• Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Melvin Ingram Pushing For Tyrann Mathieu

• charger1993
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Per albert brer or however u spell his name
    Texted with ex-Cardinals DB Tyrann Mathieu on what he's looking for in his next destination: "I wanna go somewhere where football and defense matters." Said he'd love to go to a place where he can immerse himself in the game, and a culture of winning

Sounds to me like this has patriots written all over it

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post
      Per albert brer or however u spell his name
      Texted with ex-Cardinals DB Tyrann Mathieu on what he's looking for in his next destination: "I wanna go somewhere where football and defense matters." Said he'd love to go to a place where he can immerse himself in the game, and a culture of winning

Sounds to me like this has patriots written all over it
      I think hes going to get top dollar. I think he goes to the highest bidder and im not sure thats the Pats. But maybe. I dont think we can keep Verrett if we sign him. And at this point Verrett covering Tyreek Hill with Hayward on Watkins seems like a good thing. Im also wondering if we dont already have a honey badger on the roster in King.

Comment

• charger1993
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I think hes going to get top dollar. I think he goes to the highest bidder and im not sure thats the Pats. But maybe. I dont think we can keep Verrett if we sign him. And at this point Verrett covering Tyreek Hill with Hayward on Watkins seems like a good thing. Im also wondering if we dont already have a honey badger on the roster in King.
        We cant count on verrett tho. Hes played what maybe 2 seasons of football in 4 years. Id rsther trade him and get mathieu

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

We cant count on verrett tho. Hes played what maybe 2 seasons of football in 4 years. Id rsther trade him and get mathieu
          Very true. And id be fine with trading him and getting Mathieu. Ive made that clear on our twitter feed. The thing is Verrett has value to us if he has a big year. If he gets a huge contract and we remain very frugal in Free Agency next year he could get us a 3rd rounder in 2020.

Comment

• charger1993
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Very true. And id be fine with trading him and getting Mathieu. Ive made that clear on our twitter feed. The thing is Verrett has value to us if he has a big year. If he gets a huge contract and we remain very frugal in Free Agency next year he could get us a 3rd rounder in 2020.
            He could, but ghe numbers are on the side of injury sadly, if he gets hurt again this season he is of no value to us, i really dont see a win in keeping him. The sole reason i was against drafting him was because of his shoulder and i didnt think his body could take the beating. Its sad but it turned out to be true.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

He could, but ghe numbers are on the side of injury sadly, if he gets hurt again this season he is of no value to us, i really dont see a win in keeping him. The sole reason i was against drafting him was because of his shoulder and i didnt think his body could take the beating. Its sad but it turned out to be true.
              There are some players out there i would cut Verrett to free up cash for. But some things have to happen. Like Boston returning. Or a lower level signing like Morgan Burnett. I agree Verret likely doesnt stay healthy this year. But losing him and Boston without updating the secondary at FS or CB is a scary thought.

Id love to trade him for Thomas imo.

Comment

• charger1993
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

There are some players out there i would cut Verrett to free up cash for. But some things have to happen. Like Boston returning. Or a lower level signing like Morgan Burnett. I agree Verret likely doesnt stay healthy this year. But losing him and Boston without updating the secondary at FS or CB is a scary thought.

Id love to trade him for Thomas imo.
                Oh i agree, i dont want both gone, tre played good last season, i can give 2 shits about show boating if you play well idc what u do. Winning only matters to me. If we retain boston and make a play on mathieu id kiss verrett bye. And for clarity which thomas are u referring to in a trade theres a million

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

I ws referring to Earl Thomas. And im not sure Boston and Mathieu makes sense. Im just saying trading Verrett for say a LB or DT and not having either Bostor or Mathieu in the secondary would be a concern. Because i cant go into this draft expecting James or Fitz to be there. And id most likely have to be willing to take Harrison at 17. Which i have stated im fine with.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Mathieu is a potential replacement for Addae or Phillips. He is a great player up close to the line in the box. But the fact that he gets dinged up is a problem that other players are willing to overlook.

The highest replacement pick we can get a is a late 3rd round pick. I don't think you make a move based on what replacement pick you might get. The historical cutoff of starter vs non-starter is about the 4th round, and the end of the 3rd is basically right there. You can trade them now, but it still is not worth losing a good player.

Comment

• charger1993
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Just gonna drop this here, keenan allen posted this to his istagram story saying its on you killa. Taggin mathieu in it
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Mathieu still a good player. But he has had multiple knee injuries now and he is not what he was once. There is a reason why Cards didnt try harder.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                        X