• Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Tyrell Williams Gets 2nd Round Tender

• Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

A 2nd would be good, but he shown that he could perform.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Chargers are tendering restricted free agent Tyrell Williams at the second-round level.

Schefter reports Williams has "drawn interest around the league" and could be a trade candidate. 26-year-old Williams has 112 catches for 1,787 yards over the past two seasons. A second-rounder might not be realistic, but the Chargers could still flip Williams for something less. That would require Williams' cooperation.

Comment

• Rugger05
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Geremy Davis signs a one year deal

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Why would you trade him? Makes no sense to me.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

With Allen's injury history, how slight of frame TB is, and the unknown of how Mike Williams back will hold up, I'd be hesitant to trade him as well.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

I hope they keep Tyrell. Trading him i think would be dumb.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Smart move by Tommy T
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• charger1993
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

We only put a 2nd round tender on him because even tho he plays well and stretches the field, idk many teams valueing his production worthy of a lost 2nd round pick

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    Why would you trade him? Makes no sense to me.
                    We spent a #1 on Mike Williams, so at some point you have to figure we have another WR who can step in. If we can add a fairly high #2, or a #2 and maybe switching a couple of picks later on, so be it. But we set the price.

My thing is if other teams won't give up a 2nd rounder, screw them. If you look at the production alone, yeah it could be better. But he had great production as the #1 option. When Allen and everyone was healthy, then it fell some. But the guy has great speed, and he helps stretch the field. Some of the rest of our offensive production is because of his speed, and that is partly why teams pay for speed.

If any other team doesn't like our price, good luck signing him next year, if we even let him get to FA. I am not totally against trading him, but it needs to give us a good return. if other teams don't see it that way, good luck somewhere else.

T. Williams has some flaws in his game, but when you consider how much he has improved, it is worth trying to see how he continues to develop. He is turning into a really good player and his best days are ahead of him.

I think the real reason we only put a 2nd round tender on him is that we are pretty tight up against the cap. It would have been almost impossible to give him a #1 tender (which is more than he is worth, but it would mean we would control him in terms of a trade).

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Reports like this make me think we will see a trade offer on Tyrell. Not many top wr tallent in this draft. So getting a second for him is kind of a zero sum game IMO. Report: Dolphins the front-runner for Albert Wilson

Posted by Charean Williams on March 12, 2018, 9:50 PM EDT
                      Getty Images

The Dolphins traded Jarvis Landry, putting them in the market for a veteran receiver.

They may have their man soon.

Miami has emerged as the front-runner for Chiefs receiver Albert Wilson
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• OhioBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                        Reports like this make me think we will see a trade offer on Tyrell. Not many top wr tallent in this draft. So getting a second for him is kind of a zero sum game IMO. Report: Dolphins the front-runner for Albert Wilson

Posted by Charean Williams on March 12, 2018, 9:50 PM EDT
                        Getty Images

The Dolphins traded Jarvis Landry, putting them in the market for a veteran receiver.

They may have their man soon.

Miami has emerged as the front-runner for Chiefs receiver Albert Wilson
                        Tyrell has more catches and yards and TD's in 2 season than this guy, I think it is risky in letting him get away.

1. Allen love him can he make it consecutive season playing a full season for the first time in his career?

2. Mike Williams has a lot to prove back\neck injury for a guy we expect to win jump balls and he is not known for separating nor is he a polished route runner not that Tyrell is either, but Tyrell has played through injuries.

3. Benjamin gets inserted next man up if either of the above get injured and where is your depth after that.

Comment

Working...
                        X