a clue how to diagnose, much less fix/change what is wrong.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Pointyearedog
        Humble Chargers Fan
        • May 2017
        • Golden Hill
        • Medical Devices Operations
        • Send PM

Lynn is in over his head, and he is too proud to ask for help. Meanwhile, Dean & company keep holding his head under water and do not appear to support the poor sod.
        "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." --Frank Zappa

Comment

• Wada
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2017
          • costa mesa, ca
          • Send PM

Bills looked fundamentally solid v. Falcons. Lynn to take some credit for that? Ryan? Luck? It's Buffalo - check back in January?
          Last edited by Wada; 10-04-2017, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• Rugger05
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

I think the jury is still out. 7 games is not nearly enough for me to decide one way or another. We are on a nice little roll, but our next 4 games will really tell me a lot. Have we really turned the corner or did we just hit 3 bad teams at the right time?

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Well i did expect it to take some time to lose bad habits. In regards to preparation and working. Everyone had to move. That takes it toll on players and family's. New D system. Unlearning bad habits from the Norv/McCoy years. Broncos offense is brutal under McCoy. Sloppy. Typical.

I didnt exactly jump off the Lynn train as i was pretty vocal about some of the basics. Like tackling and repeating mistakes over and over. Like the play clock debacle every snap.

Its almost impossible to guage a coaches impact in 7 games. Philosophies have to be implemented and then adopted. All the while trying to adapt to a new situation in LA. Having very little support from the fans was probably effecting this team going back a couple years now. Ingram finally said they have turned the corner as far as the fans go. They dont care or worry about fan support at home. They dont expect it. And they dont plan on letting it get to them according to him.

In fact he stated they play for each other now. That its brought them closer as a team. As brothers. Maybe thats what they needed? Maybe fans not supporting them at home makes them better?

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

The more Lynn the better.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Here is how I feel:

Week one: I didn't like Lynn
                    Week two: Didn't like him a little more; swore I would not watch football the next week
                    Week three: Didn't like him a little more; broke my week two swear, but made a new one to not...forget it
                    Week four: Didn't like him a little more; why are players kneeling during the national anthem? Who hid my beer? I only had six!
                    Week five: Wow. They beat a winless team. Lynn not quite as bad as I thought?
                    Week six: They beat an AFC west opponent and the Raiders, no less. Fleet cried! Lynn is not THAT terrible. He overrode Whiz and forced the run.
                    Week seven: Shut out the Broncos, went for it four times same power play on the goal line, called out Gordon. I am starting to actually like Lynn now.

As fans, we are allowed to flip flop as much as we want. It is our right. In Denver they flipped my script and all want Vance Johnson fired. Why Elway hired one of his former WRs as HC never did make sense. Ooops! He made a mistake and hired a guy with a very similar name by accident. Joseph is a sneaky fellow. And Elway was tipsy. Hey, when isn't he?

Seriously, it is taking a while for this team to take on the personality of the new head coach. After many years of Turner and McCoy, now they are getting some Schottenheimer and Parcells type stuff. Doesn't happen overnight. Marty did not go 13-3 his first season. Also, the more success the defense has, the more they will buy in to Bradley and the better they will get. Figured it would take 5-6 weeks after a decade of Pagano and Wade. Glad the players stuck to it and Bradley kept them motivated. As much as the front office is criticized around here, I think hiring a coach with this type of demeanor and pedigree is the right choice given that this team has no home field anywhere they play. That has to suck, no matter how the players plaster over it. A guy like Lynn can get them into a bunker mentality where a Norval/Mike Mcoy could not. I did not like the Lynn hire and was very underwhelmed, but I can see now what it was that attracted the front office to him.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• foreigner
                      Tom Telesco is gone
                      • Sep 2013
                      • Send PM

We lost a close game to the donkeys, we lost a close game to the dolphins, we were right there with the Chiefs up the to end, and we lost 26-24 against the best team of the NFL right now. I still think that Tommy has no clue (my argument is still that he should've beefed the OL in a clever way) and Spanos has to sell team. But I have been saying that the coaching staff is more than decent (pretty good actually) and is the least of my worries.

And oh boy what a tough schedule we have: patriots, jaguars, cowboys, redskins, chiefs, bills, jets and the faiders.... and the friking browns.
                      Last edited by foreigner; 10-24-2017, 05:57 AM.

Comment

• whookimane
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

I like Lynn the close games they lost I dont put on him the way I put them on Mccoy in the past for ultimately shutting down the offense every time we got a lead. I love the aggressiveness on 4th down and even though i dont agree with what he said about the 4 straight goal line runs I liked how he held the players responsible. He said something along the lines of I dont put that on the O line thats on the back melvin need to get that in. I dont agree with his statement but I like how he isnt afraid to tell it like it is and I believe the players respect that. Mccoy would have said something along the lines of "I dont know I need to look at the tape and we need to get better in all phases". My only knock on the coaching really is the offense is wayyyyy too predictable but I think this is a complaint more of wisenhunt than lynn

Comment

Working...
                        X