First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

OT - Barrett Green files bounty suit against the Redskins and Gregg Williams

WASHINGTON -- A former NFL player is suing the Washington Redskins, saying his career-ending knee injury resulted from a bounty program in which the team's coaches encouraged players to intentionally injure opponents.

Barrett Green played linebacker for the Detroit Lions and New York Giants between 2000 and 2005. He says a career-ending knee injury during a game on Dec. 5, 2004, was the result of an "unusual, outrageous and an obvious cheap shot."

The lawsuit also names former Redskins player Robert Royal, the player who hit Green, and former assistant coach Gregg Williams.

Green initially filed his lawsuit in May in state court in Maryland. It has since been removed to federal court in Greenbelt, Md.

The Redskins declined to comment on the case.
  • captaind
    Cook This Pork Chops
    • Jun 2013
    • Mars
    • Ball Holder
    • Send PM

If this is the path, when does Merriman sue Jeff Fisher?

Most of these guys end up broke within a few years out of the NFL because they're reckless with money. I don't like where this is going.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Merriman might as well sue Greg Williams
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• Coachmarkos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • SoDak
        • Technology Director
        • Send PM

This is why the NFL cracked down on Williams, and the Saints. Precisely because stuff like this was going to happen.

Said it before because of the concussion issue, but I really wonder what football is going to look like in 20-25 years?
        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• floydefisher
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • siberiacuse, ny
          • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
          If this is the path, when does Merriman sue Jeff Fisher?

Most of these guys end up broke within a few years out of the NFL because they're reckless with money. I don't like where this is going.

Why? If he can prove incentive to injure, don't you think they should be punished?
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X