• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

AFC West Top 40 Players

8. Wes Welker, receiver, Denver: The free-agent prize of the division will make Manning even more lethal.

9. Dwayne Bowe, receiver, Kansas City: The league is waiting to see how Bowe responds to his big-money deal.

10. Eric Berry, safety, Kansas City: Healthy again, he is one of the most exciting young defenders in the game.

11. Tamba Hali, linebacker, Kansas City: He is a top pass-rusher. A very disruptive force.

12. Justin Houston, linebacker, Kansas City: Watching Houston and Miller grow together in the same division will be a treat.

13. Corey Liuget, defensive end, San Diego: He has a chance to become a top player at his position. Big second season.31. Kendall Reyes, defensive end, San Diego: Second-year player has a chance to make big strides. Terrific pass-rush skills.

32. Dwight Freeney, linebacker, San Diego: He is aging, but if he can stay healthy, he can still make an impact.

33. Wesley Woodyard, linebacker, Denver: Former special-teams ace is now a standout position player.

34. Dunta Robinson, cornerback, Kansas City: Versatile free agent will make his presence felt.

35. Ryan Mathews, running back, San Diego: Talent is there. Chargers are waiting for him to have some health.

36. Derek Cox, cornerback, San Diego: Underrated free-agent pickup. A scout favorite.
    Hashtag thepowderblues
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Prediction - a year from now Reyes will be in the top 10 of this list.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Williamson logo:
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• cyberbolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I'm as big a homer as anyone, but I wouldn't put Rivers at 6.

Comment

• BoltBacker
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Las Vegas, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by cyberbolt View Post
          I'm as big a homer as anyone, but I wouldn't put Rivers at 6.
          Have to agree, he probably should be #2. Big bounce back year, Rivers has much more of an impact than Von Miller.

Comment

• Beerman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Eastlake
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
            Have to agree, he probably should be #2. Big bounce back year, Rivers has much more of an impact than Von Miller.
            Haha :laugh: :carlton::rock: Love it.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

With the SDUT becoming toilet paper, we get ESPN's clueless regional coverage over UT's clueless local coverage. Id rather watch with my own eyes and sound things out here, than trust these glorified bloggers opinions.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• cyberbolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
                LMAO, hope you're right

Comment

• MakoShark
                  Disgruntled
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Alabama
                  • Send PM

Forget Rivers ranking...how the hell did Muffews make this list at all?
                  sigpic

Comment

• BoltBacker
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Las Vegas, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                    Forget Rivers ranking...how the hell did Muffews make this list at all?
                    Must be projections.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

I wouldn't have put Clady or Miller as high on the list as they made it. They are good players who get hyped a lot because they are at flashy positions. But both disappear for long stretches, and neither is much of a factor in the running game. If I was going to say someone got robbed, it is Flowers. I can't see how he is not a top 5 player in the division. Easily the best player on KC's D, easily the best CB in the division. They have him ranked #17. Derrick Johnson should be higher too, since he is probably the best ILB in the AFC, let alone the division. Butler will hopefully pass him soon, but Johnson is still really good.

Reyes needs to really improve as a run defender before he can take his game to the next level. He is a good pass rusher for a rookie, but he has a ways to take his game before getting to the next level. But even with that, he is probably better than #31 in the division.

So much of Denver's top players are relying on Peyton to have another very strong season. Without him, it would really downgrade the impact that so many of their higher skill players would rank and the impact that they can have. KC may not have that great a offense overall, but Charles and Bowe are not impacted as much by the performance of the QB. Bowe will be the #1 option on most of the passes KC throws, and Charles is just a handoff away from getting a touch (provided KC doesn't forget to handoff under Reid).

More than anything, I think it points to the AFC West not being a really strong division.

Comment

Working...
                      X