• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

See ya Fouts

Barely a week after Dan Fouts told a San Diego radio showLaDainian Tomlinson, another Chargersand the National Football LeagueNick Hardwick, who recently resigned
    Hashtag thepowderblues
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Jeremiah is a good choice for the radio color, he's pretty balanced. I'm not to sure about LT though, he seems better for a studio role, and is hard to understand when he's excited.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Daniel Jeremiah is a great choice - looking forward to the broadcasts.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Have we hit bottom yet?
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I love LT. But he is hard to understand all the time. Not every great player or great person makes a great broadcaster.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Rugger05
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            Jeremiah is a good choice for the radio color, he's pretty balanced. I'm not to sure about LT though, he seems better for a studio role, and is hard to understand when he's excited.
            Excited for Jeremiah to join the broadcast. Even though I consider myself old I have never listened to any game via the radio so it won't matter for me.

I concur that LT isn't the best choice either

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Bolt-O commented
              Editing a comment
              For Charger games on TV, I usually turn down the audio and listen to radio gamecast. For one, the radio team knows more about the team than the 'neutral' TV teams (except when Fouts is the analyst). The other reason is that you get more information sooner about sideline issues such as injuries via the radio broadcast. However, there are some negatives. The issue with familiarity is that the radio team has a rooting interest in the team, so they can sound biased. Not so much for the Chargers recently, but some fan bases expect that... listen to a Raider broadcast for a huge extreme example. Another issue is technical... the TV usually lags the radio, so if you don't fix that, you will know what happens in a play before the snap. I'm ok with it, because then I can more quickly evaluate the play.

• MasterOfPuppets
              MasterOfPuppets commented
              Editing a comment
              Last time I tried that (watching on TV but listening on the radio) they weren't sync'd
          • RTPbolt
            Charger Fan till the end
            • Jun 2013
            • North Carolina
            • Send PM

I liked Fouts as a host...I get what he means...he never was a LA Charger and never will be...its just a fact. I think it may have been taken out of context. Hes still an all time favorite of mine and I would prefer him in the role as he is a good announcer.

Comment

• Charged4Life
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
              I liked Fouts as a host...I get what he means...he never was a LA Charger and never will be...its just a fact. I think it may have been taken out of context. Hes still an all time favorite of mine and I would prefer him in the role as he is a good announcer.
              Yeah, I'm glad he said it. Because as a player he faced Los Angeles based football teams. So why in the world would he identify as one. It makes a lot of sense what he stated actually.

Comment

• TheDeafBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Gale Gilbert will also join the crew.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

I'm fine with the whole thing. Fouts can say what he wants. The organization can do what they want.

As far as LT goes... well, I'm willing to him a chance. When it's hometeam announcers, they are usually just blowing smoke about this guy or that guy anyway... not going to get much in the way of analysis in a preseason game.

I do enjoy Fouts's games on CBS though. Probably my favorite of their color guys. (I do fully admit that I'm biased.)
                  "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    oneinchpunch commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fouts can also be kind of a a jerk. One of my favorite players but interactions I've had have not always been great.
                • TheDeafBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Fouts special guest at birthday parties sometimes. He badmouths Todd Philcox saying he is a bad QB but Philcox is amazing and a star if you ask me.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    I love LT. But he is hard to understand all the time. Not every great player or great person makes a great broadcaster.

TG
                    Wait for the dead cat bounce...
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                    X