• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Budsman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    If his being 6'8" is so overpowering, why have there only been a handful of 6'8" Te in the NFL before? Look at one's stats, and this guy knows how.

HERO Sports is the go-to website for college football analysis and predictions with an emphasis on the FCS and G5.

Levine Toilolo is a 6'8" TE for the Falcons. And while he is not super fast, he is faster than Mailata and can cut some too (living in SC, I see a lot of Falcons games). When he was drafted Falcons fans got all excited he could be the next Tony G. Guy is super athletic and has NFL bloodlines (3 uncles who played in the NFL). He was a 3rd/4th TE for a 2 TE offense, so he does actually play some. He is listed as the 2nd Te for the Lions, although they are on the Eric Ebron replacement search.

I'm not saying he is a football player, just saying there is a huge shortage of athletic OT out there, and this guy is a blank slate to try and develop one. Watching the lateral drill, he has some ability to mirror. He's more athletic then a lot of the UDFA so there is some upside there. It's not worth spending a draft pick on the guy, but if it is worth giving him a couple of thousand dollars in signing bonus.

OT play among college players is really, really falling off. College teams love the spread because so many of them can cut corners teaching technique. The WR and QB actually come out ahead, because they get so many reps running vs air, and that teach them. Pass rushers get more reps, so they get better. Blockers, not so much.
    I would guess that 6'8'' athletic guys are mostly playing basketball in college and not the NFL. NBA pays better and doesnt beat a body up as much.

I get what youre saying I think he could be a good practice squad player and I dont think anyone will poach him for a couple years and by that time we could have built a relationship and maybe called him up. He's definitely a UDFA though. Age, Size and Athleticism do make him intriguing.

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

It sounds like this shortage of quality Offensive Tackles is a trend and not just a one year bump. Teams may have no choice but to invest in some development Tackles. The scouting reports on Offensive Tackles from the fourth round on look pretty bad.....most are going to be moved inside and final observations are summed up: Could develop into solid NFL backup

Guys like Malaita, Chuks Okorafor. Western Michigan .....Desmond Harrison Western Georgia and Brandon Parker Carolina A &T will probably fall into that developmental category and be drafted earlier than expected
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Mailata goes to Eagles in the seventh round

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• RTPbolt
            Charger Fan till the end
            • Jun 2013
            • North Carolina
            • Send PM

Im surprised he was drafted...I figured UDFA for sure as I dont see him playing this year. Good for him though. I hope he develops.

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
              Im surprised he was drafted...I figured UDFA for sure as I dont see him playing this year. Good for him though. I hope he develops.
              I feel the same way

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks continue to recap the 2018 NFL Draft, but kick things off by discussing the retirement of tight end Jason Witten & if he’s a first ballot Hall of Famer (1:52). The guys then reveal sneaky-good draft picks for all 32...

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍