• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    I don't really see this one on Lynn. I never expect a win at Arrowhead. The Chiefs exploited the weak part of this D. And that's because the Chargers lack talent at the LB position.
    Arrowhead is a tough place to win but this team was out-coached on both offense and defense and had no game plan to attack a bad Chief defense. Add in his inability to fix the special teams and you have us at 7-7, and we are only there because we caught a few teams at the right time. We have lost to every good team we played this year.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I give him credit for pulling the team together after 0-4. Just shows you how truly deep of a hole it is.

That being said, I'm so tired of seeing us shit the bed every single time we are in a big spot. So tired.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• captaind
        Cook This Pork Chops
        • Jun 2013
        • Mars
        • Ball Holder
        • Send PM

Special Teams coach shouldn't even be allowed on the flight home.

Lynn's done a respectable job this year considering.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Year two, team on an upswing, team is young, better coaches should be easier to hire.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Kickers matter. Gunners matter. Returners that don't fair catch or let the ball hit the ground matter.

The STs coach should not make it to week 17

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

The dime DB played well enough in terms of stepping up and filling. We didn't lose because they were too small. We lost because they can't tackle.

We can upgrade the LB corp, but at some point we need to do the same with the DB, because that is a problem that never goes away.

Comment

• vinabolt
                  Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                  • Feb 2015
                  • Send PM

So far Lynn has showed that he is a good leader and probably a quality football coach, good motivator. But he hasn't show that he's a "big game" coach. We're really under perform in divisional games, the NE game, and the KC games.
                  Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

OK, now its the time for the evaluation.

B... didn't make the playoffs, but turned the chicken shit of the move and the start into chicken salad. Biggest error might have been the pick of the PK, but he also held the team back initially to get the run game going. In the end, it looked like he let Whiz take over, and the running game all of a sudden showed up. Best move was hiring Gus Bradley.

I feel better than when McCoy made it into the playoffs in his first year. There was something 'soft' about the team after that playoff visit... maybe McCoy just didn't hold the team accountable, and Lynn does. He does have to figure out Kansas City, because I think that willl be the first game next season and winning the 1st quarter will be critical.

Comment

• Charged4Life
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

B... didn't make the playoffs, but turned the chicken shit of the move and the start into chicken salad. Biggest error might have been the pick of the PK, but he also held the team back initially to get the run game going. In the end, it looked like he let Whiz take over, and the running game all of a sudden showed up. Best move was hiring Gus Bradley.

I feel better than when McCoy made it into the playoffs in his first year. There was something 'soft' about the team after that playoff visit... maybe McCoy just didn't hold the team accountable, and Lynn does. He does have to figure out Kansas City, because I think that willl be the first game next season and winning the 1st quarter will be critical.
                      Yes! This Chargers team needs to beat the Chiefs. The earlier the better. It should be a tremendous confidence builder for the whole year. I think you do that by having a more balanced attack. We HAVE to run against KC effectively to beat them. They have Rivers' number. So win it on the ground. And then not tank in ST's. Just hold our own there.

Comment

• floydefisher
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • siberiacuse, ny
                        • Send PM

After watching them beat the Jets (should have been a total beatdown), then the Raiders (who obviously mailed it in weeks ago), my take is simple.

Gus Bradley made Lynn look good. If he didn't do such a horrible job in Jacksonville, I'd be open to putting him as HC and firing Lynn right now.

Still not impressed.
                        sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

The biggest error was hiring Stewart as ST coach, which single handily cost the team the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                          X