• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foreigner
    Tom Telesco is gone
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    Rivers gonna retire. I don't think he wants to play football long distance like he's doing this season.

Jones will end up getting playing time, see what he's got.
    I agree, either Rivers needs to retire or give up on his family and totally focus on the team for 8 months (next year), call it a very long business trip, he can still see them for one day a week, ( a lot of working dads do it, I dont see a problem with that). Or just retire... he can't do all that.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Except he said a couple of weeks ago he wants to play a few more years.

Comment

• foreigner
        Tom Telesco is gone
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

And I do really wish he plays a few more years, he is one of my guys. But honestly, he tries to do too much (including his family...).

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

I honestly don't mind Whiz as much as many on here do. (When it works your a genious, when it don't your an idiot.)

However, perhaps a change at OC would/could be needed to "reign him in" and get the plays off in time!

I mean, I watch a lot of professional football, and there are other quarterbacks who audible at the line quite a bit, and the Chargers are BY FAR the worst and slowest at getting this done. Some of it may be Rivers. But some of it has to be scheme. (I don't remember Roethlisberger or Kurt Warner having this issue when Whiz was their playcaller, but maybe I'm wrong).

Or Maybe Lynn puts his foot down and takes away some of his audible powers? I'm not sure of the problem, or the solution, but I do think that it affects the performance of the team.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I think we got too many chefs, not enough prep cooks. Somebody needs to step back/up.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 40m40 minutes ago
              The #Chargers

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Cleared to play Sunday by the independent neurologist. Still Questionable...

Comment

• Hard Charger
                  Chargers fan since 1977!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

We need Rivers in there! In my honest opinion, we don't have our developmental/backup QB on our roster yet. All that being said, it almost seems like at this point wins will be a setback. As much as I hate to lose, I don't see us making the playoffs, at what point do we think about the draft?

This is only my (as lost as it is), mind thinking what is best for the team...

This has been a really tough year for us and I have struggled keeping my mind trained on what we need to do. I really do enjoy coming in hear and hearing all of your thoughts. I hope some day (soon), we'll all look back and this and be glad we stuck with the Chargers.

I will stop my rambling now...

HC

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

I don't know if we do or not, but given that he was playing in preseason before he knew the offense, I don't think you can right Jones off yet. I would have liked to have seen him play with the 1st and 2nd string guys too, since the 3rd and 4th strings guys often don't know the plays or are very good. Just saying.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Kudos to Philip for self-reporting, as revealed in his PC, with the abundance of caution. His game streak is important, but he put life and family before that goal. We also found that Clemens is ok in the mop up at the end of the game, but Jones is still a huge question mark.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

It was nice we had a blowout today and could sit him for an entire quarter.

Comment

Working...
                        X