• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rugger05
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Quick thoughts on the Chargers victory against the Bills

While I wish the offense would of played better in the second half, it was nice going across country and getting a win.

I cannot believe James lasted until the 17th pick. He fits the Chargers defense perfectly and already has 3 sacks this season. He had another PBU and was making tackles all over the field. He will be a fun toy for Bradley to deploy as the season moves along. As I am typing this James is coming off the field with the trainer. Doesn't look serious

Not be outdone Kyzir White was all over the field and had a great INT. He has the makings of a special player also. Nwosu got a sack and Jones made some decent plays at the DT position. I really think the Chargers got solid players in the first four rounds of this year draft.

The offense was humming the first half. Mike Williams had his first TD, Gordon added two other TD's and they seemed like they couldn't be stopped. Ekeler was balling and the Chargers could do anything they wanted. Then the second half started and they Chargers got 6 yards of total offense in the 3rd quarter. Not sure what changed but it was concerning not seeing the Chargers put a dagger in them early.

Nothing major happened on special teams. Not sure why you carry a field goal kicker if you can't trust him to make a 51 yard FG. That was a tad concerning IMO. Not sure what the hell that call was on the Bills punt, but it was horrible. All in all the refs sucked for both teams this game.

Looks like no major injuries which is a plus. Now it's time for the LA Bowl against the Lambs next week
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

A win over a bad team is still a win. No big injuries that we know of and still wont have Bosa for the Rams game. Either way we are at home lol. No doubt there will be more Rams fans than Chargers fans....so really another road game as they all are.

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

Won a game we should have won.

KC loss was against a tougher team than i expected given their turnover of personel. Mahomes is playing clean ball....not a lot of mistakes. I hand it to him going away 2 games and playing like he has. Hopefully Pitt pulls a rabit out of their collective asses but looks like a KC win.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

When defenses figure Mahomes out they might struggle because their defense stinks

Comment

• Rugger05
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          A win over a bad team is still a win. No big injuries that we know of and still wont have Bosa for the Rams game. Either way we are at home lol. No doubt there will be more Rams fans than Chargers fans....so really another road game as they all are.
          Game is at the Rams

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Is J. Brown finally getting it? That would be swell.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Ill fucking take it. 2nd half offense was very sketchy. My god we could use Bosa. He just makes everyone better. The youngsters look really good.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                Ill fucking take it. 2nd half offense was very sketchy. My god we could use Bosa. He just makes everyone better. The youngsters look really good.
                The youngsters are all fantastic.

The offense was honestly "run the clock". Nothing to worry about. Adding Bosa to these guys is going to make a huge difference.
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Also, nice to know KC is that legit, cuz like the team says, we can take these guys (if we stop gifting them points).

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post

The youngsters are all fantastic.

The offense was honestly "run the clock". Nothing to worry about. Adding Bosa to these guys is going to make a huge difference.
                    Nwosu needs to be on the field more. Dude makes impact plays.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                      Charger Fan till the end
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Carolina
                      • Send PM

We need all men on deck next week. We beat Philly last year...we can beat the Rams. Bummer on bosa but we can still generate pressure.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Irmo, SC
                        • Send PM

All the rookies looked good. Including myself. This was my 1st Game Day Thread on this board & our 1st Victory of the season. These facts can not & SHOULD not be overlooked. I was a little dinged up in the 2nd Half due to finishing off an entire pot of chili in less than 24 hours so I do apologize for my lackluster effort. However, the alarm is set for the gym in the morning so I will make adjustments & be ready for next week.

Comment

Working...
                        X