• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Stadium Sabotage

By George Mullen Whether you loved or hated the San Diego Chargers isn’t important. What’s important is the flagrant public and political breach of trust surrounding the team’s de…

JUNE 26, 2017 BY AT LARGE
    By George Mullen

Photo by dennis Term Sheet ProposalThe San Diego Union-Tribune, unearthed the bombshell that Mayor Faulconer had been secretly meeting with FS Investors/SoccerCity
    Mayor Kevin Faulconer may not be the man who lost the San Diego Chargers, but the sequence of events suggests he may be the man who purposefully traded them for the financial gain of SoccerCity and its backers.
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

San Diego fucked the team in the ass for years. Sucks the team had to leave because of it, sucks for the loyal fans in SD, sucks sucks sucks.

Comment

• KNSD
      Registered Charger Hater
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Sucker City has it's own problems, but the Chargers could have easily proposed a MV site which would have removed much of the opposition to Measure C. They could have even proposed a contig CC expansion for the same overall costs which would have endeared them to the hotel lobby.

AND. YET. THEY. DIDN'T. BTW, F*** Dean Spanos. (Last post on the main forums about this, promise)
      Prediction:
      Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
      Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
      Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• blueman
        blueman commented
        Editing a comment
        Doubt anything the team proposed would've passed the voters anyway, SD was just done with the Chargers, period.

• KNSD
        KNSD commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, and that's why Spanos' buddy in the Chamber of Commerce Jerry Sanders never bothered to bring up a new stadium when he was mayor.
    • LAChargersSafeHaven
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Send PM

Interesting development. Hmmmmmm.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Interesting. I may not have posted it had i known that. It surfaced on Twitter by one of the Thunder Alley guys.

Comment

• Dmike18
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Send PM

It's important it be sd viral. The city used public disdain for ownership as scapegoat for pushing hidden agenda. They were pushed out of town. Common citizens don't know that, they just listen to ace, Caldwell, Hartman

Comment

• Dmike18
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

Caswell*

Comment

• Dmike18
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Send PM

I bet a flood of shit(collusion evidence) surfaces if any type of legit investigation happens i.e. Cate/county's fake new regarding pledge of money/FS meetings etc

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Dmike18 View Post
                  It's important it be sd viral. The city used public disdain for ownership as scapegoat for pushing hidden agenda. They were pushed out of town. Common citizens don't know that, they just listen to ace, Caldwell, Hartman
                  Hartman finally got honest last week and said even if a new stadium was built nobody would go. Or had they stayed nobody would go because we are not a winning team and this city doesnt have enough diehards. Only a few fans go when they are losing. I mean id be stoked with them here in SD but until this team wins games and consistently i cant see any hope for fan support for a while. No matter where they are located in So Cal. Unless the team sells. That wont happen.

Ill tell you what though...im in it for the long haul. Always have been. This is my team. Not Spanos. He may make money off it. But i was born from it. Its my blood. Its just a rented whore to him. One day he will be gone. And the darkness will be gone.

I just watched The Dark Tower. lol

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Hartman finally got honest last week and said even if a new stadium was built nobody would go. Or had they stayed nobody would go because we are not a winning team and this city doesnt have enough diehards. Only a few fans go when they are losing. I mean id be stoked with them here in SD but until this team wins games and consistently i cant see any hope for fan support for a while. No matter where they are located in So Cal. Unless the team sells. That wont happen.

Ill tell you what though...im in it for the long haul. Always have been. This is my team. Not Spanos. He may make money off it. But i was born from it. Its my blood. Its just a rented whore to him. One day he will be gone. And the darkness will be gone.

I just watched The Dark Tower. lol
                    Team Spanos clearly has zero idea how to run a franchise. Just sucks that OUR team has to be run by those idiots. I was hoping that having the kids grow up around a team would mean they would somehow turn out differently than their weenie father but that surely doesn't seem to be the case. We gotta be die hard fans to stick with them...

Comment

• SDFan
                      SDFan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Let me take this opportunity to apologize for doubting you last year Rich, when you posted you had friends with intimate knowledge of FaulCONers behavior and he was just as slimy as any of the other politicians SD had suffered through. I thought he made a real strong effort to bypass Spanos and appeal directly to the NFL to keep the team in SD and rushing that EIR to remove a roadblock and getting Gov Moonbeam to sign off on the expedited review was proof he was honestly working to keep the team instead of an expensive diversion to keep up appearances ... or hide something.

6025 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I owe you an apology too Rich. You were right. Falconer was and is a sleazeball to the nth degree.
                  • floydefisher
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • siberiacuse, ny
                    • Send PM

Here's my piece on the situation.

Why didn't Faulkner just introduce the two sides to each other, and have them work out something you could all support?

Instead, he sides with one set of investors, puts the other side through hell, and the plans fall flat on their face anyhow.

You could have had the Chargers and Soccer City working together, have a really good stadium built, and potentially have zero tax dollars involved. Let that sink in.

For that, he's a putz, and I hope you all vote him out when his term is over.

Just promise me you won't put Bob Filner back in the office, please.
                    sigpic

Comment

6025 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      His term is over he can’t run again. However, the grapevine says he may try for a state government job so it’s up to all Californians to get educated about this cutthroat slime ball.
                  Working...
                  X