• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Two things about yesterdays game

#1 Melvin Gordon is not a premier back in this league. Yes he does get some long runs but those are far and in few then his 1 yard carries he constantly gets. I was a big supporter of him when he was drafted but he has really regressed this season. Ive never seen a rb run into his lineman constantly like Melvin Gordon does. #2 I have never seen worse play calling especially on third down then I did yesterday's game. It's like Jacksonville knew what the Chargers were doing because it was so predictable what they were going to do.
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Comment

• chris9341
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Yeah the fake punt did not help because you could tell they were not prepared for it but the fact is as much as the defense stopped the jaguars the chargers should still have put atleast 1 Td on the board. As far as Boston goes I thought the same thing when he intercepted the ball and was show boating before he got out of bounds and nearly got the ball knocked out of his hands. On a positive note Eckler has been really impressing me in the games he has played in. I don't see him as an every down back but you can use him like how we used woodhead when he was healthy.

Comment

• Rugger05
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Why is it the Chargers always have safety's that do dumb ass plays?????????

As far as the fake punt goes, how can you not be prepared for it when they have run the exact same play before. It's not like the run 60 punt plays a game and you are looking at that out of 600 plays. Horrible coaching................

Comment

• BlazingBolt
          SLAM DUNK!
          • Jun 2013
          • East County San Diego
          • Bolt fanatic
          • Send PM

Is Marlon McCree vindicated? Should have tried to advance the INT. Twice Boston fucked up after his INT by doing what all you wrong people think McCree should have done.

Twice interceptions protecting a Field Goal Lead with 2:00 and 1:33 left and you can't even win the game.

Once again I point out McCree's failure was fumbling, not trying to advance the ball. He should have advanced the ball, he just should have protected it better.
          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Situational Awareness is a weakness in the league, but it seems like the Pats are leaps and bounds ahead of the league there, as much as the Chargers appear to be behind the rest of the league. Boston could have gotten more yards than just running out of bounds, Kaser could have gotten more foot on the punt, Rivers could have thrown to a receiver who had a better chance of winning a 50/50, and previously been ready to run a play after a turnover.

I agree that at key points in the game, the play calling was overly predictable, based on a conservative approach. If they are going to be predictable, they better be able to overpower a team expecting a certain play, like they did in the Martyball era. The OL is not physically capable of doing so.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Jacksonville was calling all their "A" gap stunts and blitzes on 3rd downs. Our OL cannot handle them, and the blocking collapsed on just about every 3rd down. They knew it is our Achilles heel, and they used it on the downs where they could get the most out of it. Rivers had to bail on almost every play, or the RB was getting hit behind the line. But it doesn't matter what you call if you cannot block it. The blocking is dragging everything down.

Comment

• chris9341
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Now as much as I would love for someone else to run the ball for the chargers besides Gordon I just don't think theres a rb in this years draft that can be a premier back like a fournette or an elliot. I would'nt have a problem with Gordon if he would just hit the hole straight on instead of shuffling his feet everytime he gets the ball. I would rather see him get 4 to 6 yards a carry the get 2 yards a carry with him breaking the long run occasionally. One of the best rb's I ever seen play Eric Dickerson was awesome at hitting the hole straight on. There was no shuffling his feet or dancing around the backfield trying to find a hole to run through he just did it. Now to take some slack off of Gordon for the love of god please change up your running style Anthony Lynn. I can literally sit at home and call what play you are going to do just by the way you line up on offense thats how predictable your offense is.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
                  Now as much as I would love for someone else to run the ball for the chargers besides Gordon I just don't think theres a rb in this years draft that can be a premier back like a fournette or an elliot. I would'nt have a problem with Gordon if he would just hit the hole straight on instead of shuffling his feet everytime he gets the ball. I would rather see him get 4 to 6 yards a carry the get 2 yards a carry with him breaking the long run occasionally. One of the best rb's I ever seen play Eric Dickerson was awesome at hitting the hole straight on. There was no shuffling his feet or dancing around the backfield trying to find a hole to run through he just did it. Now to take some slack off of Gordon for the love of god please change up your running style Anthony Lynn. I can literally sit at home and call what play you are going to do just by the way you line up on offense thats how predictable your offense is.
                  I would not take a RB in the first round again, but if Rashad Penny was there in the 2nd or 3rd I'd take him!

Comment

• chris9341
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

I see what your saying but you can't have that mind thought because you don't know if you are passing on the next Todd Gurley or the next Ezekiel Elliot or Leonard Fournette. I just don't think rb's are at a premium this year. However if someone like Royce Freeman is available in the second round then I would take him. I think penny and chubb will go in middle first round. I want the chargers to continue to build up there defense. If we have a high draft pick it has to be on an linebacker who can actually cover TE's and not get beat in coverage constantly. As much as I love Kyle Emanual he is not a good linebacker. Same goes for Perryman and Toomer, they are ok but they are not great.

Comment

• Charged4Life
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Send PM

I'm still pissed about the Jags loss. FUCK. That was fucking pathetic. Our defense was dominant and deserved a win. I'm VERY proud of the defense. But the offense...oh, you don't want to know what I think of the offense. Especially Gordon.

Comment

• Charged4Life
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
                        #1 Melvin Gordon is not a premier back in this league. Yes he does get some long runs but those are far and in few then his 1 yard carries he constantly gets. I was a big supporter of him when he was drafted but he has really regressed this season. Ive never seen a rb run into his lineman constantly like Melvin Gordon does. #2 I have never seen worse play calling especially on third down then I did yesterday's game. It's like Jacksonville knew what the Chargers were doing because it was so predictable what they were going to do.
                        Yeah, it's kind of remarkable to watch one running back with good instincts in Ekeler and one with NO CLUE what an instinct might be in Gordon.

Comment

Working...
                        X