• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TPB View Post
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
      Dealing with Gurley in the passing game is going to be a challenge but I think Derwin & Kyzir are going to be tasked to do just that. Derwin may have to play a little more FS in passing downs with the speed at WR the Shams have. Here a good article on Kyzir explaining how he can do that with his skill set. All right expect the position at WV he played is called the SPUR not star.
      Kyzir White brings ball skills to Chargers linebacker group

4 Chalk one up for the rookie.

By Michael Peterson@ZoneTracks Sep 19, 2018, 9:00am PDT
      SHARE Mark Konezny-USA TODAY Sports
      In the ChargersBuffalo Bills, safety-turned-linebacker Kyzir White walked away with the second-highest game grade on the entire team with an 86.7. The grade was good for fourth among all linebackers across the league while his coverage grade of 90.5 was second-best among his position group.

For those that forgot, WhiteArizona CardinalsDenzel PerrymanJatavis BrownHayes Pullard
      I loved this podcast after we took White. Give it a listen. His coach opens up about his potential. And we are using him exactly the way he expected.

​​​​​​https://www.chargers.com/audio/dana-...icki-jh-165856

Comment

• FrantikRam
        LA Rams fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TPB View Post
        Huge game. No question. No Bosa really hurts us on D. This is a great team we are playing. I dont buy the fight for LA BS. Just a stupid Spanos media spinner. But i do believe our players fight for each other in the face of so much hatred from former fans and the media. As well as other teams fans. Nobody gives us a shot this week. And i think we play better that way. I hope our guys can feel the doubt all across the board and fight. You know i just want to compete against these guys. They are the crown jewel in LA. There is no denying it. From a football standpoint. Raiders are not there. So they dont matter. We are the little bitches. The tennants like they call us. I dont mind the David vs Goliath role.

I love Rams fans. They are a testy bunch. And for good reason...they have fielded a bunch of great teams in the past. The only time we have ever had other teams fans sign up here to talk smack was the last time we played them in a regular season game. That was a lot of fun. There was a lot of shade being thrown on both sides. And course we had no chance. But thats what fans typically think right? It was nice to get the win that year. It was nice for them to stick around and admit the better team won that week. Cheers to Rams fans and heres to a good fight. I hope both teams can come out of this with health in tact.

This is a really good Rams team though. Much better team than the last time we played them. The trenches are where games are won and lost. And we better have our A game or it will be tough. These guys are solid in the trenches no question. I know most think we were shut down last week by the Bills in the 2nd half. I tend to think we came out and abandoned our script in the 2nd half. Just to keep less of our playbook off the film. McVay and Wade are extremely smart coaches. Lets hope we can rise to the challenge. We will attempt to do things nobody has seen thats for sure.

Rivers will have to do his thing. He will really have to make good calls at the line on every snap. We all know Peters owns him. But Rivers has seen this Wade D a lot. Praciticed against it a lot. He may know this D and its tendancies from a scheme POV more than any other style of D. This will be all about his adjustments. And what he does at the line is one of the main reasons why many in the league consider him a probable Hall Of Famer. Keenan, Tyrelll, Mike Will, Benjamin taking the top off. Mix in Gordon and Ekeler in the passing game. I think we are in pass mode this game. Underneath stuff. Misdirection. Confusion. Or at least attempting to do that. There is no question we have playmakers on offense. This OL is in for the fight of their lives. Lets hope Rivers can compensate. He has doen it routinely throughout his career. Especially the last few years. Always under pressure.

Just one of those games where im hoping on Defense we are opportunistic. We have done well to start the season against the run but Gurley is a beast. Tempering expectations from us there. I think that offense is a lot like ours...teams can try and shut down one part of it but then they can adjust and kill you in so many other ways. There is no question they will try to expose our youth. James, White, Nwosu etc. But the speed and all out abandonment could help us in a game like this. I just feel like we are such underdogs that we have nothing to fucking lose. Just fucking swing at these motherfuckers. Lets fight.

The interior DL of the Rams is obviously the best in the league. They have the best D in the league period. I fucking love that. I love that challenge. I want the best. I want to beat the best. Its what we need as a team. There is no fear here. We are what we are. A team loaded with talented players still trying to figure out how to beat a team in all 3 phases to earn a win. We win a lot of our games without crushing teams. Without winning all 3 phases. We get lucky at times. Them not having Zeurlein could be an underrated absence in all honestly. lol Just a kicker i know. But he puts up like 30 points a week. lol.

To beat the Rams we will need to do everything better than we have. I think our players will come out fighting. They know we are underdogs by a lot. They know Rams fans think they suck. They know Rams fans think whats left of us fans are a joke. This team needs to fight for us. And i think they will.

I just want to compete man. Ive been waiting for this game for a while now. Its not about the Rams fans. Its not about fighting for LA. Its about turning the page as a team. Beating a team we are not supposed to beat.

Cheers to all of us here at TPB and cheers to Rams fans across the nation.

Hey, Rams fan here. Reading your forum and thought I would create an account.

So, at least this Rams fan does NOT think the Chargers suck, at all. I was very high on them coming into the season, and despite what Mahomes is doing, I still think the Chargers win the AFC West.

This Chargers team reminds me of the Atlanta team we lost to in the playoffs last year - good QB, good skill players, solid OL - but one we should be able to exploit - and a fast, underrated defense that I feel like we should be able to beat. What's scary is - that's EXACTLY how I felt before the playoff game. The other scary thing? We were 7 point favorites. I have a great sense of deja vu here and would not at all be surprised to lose this game.

I don't mean this disrespectfully - but I feel the Rams are more talented and should win. But then I feel like we're the most talented team in the NFL, so that's no knock on the Chargers. I've always liked them - well, after I got over that LT stiff arm on Atogwe..

No matter what happens here I'll be rooting for the Chargers this year in the AFC. As for the game itself, we're still going to be without Mark Barron - the Raiders threw for 300 yards on us and only 50 to WRs - so despite having probably the best starting/nickel CBs in the NFL, I expect the Chargers to continue to throw to Gordon and Ekeler with some success. I know Gordon hasn't had much success running the ball this year, and our front should continue that, but I expect the Chargers to follow the Falcons blue print from last year and still try to pound the ball. If Rivers converts the 3rd and manageable situations, we'll get into trouble.

Defensively, man this would be a tougher test of Bosa was healthy. I would expect the Chargers to blitz, because pressure is the best (and maybe only) way to disrupt this offense. The speed of your two rookie defenders will be the x factors - their speed will be instrumental in helping contain Gurley. Overall I expect a good game.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FrantikRam View Post

So, at least this Rams fan does NOT think the Chargers suck, at all. I was very high on them coming into the season, and despite what Mahomes is doing, I still think the Chargers win the AFC West.

This Chargers team reminds me of the Atlanta team we lost to in the playoffs last year - good QB, good skill players, solid OL - but one we should be able to exploit - and a fast, underrated defense that I feel like we should be able to beat. What's scary is - that's EXACTLY how I felt before the playoff game. The other scary thing? We were 7 point favorites. I have a great sense of deja vu here and would not at all be surprised to lose this game.

I don't mean this disrespectfully - but I feel the Rams are more talented and should win. But then I feel like we're the most talented team in the NFL, so that's no knock on the Chargers. I've always liked them - well, after I got over that LT stiff arm on Atogwe..

No matter what happens here I'll be rooting for the Chargers this year in the AFC. As for the game itself, we're still going to be without Mark Barron - the Raiders threw for 300 yards on us and only 50 to WRs - so despite having probably the best starting/nickel CBs in the NFL, I expect the Chargers to continue to throw to Gordon and Ekeler with some success. I know Gordon hasn't had much success running the ball this year, and our front should continue that, but I expect the Chargers to follow the Falcons blue print from last year and still try to pound the ball. If Rivers converts the 3rd and manageable situations, we'll get into trouble.

Defensively, man this would be a tougher test of Bosa was healthy. I would expect the Chargers to blitz, because pressure is the best (and maybe only) way to disrupt this offense. The speed of your two rookie defenders will be the x factors - their speed will be instrumental in helping contain Gurley. Overall I expect a good game.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• JRobinson
            LA Rams Faithful
            • Sep 2018
            • Minor League Umpire
            • Send PM

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by FrantikRam View Post

Welcome to our forum man. I wish you guys nothing but the best of luck this season. Im hoping we come out fighting. Rivers does surprising well in games with a spread similar to this one. Not that it means anything. But its a huge game and will be very telling for both teams. Its still hard to get gauge on our D because of what Bosa does for us. He simply makes everyone around him a better player.

Cheers to you Rams fans and heres to a game with hopefully no injuries to either team. You guys have made a lot of really spot on moves.

Chers.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Welcome to the forum man. The only thing i can predict based on recent memory in games like this is that Rivers will show up. We have a few weapons on offense. Thats our best trait at this point. We will need 5 or 6 rookies/sophomores to step up on defense. Thats a tall challenge when you have a coach as smart as you guys do.

Should be fun though man. Good luck to you guys.

Comment

If we had Lamp, Henry, and Bosa in there, I'd feel a lot better about our chances. I remember wondering this off-season how the hell the Rams were able to get all these stars within a salary cap, but they pulled it off and seem to be doing well. Obviously, I hope we do well, I just don't see us winning this one - especially without a pass rush.

Comment

• Chargers Boltman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Cool rams fans in the house. Hey good luck this week.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Rams fans are good people. Always have been.

The reason the Rams can afford all the talent they added is because Goff is playing very well and playing on his rookie contract. Even as high as he was picked (he was #1 overall?) he is not getting paid like Stafford, Rivers, Rodgers, Roethesbruger, etc. This formula worked well for Seattle, too. But eventually, Goff has to sign his next contract. And then you have to make some tough choices. Too many superstars on this roster for the Rams to keep them all.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X