• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

Rivers never has been a great on the run thrower. Its obvious the pocker is consistently collapsing in those plays. Defenses are forcing this behavior and we cant protect without help. Ol is getting blown up too often and Rivers cant step into throws where he is very adept at picking apart defenses. Ol needs to gel at least on run blocking or pass protection....get 1 going,,,start with the run game

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Fleet, you really think on all those passes Rivers can his an open receiver while he is fading backward without his feet set?

This guy made zero effort to look at the rest of the play, or to roll back and forth through it. Yes, the receivers are open, but that is irrelevant if the QB can't get the ball to them.
      I think he missed Benjamin on an easy TD. I think he missed 2 other wide open WRs that he didnt even see as he never looked. Ive seen him make those plays yes. Im not saying the OL isnt terrible. Im saying Rivers isnt seeing open WRs. Wether his feet are set or not hes not even looking at the open WRs.

I thought the Special Ed comment was harsh. I was a SE teachers assistant in school. And those kids meant a lot to me. You are basically calling this guy retarded. Which i didnt expect from you. Hes a friend of mine and you attacked him. Hes also a member here. And i didnt want him to see your over the top comments.

You sort of lost me after that comment. I deleted it because it didnt sit well with me.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post

I feel like this happened even when Norval was coaching
        I thought Norv coached it.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

When Rivers is gone, I think it is going to be eye opening on how much the entire offense relies on him for the pre-snap protection adjustments and changing the plays at the LOS that have zero chance of succeeding. Unless there is a massive infuse of talent on the line at the same time his replacement is drafted, I suspect the O is going to take a pretty big hit and the rebuild will be painful.

My own opinion is that the commute is not a big issue as I'm not convinced it matters where he watches film as long as he watches it. Is it optimal? No, but I suspect moving away from his family during the week or uprooting and moving his family would have a bigger impact on him. Has he missed open receivers? Yep, just like every QB in the league does every single game. We know he can't throw on the run and we know the interior of our line sucks and the pocket is pushed in his face every game. Spending a high draft pick on his replacement, like we'll have to do soon, takes away from fixing that issue. Rivers isn't perfect and certainly has his flaws but so much focus on him as the problem seems pretty misguided to me.

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

Is it Rivers or Whiz?
            Does PR call any of his own plays or does he get everything from the sidelines?
            And if he does get plays from the sideline, does he spend too much time adjusting plays at the line of scrimmage?
            This seems as if it should be an easy fix. If PR is audible-izing every other play, tell him to stop. If Whiz is taking too long to send in the plays, let someone else do it.
            The longer the defenders get to see the O lined up in front of them, it allows them more time to disect what's coming.
            Maybe we should go no huddle, 2 minute drill the whole game? Couldn't be much worse than it already is.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍