• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darth Sergious
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Brian Cushing?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/here-are-potential-landing-spots-for-dez-bryant-and-the-best-remaining-nfl-free-agents/

Brian Cushing
    (LB)

Three teams that should target him: Patriots, Chargers, Seahawks

After Dont'a Hightower was lost for the season last October, the Patriots linebacking corps never really recovered. Although the 28-year-old Hightower is expected to be healthy for 2018, it probably wouldn't be a horrible idea for the Patriots to bring in some veteran insurance at the position. Hightower has had a tough time staying healthy over the past few years, missing a total of 22 games since 2014. Of course, you could also argue that adding an equally injury-prone linebacker might not be the answer and I don't think I would disagree with that.

If there's one team out there that could use some veteran linebacker depth at a relatively cheap price, it's the Chargers, which is why Cushing in Los Angeles could make some sense. If you look at the Chargers defense, their secondary and their defensive line are both stacked. As you may have noticed, the one unit that's not listed as being stacked is the team's linebackers. The Chargers should use the second-wave of free agency to beef up their depth at the position.

On the Seahawks' end, Cushing met with them in March and he's highly familiar with coach Pete Carroll, who coached him at USC. The one thing that could keep that Carroll-Cushing reunion from happening, though, is the fact that the Seahawks selected two linebackers in the draft. Although Seahawks roster seems to have a ton of holes -- I mean, we've listed them as a possibility for almost every free agent -- adding Cushing wouldn't be a pressing need.

Other linebackers still available in free agency: Tamba Hali, Lawrence Timmons, Junior Galette, Connor Barwin, NaVorro Bowman.
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

No.
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
      No.
      It would provide a little... cushion.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
        Gwynning_Spirit commented
        Editing a comment
        more cushing for the pushing
    • Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

How old is this roid freak?

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        Hey! I take offense to that!

Sincerely,

Shawne Merriman

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• charger1993
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Despite his steroid usage, it wouldnt be a bad idea to bring him in on a vet minimum, if his attuitude rubbed off on our young core "minus the steroids" we would hVe a team who isnt afriad to knock someones head off. And play 110 percent. I wouldnt sign him for nomorw than 1 year vet min tho

Comment

• pigskin
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Southern Oregon
              • Send PM

The one guy on that list that I would mind kicking the tires on would be Conner Barwin. Insurance if it take a while for the rookie to learn and you can never have enough pass rush.

Comment

• bonehead
                Undrafted
                • Jul 2013
                • TBD
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

Despite his steroid usage, it wouldnt be a bad idea to bring him in on a vet minimum, if his attuitude rubbed off on our young core "minus the steroids" we would hVe a team who isnt afriad to knock someones head off. And play 110 percent. I wouldnt sign him for nomorw than 1 year vet min tho
                Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• charger1993
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Id be 100 percent ok with that. I juar feel like we have so many young players. And no true veteran to teach them or light that fire in them, to not be afraid to play hard nose football. Theres no denying cushing played with passion just like timmons. I mean with our current linebackers, they could definitely benefit from a veteran leader. No one seems to jump out and are willing to just hit someone with no regard

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

Id be 100 percent ok with that. I juar feel like we have so many young players. And no true veteran to teach them or light that fire in them, to not be afraid to play hard nose football. Theres no denying cushing played with passion just like timmons. I mean with our current linebackers, they could definitely benefit from a veteran leader. No one seems to jump out and are willing to just hit someone with no regard

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                      X