• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Rams Week

Huge game. No question. No Bosa really hurts us on D. This is a great team we are playing. I dont buy the fight for LA BS. Just a stupid Spanos media spinner. But i do believe our players fight for each other in the face of so much hatred from former fans and the media. As well as other teams fans. Nobody gives us a shot this week. And i think we play better that way. I hope our guys can feel the doubt all across the board and fight. You know i just want to compete against these guys. They are the crown jewel in LA. There is no denying it. From a football standpoint. Raiders are not there. So they dont matter. We are the little bitches. The tennants like they call us. I dont mind the David vs Goliath role.

I love Rams fans. They are a testy bunch. And for good reason...they have fielded a bunch of great teams in the past. The only time we have ever had other teams fans sign up here to talk smack was the last time we played them in a regular season game. That was a lot of fun. There was a lot of shade being thrown on both sides. And course we had no chance. But thats what fans typically think right? It was nice to get the win that year. It was nice for them to stick around and admit the better team won that week. Cheers to Rams fans and heres to a good fight. I hope both teams can come out of this with health in tact.

This is a really good Rams team though. Much better team than the last time we played them. The trenches are where games are won and lost. And we better have our A game or it will be tough. These guys are solid in the trenches no question. I know most think we were shut down last week by the Bills in the 2nd half. I tend to think we came out and abandoned our script in the 2nd half. Just to keep less of our playbook off the film. McVay and Wade are extremely smart coaches. Lets hope we can rise to the challenge. We will attempt to do things nobody has seen thats for sure.

Rivers will have to do his thing. He will really have to make good calls at the line on every snap. We all know Peters owns him. But Rivers has seen this Wade D a lot. Praciticed against it a lot. He may know this D and its tendancies from a scheme POV more than any other style of D. This will be all about his adjustments. And what he does at the line is one of the main reasons why many in the league consider him a probable Hall Of Famer. Keenan, Tyrelll, Mike Will, Benjamin taking the top off. Mix in Gordon and Ekeler in the passing game. I think we are in pass mode this game. Underneath stuff. Misdirection. Confusion. Or at least attempting to do that. There is no question we have playmakers on offense. This OL is in for the fight of their lives. Lets hope Rivers can compensate. He has doen it routinely throughout his career. Especially the last few years. Always under pressure.

Just one of those games where im hoping on Defense we are opportunistic. We have done well to start the season against the run but Gurley is a beast. Tempering expectations from us there. I think that offense is a lot like ours...teams can try and shut down one part of it but then they can adjust and kill you in so many other ways. There is no question they will try to expose our youth. James, White, Nwosu etc. But the speed and all out abandonment could help us in a game like this. I just feel like we are such underdogs that we have nothing to fucking lose. Just fucking swing at these motherfuckers. Lets fight.

The interior DL of the Rams is obviously the best in the league. They have the best D in the league period. I fucking love that. I love that challenge. I want the best. I want to beat the best. Its what we need as a team. There is no fear here. We are what we are. A team loaded with talented players still trying to figure out how to beat a team in all 3 phases to earn a win. We win a lot of our games without crushing teams. Without winning all 3 phases. We get lucky at times. Them not having Zeurlein could be an underrated absence in all honestly. lol Just a kicker i know. But he puts up like 30 points a week. lol.

To beat the Rams we will need to do everything better than we have. I think our players will come out fighting. They know we are underdogs by a lot. They know Rams fans think they suck. They know Rams fans think whats left of us fans are a joke. This team needs to fight for us. And i think they will.

I just want to compete man. Ive been waiting for this game for a while now. Its not about the Rams fans. Its not about fighting for LA. Its about turning the page as a team. Beating a team we are not supposed to beat.

Cheers to all of us here at TPB and cheers to Rams fans across the nation.

• La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

I am happy with the fact that game prep can continue right through Saturday. We don't have to hop on a plane and fly across the country or none of that BS. I am hoping this will be a game that still has meaning come the 4th quarter. Unless of course we lead by 30 by that time.

Bring it......let's punch them in the nose and let's see what they've got. CMON SUNDAY!!!

Comment

• Maverick
      (Coryellian)
      • Jun 2013
      • Point Loma
      • Send PM

OK, I'll admit it---I am super-conflicted about this weekend's game.....& likely only Fleet & oip know why.

Even though I grew up in Texas, I was obsessed with the West Coast & ended up loving both the Chargers & the Rams (although I stopped following the Rams when they moved to St.Louis). With the Rams finally having moved back to LA, I may be the only dual-fanship (Chargers/Rams) poster here on this board. I realize this admission could potentially get me kicked out of here, but I had to come clean, lol.

I am actually going to the game, but I won't be rooting against either team....in other words, I am just going with the hopes of seeing a good game involving my 2 favorite players in the league (PR & Gurley). For possibly the first time ever, I may actually be hoping for a tie, which I realize is almost blasphemous.

Makes for a potentially miserable experience either way, but I am lucky that they don't play each other very often.

Please forgive me.......

Comment

• BlazingBolt
        SLAM DUNK!
        • Jun 2013
        • East County San Diego
        • Bolt fanatic
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
        OK, I'll admit it---I am super-conflicted about this weekend's game.....& likely only Fleet & oip know why.

Even though I grew up in Texas, I was obsessed with the West Coast & ended up loving both the Chargers & the Rams (although I stopped following the Rams when they moved to St.Louis). With the Rams finally having moved back to LA, I may be the only dual-fanship (Chargers/Rams) poster here on this board. I realize this admission could potentially get me kicked out of here, but I had to come clean, lol.

I am actually going to the game, but I won't be rooting against either team....in other words, I am just going with the hopes of seeing a good game involving my 2 favorite players in the league (PR & Gurley). For possibly the first time ever, I may actually be hoping for a tie, which I realize is almost blasphemous.

Makes for a potentially miserable experience either way, but I am lucky that they don't play each other very often.

Please forgive me.......
        Hoping you have this problem in the super bowl. Cheers
        migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Rugger05
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I do believe the Rams have a tremendous D, but I believe their weakness is on the outside of their DL. This a game where the signing of Pouncey will pay dividends going up against Suh & Danold. It's really too bad Lamp isn't healthy because this type of game is where he is needed. It should be a great chess match all the way around. Can't wait to watch

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I always liked the LA Rams, too. Some great defenses. Fred Dryer, the Youngbloods. Lawrence McCutcheon is probably my all time favorite Ram

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Man i used to pretend i was Youngblood in the 70s. Playing football in the living room with my brothers and friends. They had to run past me and dive into the pile of pillows. I had my little Rams jersey. I would literally "Jack" guys up. lol

You know in the 70s....the only youth toy football uniforms we could buy were the Rams and Cowboys. I liked the Rams colors better. So ive always kind of liked the Rams. I dont really dedicate my energy to any other teams. But the Saints became a team i liked a lot when Brees went there.

I have to admit though. When the rams came back to So Cal i felt like i had an NFC team. Then the whole fight for LA bs. Just felt so lame from Spanos.

I am absolutely rooting for my Chargers over the Rams. But will also be pulling for the Rams in the NFC.

Comment

• Maverick
                (Coryellian)
                • Jun 2013
                • Point Loma
                • Send PM

McCutcheon was my favorite as well, TG.

Comment

• SDFan
                  Woober Goober
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Dolores, CO
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post

Please forgive me.......
                  Sounds like a perfect opportunity for you and the wife to wear those matching Bullfrog Green jumpsuits :lol:
                  Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

What Rams player are we going to beat down so much that he retires at halftime?
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Ditto McCutcheon.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018