Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
    I'm not dream of the creative ST schemes and masterful trick plays like the Rams. But it's nice to have a Boss Ross-like, Marty-like ST coach who focuses on the basic plays of ST, rather on just 1 or 2 aspects like the return game, which we're really good at for now. The basic aspects of ST go from preventing the long returns to protection and getting off kicks and punts safely and smoothly. People looks at the kicks but we must mastered the snapping, the blocking, the holding, every basic steps have to be execute automatically and robotically like in NE, so that the kickers can comfortably, confidently kicking the ball. Kickers' confidence come from trusting that his mates "do their job". You see NE's kickers from Vinatieri to Gostkowski you see that they kick the ball very comfortably, "knowing" that other parts "do their job". They mastered the basic things. If our kickers can have the same confidence and kick the ball comfortably then the accuracy will go up.

We need to sharpen the basic ST plays, make it machine-like automatic. After that, then we can focus on the WOW plays like long returns, block their kicks, punt to the 5, fake trick plays. Etc.
    Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• chargerkdb
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
      • Send PM

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

5 games played. 5 games where STs cost us points. It is happening in most phases and it must be stopped. Players have been changed perhaps coaching now?
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
          5 games played. 5 games where STs cost us points. It is happening in most phases and it must be stopped. Players have been changed perhaps coaching now?
          If Lynn held coaches to the same standards as players there would be a change. But evidently he doesn't and since Stewart was his mentor and is his assistant head coach I doubt anything will change.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

If Lynn held coaches to the same standards as players there would be a change. But evidently he doesn't and since Stewart was his mentor and is his assistant head coach I doubt anything will change.
            Maybe Lynn will study the entire special teams coaching situation and fire one of the quality control assistants who put together game film cut ups for Stewart to fix this?

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
            X