• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Good Morning Football - Chargers Downright Terrifying

I said this last year about losing so many players...that it helps the depth players for the following season. This woman hits it on the head here. The depth from last year in key roles have stepped up this year. But the point she makes about breaking bad habits is so true. We were so mired in bad habits it was not only showing on the field last year with injuries and boneheaded plays...but obviously with losses. I trully feel that Lynn not only identified the bad habits with help form his coaches but also put a system in place to teach these players how to win. How to overcome tough breaks. And how to stay healthy. We really had no identity.

When i think of the Jaguars i think of that defense. And how deadly it is. Starting to feel the same about our defense. We are able to get pressure with only sending 4 or less and that allows our DB's to cover better. Perryman is an absolute beast defedning the run for us now. Hes really picked it up and helped this D.

Stud pass rush and stud pass defense. Some teams only have one of those as their identity. Or none. Or there identity is just on one side of the ball. We have both.

We are deadly on offense right now as well. Its the top offense in the league over the past 4 weeks. Rivers is on fire. Run game isnt where we need to be but teams have done well with a solid passing attack and stout Defense.

This team right now overall reminds me a little of the Broncos SB winning team. They were not a great running team. Better than us but we are probably a better passing team than they were. Im just seeing some similarities between the 2 teams.

Need to show up in Arrowhead. Thats a tough venue. Its so tough that great teams go in there and become bad teams for a week. Lets rally boys.

• Rugger05
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Exactly the reason for me starting let's cut the BS thread. This team is stacked and everything is really starting to come together for them. I haven't been this geeked up for a game in awhile. It's getting so bad my wife is happy the game is on Saturday and not Sunday. It's time to cook these Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      Mister Hoarse commented
      Editing a comment
      Time to BBQ this chefs
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Im all in on this team but i cant remember the last time we beat KC in KC. Im still tempering my expectations. Rivers had close to 400 and 3TD the last time we beat them in KC. He may need to do that again.

Rivers dropping back further has had a huge impact. He can see the pass rush in front of him and hes pretty good at cheating them out of sacks. See Kerrigan's first or 2nd pass rush on Sunday. He almost nailed Rivers.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

2013 Fleet. It was a great game.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Attack
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2017
        • Send PM

I'm pumped for this Chiefs game too! They should come out fired up to take the crowd out of it. Can't wait for Sat nite.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

The key to the game is Rivers. If he comes out and plays like he has been, this is not even close. There is no one on the Chiefs who can cover Allen and Peterson will lose his cool along the way. If Phil comes out all hyper and jacked up, it is not going to go well.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Rugger05
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I will never forget the MNF fiasco back in 2011. My wife and I were on our honeymoon. We were on a cruise ship in the Mediterranean sea. It had ESPN so I watched the game much to the chagrin of my wife. When Rivers fumbled that snap I lost it. That honeymoon was amazing, but that day was the worst day ever. Really need to crush the demons of playing at Arrohwead

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Time to have this best day evers
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Id like to think cutting the hater forum as well had an impact on the positivity around here. lol That was a tough call. Og yeah and changing to this color rush theme.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• RobH
                    RobH commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes. Extremely difficult to see the name on my mobile phone. Onegai shimasu!

• Fleet
                    Fleet commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It has to be changed in the CSS and i cant locate it. So once my guy gets back with me ill change it. Hes lagging.
                • Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Yeah good idea. I noticed it the other day.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                    chargerkdb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If we can’t have the red then yellow would be good

• Highboltage
                    Highboltage commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I like the color when you mouse over the username.
                • Iowachargers
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Dow City, Iowa
                  • Send PM

The Chargers should've beaten the Chiefs last season on opening day. Beating them badly in the first half, then KA went down. Rivers had no one to throw to after that and the Chiefs came storming back. If KA stays in the game, I believe they win. He was killing it in the first half.

Comment

Working...
                  X