"...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• floydefisher
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • siberiacuse, ny
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charged4Life View Post
        The MOJO here IS strong. Stinky was RIGHT! My Mom's aggressive cancer was cleaned out TOTALLY. I'm amazed that they could even do that considering where the cancer was (face and throat). My Mom was/is down to 97 pounds and her ideal weight is somewhere over 120.

Now I get word that she may have dementia. It's not a definite because it isn't completely known what was causing her lack of mental "spriteness". It could have been the cancer but we'll find out now. At least in the coming days with her cancer free. I hope it was the cancer.

Oh, and she got a free facelift with the surgery. And the doctors put gold on her eyelid so she won't have that deer in the headlights look. Gold will make her eyes less wide open I guess. It also makes her more valuable. I kid! But I guess it does.
        Glad to hear the cancer was removed....mojo!!!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

• Charged4Life
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Send PM

I appreciate all your MOJO guys. It's VERY appreciated. It's funny how we remember the seemingly mundane moments with our loved ones as they approach death. As I type this I can't seem to lose the memory of my Mom asking me numerous times to make certain I don't screw up her computer as I read my favorite message boards and retrieve the nights' Strat-O-Matic results online. My Mom has too much going against her to make some kind of miracle recovery at this stage. And I wasn't fully aware just how bad of shape she was in until recently.

Guys, it depresses the shit out of me to retell how she's exactly withering away. Suffice to say that alcoholism has played a significant role in all of this. At least more of a role than my Mom would ever admit to. And I can't stay too upset with her for that being that we all have our false crutches or addictions or compulsions to guard us from our pain or limitations/challenges in life. I have a fricken collection of vices that I've honed through the years. So you know. Live and let live. Or in my Mom's case - live and let die. That's what I'm hoping for at this stage. I'm hoping she passes away in her sleep real quick.

Kind of interesting where you get wisdom. For the second time this week I went to the local junk food liquor store/gas station late at night. The first time I asked the cashier if he'd pray for my Mom. Her promptly answered back "I'll do better than that". He also asked for my Mom's name and I told him it is Jackie. I thought his retort sort of fascinating so I shared it with my therapy group. The therapist leading our group suggested he may have been Jesus - in a humorous way of course. But after walking to the liquor store the second time the young man selling me my junk food said he sent two angels to my Mom to look after her. That's pretty fucking neat in my book.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Charged4Life
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

Making my last Good-byes to my Mom this morning. She can't hear very well over the phone any more so I need to visit her in person. Tough but necessary if I want to say my good-byes. It's funny the things that resonate strongest in your memory with loved ones. I think it was her simple being - and not doing anything in particular - that I'll miss the most. .I mean her psychological/physical presence as my Mother when I was a kid.. Sometimes (especially this one) doing nothing but smiling at me. Oh yeah. I hope to write more on this later. What I have to look forward to later this morning is seeing my Mom in pretty much a concentration camp state of being along with dementia. I hope she fucking remembers who I am. But if not I'll deal with it.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Prayers to you and your Mom, C4L.
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

My sympathy goes out to you. Losing my mother was the worst day of my life.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

My heart goes out to your Fred. Peace brother.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Sympathies. Stay strong!

Comment

• Attack
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2017
                        • Send PM

Sympathy to you and your mom, Charged4Life. Reading your message brings back memories of when my mom was ill and then losing her. I was fortunate to be with my mom every day at the end and at the very moment when she passed. It was the toughest thing that I've ever been through, but looking back, I'm glad I was there. I think being there in person to say goodbye, although it is tough to do/say, it's the right thing to do. I don't think people realize how hard it is losing your mom until it happens to you. I think about her everyday, and it's been 5 yrs.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

My prayers are with you and you and family Fred.
                          God bless.

Comment

Working...
                          X