• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Can You Guys Check In

Nobody has said anything since yesterday. We seem to be up at the moment. Can any of you post?
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Darth Sergious
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Still lurking

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

Yup

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

here
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Did you gets get your email? With the link to the back up forum? As bad as it is that may end up being our new forum if we cant get this server issue fixed.

Comment

• Rugger05
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

In

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

here.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

I hope you guys have the back up. Because i dont have the time to spend on tech support anymore. If we go down im just going to hope it gets taken care of. I have too many things im trying to juggle right now. Its why im not here much these days. I spent days setting this forum up. And money.

If we disappear again and it doesn't get fixed on its own ill monitor the back up. And if enough of you guys want a forum ill set it up to look as close to this place as possible.

The ads are gross yes...but with a good ad blocker they are manageable. We will lose the data here but im not worried about it. Im not gonna stress over things out of my control. With the Proboards Free forum i get support right away. I dont need to wait. Its so much fucking easier on me. I love running this forum. But the server stuff is out of my hands.

On proborads if its server related i dont have to do anything. Thats on them. I spent 7 hours yesterday dealing with this crash. I just cant do it anymore. Ive invested so much time and money into this place as a gift. But i cant afford to put more money into it anymore or spend most of a day trying to fix things out of my control.

Hope you all understand. I might even be willing to turn over control here to someone who wants to pay for upgrades and all the other things it needs. Im not asking for help any more. Asking for donations sucks. Especially when only a few care to help.

So most of you seem to really only care about the free part of this forum. I know i would. So it makes sense to just move to a free forum. Its not really fair that i keep dumping cash into this place for everyone. If i made a profit here i would do that. But its a money pit with all the needed upgrades and updates VB5 requires. I have at least 15 3rd party mods done here as well.

The other option if we want to save the data is to move to the VB cloud service. That means all break downs on the server or software are covered. Its $70 a month. Im not going to pay it.

Ill run it though and use donations to pay if this community steps up for that. But still its VB and unstable. We are small and slow these days. Chargers moving really slowed this place down. So moving to small free forum makes sense. I have a massive amount of experience on proboards.

Of course Rolling Thunder would need to let use the domain. Or we just switch to Thepowderblues.net. I dont care. Whatever happens happens.

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Went to backup forum, in guest mode
                    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• RobH
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Tokyo, Japan
                      • University English Lecturer
                      • Send PM

Got the email and this place is working okay so far today. Let me know if you need anything.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Just remember that forum. I know its ugly. But i will build it up. And all the plug ins are free. Its better than VB imo. You dont have to use tags to play videos or tweets. Its just simple. Ill hate losing the data....but i will never have to worry about being responsible for the break downs. I either have to invest hours of my time or money to fix this place. I did it in the past because i care about the community. But i dont have to spend more money for us to stay together.

Just remember that site. Because im expecting us to go down again here. Its unstable.

Comment

Working...
                        X