• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Hard to tell.

But Whisenhunt still does nothing for me.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

It all started in exhibition play with the"who cares" attitude.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Rugger05
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

It is early In his career but nothing too impressive thus far. Hate trying to run the football when nothing is there

just seemed like the same ole Chargers to me. I know things can't be fixed overnight but nothing has been overly impressive to me thus far

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
          Fluent in Sarcasm
          • Jun 2013
          • Iowa
          • Man of the People
          • Send PM

I think the biggest issue with this team, and it's been this way since Norv, is that the team doesn't believe it can win. The talent on this team is good enough to win close games but the mindset isn't there. Part of that comes from just getting those bounces coming your way, but a large part of that comes from the leadership on the team especially the coaches making the players believe they can do it. Lynn may be able to make the players more accountable with time but I don't know that he will ever be a motivator.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • SoDak
            • Technology Director
            • Send PM

I have not been impressed.
            and, I'm usually a Coach apologist.
            team looks disorganized more than anything

if he doesn't want to "lose the team" early, he needs to get it turned around.
            "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Right before halftime Rivers wanted to run a 4th down play. What a cluster fuck. That's not being prepared.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Wussy View Post
                I think he fucked up with that time out call to ice the Miami kicker. That IMO was stupid! We could have used that timeout to get closer for Koo on the ensuing drive.
                They would have run another 45 seconds off the clock, called TO, and we would have had very little time to work with. Icing the kicker would have done the same, allowed the time to run off since you can't call a 2nd TO until you run another play.

If anything, I think he should have called it before the 2-minute warning to give us more time overall. But either way (prior to the 2-minute warning or the TO before the kick), those were not serious errors in clock management. We just didn't have that much to work with. Lesser of evils.

The ones that hurt were not having 2 plays ready coming on the field to start the final drive. It was a good call looking across the middle, but if you call a play like that, and it is incomplete, the clock stops.

When a pass like that works, you know that you have to either run up and spike it or run another play. So, run up and run the 2nd play, which should have been called on the sideline. Again, if the 1st play didn't work, we have a clock stoppage to call another one.

We shouldn't use the TO right away. Have a 2nd play called on the sideline and just run up and call it. Save the TO. We had plenty of time to run up and get a play run. They didn't even need to rush it too badly since at that point we are 15 yards away from FG range. The only time we should use a TO is if it is a very long pass and the OL and Rivers have to sprint to the other end of the field, but then you are on the doorstep, so it doesn't matter.

By taking the TO, that really left us with the only option being a long FG try. We can't be aggressive attacking the middle of the field. You can do it one more time, but in the back of your mind, you want to save it to get the FG team on.
                Last edited by Steve; 09-17-2017, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

The bigger issue I had in this game was the blocking schemes. In the 1st series, we ran a draw that Suh blew up in our backfield. Wiggins released to go downfield (and fell flat on his face). But they were asking Pulley to block Suh, who was lined up on the outside shade of Wiggins. That is a long way to go to block any 3 technique DT, let alone Suh, who is still a pretty good DT, even if he is not the guy who got the huge contract. Pulley can make that play if he was lined up at OG, but asking him to snap the ball then get over there against a guy with Suh's quickness is absurd. Not sure who is to blame on the coaching staff. Could be Lynn, Wishenhunt or the OL coach. But it was done by design based on how the OL were flaring out.

The were various other plays that just gave us matchups with various OL stuck with plays where they were either asked to reach a Miami DL vs leverage. They are just asking too much of our OL in those cases.

The other maddening play on the 1st series is when we had the chance to convert the 4th and 1. First, we could have done it if the refs had gotten the ball set, but they took their sweet fucking time and let Miami get their D back on the field. But then they didn't cover Pulley and Rivers was goosing him, and he didn't have any idea that Rivers wanted a sneak. Every team in the country has that play, so Rivers calling him our so you could hear it on the TV coverage was perfectly justified. In fact, we should be doing that every week.

We just need to run a lot of no huddle and then change the tempo up now and again. But there is no point in running all the no huddle stuff if we aren't going to use it to impose our will on the D, and ruining the tempo for the D is part of that.
                  Last edited by Steve; 09-17-2017, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Lynn is having a Bobby Ross like start...
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      The bigger issue I had in this game was the blocking schemes. In the 1st series, we ran a draw that Suh blew up in our backfield. Wiggins released to go downfield (and fell flat on his face). But they were asking Pulley to block Suh, who was lined up on the outside shade of Wiggins. That is a long way to go to block any 3 technique DT, let alone Suh, who is still a pretty good DT, even if he is not the guy who got the huge contract. Pulley can make that play if he was lined up at OG, but asking him to snap the ball then get over there against a guy with Suh's quickness is absurd. Not sure who is to blame on the coaching staff. Could be Lynn, Wishenhunt or the OL coach. But it was done by design based on how the OL were flaring out.

The were various other plays that just gave us matchups with various OL stuck with plays where they were either asked to reach a Miami DL vs leverage. They are just asking too much of our OL in those cases.

The other maddening play on the 1st series is when we had the chance to convert the 4th and 1. First, we could have done it if the refs had gotten the ball set, but they took their sweet fucking time and let Miami get their D back on the field. But then they didn't cover Pulley and Rivers was goosing him, and he didn't have any idea that Rivers wanted a sneak. Every team in the country has that play, so Rivers calling him our so you could hear it on the TV coverage was perfectly justified. In fact, we should be doing that every week.

We just need to run a lot of no huddle and then change the tempo up now and again. But there is no point in running all the no huddle stuff if we aren't going to use it to impose our will on the D, and ruining the tempo for the D is part of that.
                      Miami only had 10 guys on D on that play. Just snap the fucking ball when Rivers asks for it. Maybe they should include that in their coaching.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

He's worse than McCoy, who Rivers at least respected. This is just going to get worse. I wouldn't be surprised if Rivers and Lynn got into it on the sidelines, it's bubbling.

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                          Lynn is having a Bobby Ross like start...
                          as long as the result is Bobby Ross like......

Just not getting that same vibe.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡