• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foreigner
    Tom Telesco is gone
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I see Rivers for exactly what he is - a good to very good QB nearing the end. We have known about his weaknesses for his entire career and I do not think there is much of a difference in him from now and 10 years ago. You can certainly question the decision to try that pass to Benjamin, but a large number of receivers in the league catch that pass, some would knock it down, but he did neither and it was intercepted. Brady is obviously the closest comparison currently playing that is close to Rivers in lack of mobility. But look at who Brady's coach has been his entire career and look at who Rivers has been stuck with. You think the Pats turtle up and run 11 out of 12 plays at the end of the game when the running game isn't working? Me neither. Brady is obviously in a different category than any other QB who ever played, aside from maybe Montana and Rivers isn't Brady. I just look at the games and see so many other areas that are affecting the outcome than the QB position. He has made mistakes, no doubt. But the rest of the team makes many, many more than he does. Focusing on him as the reason we lose is puzzling to me.
    Travis Fucking Benjamin sucks... he acted like a weak sissy on that interception.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

Travis Fucking Benjamin sucks... he acted like a weak sissy on that interception.
      LOL - yeah, not a big fan of his. He can run fast in a straight line and that is about it. He and Tyrell Williams are not very QB friendly receivers. We need Mike Williams to get up to speed. He absolutely catches that ball.

Comment

Season over? I'd say it is getting near to that point. Obviously we can still make a run and finish 10-6 but I can't see that happening. I have a feeling we'll win a few more games and probably finish around the 6-10 mark.

So should we turn it over to the younger players on offense? I think we should unless we are making this a retirement tour (e.g. like the Lakers did with Kobe) and we let Rivers throw to Gates for old times sake as let's face it we are probably going to lose either way. Then move on from them at the end of the season. But in all seriousness we should be featuring Henry, M-Will and co on offense to let them develop and become the focal points on the offensive side.

Comment

• Rugger05
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Season over? I'd say it is getting near to that point. Obviously we can still make a run and finish 10-6 but I can't see that happening. I have a feeling we'll win a few more games and probably finish around the 6-10 mark.

So should we turn it over to the younger players on offense? I think we should unless we are making this a retirement tour (e.g. like the Lakers did with Kobe) and we let Rivers throw to Gates for old times sake as let's face it we are probably going to lose either way. Then move on from them at the end of the season. But in all seriousness we should be featuring Henry, M-Will and co on offense to let them develop and become the focal points on the offensive side.
          Who is this Henry lad you speak of????????????????

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post

It blows me away that this coaching staff doesn't even try to get him the ball, yet insists on running Gordon into a wall when it isn't working.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post

Just some players that got .5 points for my fantasy team this week. I really should know better... ity:

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Not getting Henry involved is stupid especially when the Coach said in training camp he would play a big part in the offense. Henry makes plays in limited opportunities, our Wide Receivers have a combined total or 5 TD's Henry has 2TD's.

Coach just get him the dam ball!!!!

Comment

• BoltBacker
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Las Vegas, NV
                  • Send PM

My post is looking premature right now, but I will recant only after the Dallas game. We still have a long road for a team with little consistency. Who would have known AFC west would be so winnable at this point.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

No kidding, with the division leader looking like it can't win another game!

Comment

• Rugger05
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
                      My post is looking premature right now, but I will recant only after the Dallas game. We still have a long road for a team with little consistency. Who would have known AFC west would be so winnable at this point.
                      It would s Crazy how bad the division is when coming into the season it was thought to be the best division in the NFL

Comment

• Charged4Life
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
                        It's amazing how poorly the AFC West has played as a group. It would be an upset but I wouldn't be too shocked if the Tyrod Taylor led Bills beat the Chiefs in Kansas City next week. Taylor seems to have gotten the message from his Head Coach. Of course it would help if his receivers could catch the ball.

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

People are knocking the Bills D, but they are getting stuck in horrible situations with all the turnovers the last couple of weeks. IF they stop turning the ball over, they might still win a few games.

Comment

Working...
                          X