• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    I believe that Geno is easily fooled by the defense which leads to many of his picks. Defenders are not where he expects them to be.
    I think he was a victim of having a young TE jace amaro (out of league before rookie deal expired)playing for a paycheck and soon to be outta the league Santonio Holmes, jericho Cothery and rookie Kerley. Seriously joe namath would have been hard pressed to shine that shit.

They added Marshall and Decker and upgraded skill positions the year he got sucker punched. He really never got to play with much talent year 1 and 2 and that is hard on a rookie IMO.

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Ok Geno showed much better this game. He is obviously the number two. If he can show this sort of consistancy with the 1s and 2s through preseason I think we may not have to worry about backup qb.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

After a successful first quarter by Philip Rivers, all eyes turned to Geno Smith at the beginning of the second as he took the field Saturday night against the Seattle Seahawks.

Last week, Smith showcased his skills, going 14-for-23 with 218 passing yards, a touchdown and a QB rating of 88.7. He also held the most passing yards for an NFL QB that week.

He came out even stronger on Saturday, going 6-for-8, including a beautiful high-arching pass to find Mike Williams in the end zone. Smith ended the night with a QB rating of 148.4.

Tough to beat that.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Smith did show better this game. He moved in the pocket better, made better throws and decisions, and made something happen when he scrambled. He is looking like the clear #2.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• RTPbolt
            Charger Fan till the end
            • Jun 2013
            • North Carolina
            • Send PM

Ive been rooting for Jones but I think he is more of a project still. Geno is just more experienced and it shows. Im still for keeping Jones as a 3...he may keep developing yet. Geno so far is the 2 and in a pinch could do ok (better than our past clipboard geniuses. At least he has legs and isnt pulling bonehead throws yet.

Comment

• richpjr
              richpjr commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm about done with Jones. I just don't see any improvement from him. I get why they love his physical skill set but he is a long way from even being a legitimate backup.
          • Joy Division
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Cardale Jones 6'5" 250...we could use a healthy TE.

Comment

• floydefisher
              floydefisher commented
              Editing a comment
              Or maybe he's the second coming of Peyton Manning?
          Working...
          X