• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

And Ekeler is in the wing waiting for his time as #1 rb.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

didn't he play all year last year without problems from that procedure? When successful, that procedure grows a new layer of hard cartilage covering the bone in the joint and leaves it stronger than before the procedure.
      Agree. That surgery imo isn't a factor. The average RB life in the NFL lasts three years or so without microfracture surgery. He had one more season to show he is worthy of a big deal. He has done pretty decent with a below decent OL.

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        And Ekeler is in the wing waiting for his time as #1 rb.
        all comments I've seen about him indicate the team sees Ekeler as a change of pace back, home run threat running and catching. Never seen any indication he is viewed as eventual "starter".
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Formula 21
          Formula 21 commented
          Editing a comment
          With the same OL, Ekeler has shown far more ability to break past the LOS than MG III has. I view Gordon as a “volume” back who get his yardage through lots of short runs. I see Ekeler as much more explosive and able to break the longer runs and get his yardage that way. I’d love to see Ekeler get more time on 1st and 2nd downs.

And either way, I’m not happy with what I saw from the OL in the 1st game.

• Charged4Life
          Charged4Life commented
          Editing a comment
          F21 has it right. Ekeler could do more when the blocking isn't so great than Gordon. Probably because Ekeler has better instincts and initial explosiveness than Gordon. At least he shows me that. Gordon is too hesitant too many times. Too slow at the gate if you will. I hope he improves and reaches that next level though.
      • Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I am a firm believer that if you have an above average line, RB is the easiest roster spot to fill.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
          Bearded14YourPleasure commented
          Editing a comment
          When was the last time we had an above average line?

• Panamamike
          Panamamike commented
          Editing a comment
          1) that is my point. In a salary cap league don't spend a fortune on the RB position. Build the line. I view RB as a meat grinder position.
          2) i firmly believe we will have an above average oline this season and this will be the catalyst, in combination with a top 5 scoring D, to a Superbowl victory.
          3) the answer to your question is 14-2. Unfortunately we didn't recover from 2 key premature retirements on the oline following that. Wasn't for a lack of spending, although i believe the best lines are built in House via the draft.
          Last edited by Panamamike; 08-14-2018, 11:05 PM.
      • charger1993
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

While i love gordon. Theres no way in 2020 im paying him more or equal to todd gurley or leveon bell or zeke. Im sorry im just not i rather trade him the year before, i mean ges a good back but he isnt gonna be worth 15 to 20 mill a year. I rather see what ekler and neesome could do

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Here is what kills me about Melvin and I saw it again as recently as the Seahawk game on a safety valve pass...I have NEVER seen a rb get tripped up in the open field from behind as much as him. So many times he has a wide open field but the last defender gets a finger on his heel and down he goes. It is not because he is not physical. Must be a balance and acceleration thing?

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• richpjr
            richpjr commented
            Editing a comment
            I think it's a balance thing due to his long stride.
        • RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

Gordon behind a good line would be incredibly good. He isnt the type to make holes but give him a hole and he can make the second level defenders miss. He is a fighter type that i do think has good balance to stay up but foot tackles are his achilles. Watch him in college and he was ridiculous against very good defenses but he had a good line blocking. Weve just had horse manure run blocking and he started out getting dinged up. With Pouncey and hopefully Lamp on the line we might just develop an above avg run blocking line. Keep the line healthy and gelling together and he could have a top 5 rb season easily...maybe even lead the league type season.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍