I thought this was interesting, so I'm sharing (draft related)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

I thought this was interesting, so I'm sharing (draft related)

Couldn't resist the urge to post this little bit of personal information regarding the Cleveland Brown's 4th-round pick in this year's draft, Antonio Calloway, from the University of Florida. Read this little tidbit about him:

"Callaway tested positive for marijuana at the NFL combine. He was also suspended all of last season by the Gators for allegedly using stolen credit card information to fund bookstore accounts, and he was cited in May 2017 for misdemeanor marijuana possession and possession of drug equipment during a traffic stop."

That was *my* credit card information he stole. No joke. I noticed a mysterious $1900.00 charge on my card, reported it to Chase, and had my card cancelled. A couple of weeks later, I was was contacted by the Jacksonville PD. A few weeks after that, by the DA's office in Jacksonville, who had informed me that Calloway was the culprit, and they had officially charged him.
    Last edited by QSmokey; 04-29-2018, 03:50 PM.
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Whoa thats crazy.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
      Back to invisible mode now.
      Phew

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

That's funny.

I had my credit card info stolen. I noticed unknown charges on my bill and called the number on the bill to see what it was for. It was a call in and jack off service. They gave me the phone number the "john" used with my card. I figured the police would have him easy.

The police declined to do anything about it.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Can you sue the jerk? Probably would be worth it. (you don't have to come out of hiding Q... just suggesting)

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...026-story.html

The credit card scandal that led to the suspensions of nine Florida GatorsCallaway, for example, added $1,970 to his account on July 16. The next day, he purchased a 13-inch MacBook Pro and gloss black Beats headphones, per a UFPD incident report.

Meanwhile, Smith and Telfort used the stolen cards extensively. Charges against the two still are pending, Cervone said.
            Last edited by Bolt-O; 04-29-2018, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              Can you sue the jerk? Probably would be worth it. (you don't have to come out of hiding Q... just suggesting)
              It was a few $50 or so charges. The credit card company just wrote it off and sent me a new card.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Bolt-O commented
                Editing a comment
                I was commenting to Q, but I'm glad you probably didn't have to explain the charge to someone that might "bobbit."
            • QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

$1970.00...that was the exact amount.

"Star receiver Antonio Callaway and six others have agreed to enter a pretrial intervention program that would lead to the dismissal of third-degree felony credit card fraud charges for each."

I was asked if I wanted to pursue this any further; I declined. When the DA said there was a state-sponsored intervention program available for young guys (first offenders) to help them get their lives back on track, I was all for it.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Bolt-O commented
                Editing a comment
                To be honest, I probably might not have let him off as easily. Something like that at a service academy could have resulted in time in the brig, as well as losing the appointment and being busted down to e-1. I know that these student-athletes have a lot of financial pressure as they are restricted in finding a part-time job, but some of them have some real expensive ink too. Anyway, you are very decent in not pushing the case.

• Mister Hoarse
                Mister Hoarse commented
                Editing a comment
                If he had purchased $1970 worth of dog food, you would never have found the discrepancy.
            • onelazyfock
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Do you know how they got your information?

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by onelazyfock View Post
                Do you know how they got your information?
                I was told off the "Dark Web". There was a ringleader, of sorts, who acquired the info, and he sold the credit card numbers to Calloway and the others. Several people, in fact, from the city I live in (Carlsbad, CA) were affected, but none of their names were familiar to me.
                Last edited by QSmokey; 04-30-2018, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Charged4Life
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                  $1970.00...that was the exact amount.

"Star receiver Antonio Callaway and six others have agreed to enter a pretrial intervention program that would lead to the dismissal of third-degree felony credit card fraud charges for each."

I was asked if I wanted to pursue this any further; I declined. When the DA said there was a state-sponsored intervention program available for young guys (first offenders) to help them get their lives back on track, I was all for it.
                  I admire that, Q. I say you did a noble thing in the face of tough times for yourself obviously. It's a violation when stuff like this happens and it shook me up pretty good when it happened to me (of course my bank thought I may have been colluding with the thief....fucking crazy). Good for you, Q for not acting out of extreme anger. Because that's sure how I felt about my incident.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

well, at least he was buying books with it.....

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍