• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Does Gus Bradley get another shot?

Gus was a failure as a head coach. And the Jags looking so great just one year later kind of makes him look even worse.

Nonetheless, he has maximized the talent on this defense, kept the guys motivated and focused, and improved their play every week. Do you guys think he gets another HC job? And if so, would it be as soon as 2018?

Browns, Broncos, Bengals, Colts, Giants, Buccaneers, Bears, Raiders, all probably looking for a new head coach. And there are not a ton of candidates out there.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
  • Rugger05
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

He is at least a year away IMO. Too many people ahead of him

Comment

• vinabolt
      Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
      • Feb 2015
      • Send PM

They usually get 2 chances. Whiz already got his 2nd chance. I think Gus will get his 2nd chance and deservely so. Now we just have to hang on to him as long as possible and find his replacement on SEA or ATL staff whenever he decide to be a head man again.
      Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

I'm hoping he's seen as a great DC, lousy HC candidate.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• SDFan
          SDFan commented
          Editing a comment
          Like Wade Phillips
      • Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Norv kept getting HC jobs. Let that sink in.
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
          Gwynning_Spirit commented
          Editing a comment
          my sink is now clogged.

• SDFan
          SDFan commented
          Editing a comment
          My toilet is now clogged after trying to flush a big NOrv.
      • vinabolt
        Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
        • Feb 2015
        • Send PM

Some people you can see that they're too nice to hold certain job positions, NFL head coach is one of them. Pete Carroll might be the only exception but when you look at SEA players in disarray and yapping their mouths sometimes, you've to wonder if Pete Carroll can control things down there and when their talented defense gradually deflate away years by years, what will he do.

I haven't seen a successful NFL head coach who has a soft personality and too much of a nice guy. They usually have some meaness in them. Bradley is a great football coach. But I don't think he'll ever be a great head coach. He's good at X&O and know how to build defense. Doesn't mean himself or management around the league think that way too. They usually have at least 2 chances before given up.
        Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Well that D he had in place was young. They go out and pick up the top 2 Free Agents in Campbell and Bouye. Both could be All Pros. Ramsey as well. I dont think they changed the scheme. His input on D is paying off im certain of that.

Then they do the one thing they needed most on offense and drafted a stud RB. They also got Westbrook at WR who was a guy i really wanted later in the draft. 1st round talent with red flags.

Unfortunately i think he will get another shot. Probably get some interviews after this season. Not sure he gets HC after this year but i think he gets interviews. Maybe Denver brings him in to screw us and save their D.

Colts may want to move from a 34 to a 43.

Ive heard from all sorts of sources that its possible 9 teams may move on from their currents coaches. I expect maybe 4. But ive seen at least 9 names mentioned. And a lot of them teams that have a defensive background.

Comment

• Boltster
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Baltimore, MD
            • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
            Some people you can see that they're too nice to hold certain job positions, NFL head coach is one of them. Pete Carroll might be the only exception but when you look at SEA players in disarray and yapping their mouths sometimes, you've to wonder if Pete Carroll can control things down there and when their talented defense gradually deflate away years by years, what will he do.

I haven't seen a successful NFL head coach who has a soft personality and too much of a nice guy. They usually have some meaness in them. Bradley is a great football coach. But I don't think he'll ever be a great head coach. He's good at X&O and know how to build defense. Doesn't mean himself or management around the league think that way too. They usually have at least 2 chances before given up.
            Tony Dungy?? Soft spoken yet successful.

Comment

• vinabolt
              vinabolt commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, but Manning outshined him too much. His background was defense but IND defenses under him usually sucks. And his teams was labeled "chokers", got upset by everyone until late in Manning career. I think their consistent playoff contending was mostly due to Manning and Bill Polian than him.
          • chargerkdb
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Hotter than hell, Georgia
            • Send PM

I think Bradley is just fine where he is

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Great qbs make geniuses of their coaches.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

Too soon for Bradley to get another shot.

if the defense continues to impress, for another year or 2, I'm sure he will get some looks.
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Screeme
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

He'll certainly get some interviews, from there who knows. It's true, a lot of coaches will get a couple chances. Heck, Belichick is on his second team after failing miserably with the Browns. So, there just isn't anyway, after one go round, to fully judge a coaches ability as a HC. I am certain TT and Lynn have a list in their desk drawers of potential new coordinators though.

Comment

• pigskin
                    pigskin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I thought this was Belichick's 3rd time around, wasn't he head coach of the Jets for one day or something like that?

• Screeme
                    Screeme commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You're right. I forgot about that. He was hired and quit like on the same day. I don't remember exactly what the deal was. I hardly count that as HC experience though, that was more like a contract dispute or something, I thought.
                Working...
                X
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎