• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Attaochu signs with

49ers. A couple years, a couple million each. Good risk for them. He just never put it together and got outplayed by a street FA in McClain.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Yeah, were in line for a comp pick.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

True...first rounder leaves but isnt it based on salary at new place?

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
        True...first rounder leaves but isnt it based on salary at new place?
        Jerry was 2nd round. And it's just a 1 year prove it deal. But not bad $ for Jerry $5.125

So probably not much in terms of comp pick, if anything

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Geezbolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Sun Valley, ID
          • Send PM

That only leaves Verrett from the 2014 draft.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            Jerry was 2nd round. And it's just a 1 year prove it deal. But not bad $ for Jerry $5.125

So probably not much in terms of comp pick, if anything
            The problem with 1-year prove it deals for guys like Jerry is that they are "prove it or else deals".

I hope it works out for him, but ........

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

So far in free agency their are seventy prove it deals that have been signed. That's huge! The nflpa should be worrying about this trend as the big money is going to fewer and fewer players.
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• RTPbolt
                Charger Fan till the end
                • Jun 2013
                • North Carolina
                • Send PM

It seems like fewer deals to bg names this year. Probably a healthier scenario bt prove it deals lead to more movement too which might be preferred.

interessting that Boston is still on the market. Hopefully we are negotiating sttill as nobody threw big $$ for him early.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

There were a number of "ideal" FA candidates this year. Guys who were in their prime, hitting FA coming off good to career years, and plenty of cap space accumulated after some not so great FA seasons. We go through a cycle like this every couple of years. But most of the players who signed the big contracts will not see the end of their deals, and the teams will be stuck with plenty of dead money and little to show for it.

The big risk is that if some of these guys don't pan out, teams can't even cut them for a year or two. They have so much bonus money that it would cost them money (rather than save) to get rid of them.

Jerry was a good player, and I actually thought giving him a chance to win the OTTO spot would have made sense. Not at $5.1 mill, but ..... He has good pass rush ability but he definitely comes off as a guy who doesn't act like a professional. Eating right, doing all the body maintenance things like icing, massages, and lots of extra lifting and conditioning. If guys want to do the bare minimum, fine, but it is hardly going to make you into a championship caliber guy, and that is what teams want.

SF signed Jerry because he was about the best pass rusher left in FA. Which is to say the only possible choice, since while he has ability, he never is on the field to show it. He also is a good risk for them because he knows the system (they play the same as we do).

I am sure Boston wants a huge deal, but if he hasn't gotten one by now, it isn't coming. I don't know how much more negotiating there is to be done. The Chargers have a method for evaluating what he is worth, I assume they made an offer and now he has to decide whether he can live with it or not. Between Rayshawn Jenkins and the fact that there are good choices in FA and the draft, we want Boston back, but it isn't a big deal if he moves on.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• whookimane
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Never understood why he didnt get playing time but this deal sort of justifies what I felt the whole time. He has real ability and he can play just not sure why our coaches didnt utilize him

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I think Bradley is trying to sort out the players he inherited, and some have proven to not fit. This will be a D heavy draft, and Bradley will get his guys.

Comment

Working...
                        X