• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

It was ok, but the Charger haters were bleeding into the regular discussion. If you re-open, I think it may be not as bad as it was, but some of those guys are long gone.
    No they are gone. I have former fans in another group anyways. To keep the 2 forums separate. I had to put them in a group that kept them in the Legacy forum. To keep the peace.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      Well the Padres are terrible and probably why it is dead. They are pretty much a AAA team at this point. And the two big money guys arent playing well either. Three years away from competing.
      I disagree. I think they're a 4A team. Better than 3A but not good enough to be pros.

And three years from now will be the same as today as the Pads trade away their talent as soon as it has value.

I was a big Pads fan, but gave up on them completely a few years ago.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I disagree. I think they're a 4A team. Better than 3A but not good enough to be pros.

And three years from now will be the same as today as the Pads trade away their talent as soon as it has value.

I was a big Pads fan, but gave up on them completely a few years ago.
        Well new ownership says they aren't going to do that so we'll see.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

We have a bunch of studs in the farm. But wasnt Margot, Hedges and Renfro supposed to be those studs a few years ago? Doesnt matter how cant miss they are in the minors because they get to the big league team and suck.

Comment

• Rugger05
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TPB View Post
            We have a bunch of studs in the farm. But wasnt Margot, Hedges and Renfro supposed to be those studs a few years ago? Doesnt matter how cant miss they are in the minors because they get to the big league team and suck.
            They were good prospects but not "studs". I read somewhere the Padres currently have 8 players in the top 100, with 3 in the top 10 according to Keith Law's rankings. 1. Tatis Jr. SS 5. Francisco Mejia C & 6. MacKenzie Gore P. I agree prospects are prospects for a reason, but their farm system is loaded and could actually pay dividends in a couple of years

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post

They were good prospects but not "studs". I read somewhere the Padres currently have 8 players in the top 100, with 3 in the top 10 according to Keith Law's rankings. 1. Tatis Jr. SS 5. Francisco Mejia C & 6. MacKenzie Gore P. I agree prospects are prospects for a reason, but their farm system is loaded and could actually pay dividends in a couple of years
              I hope so man. Mejia came out firing and then tanked. Im concerned our staff at the big league level makes players worse. lol

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

.005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
                .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
                .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
                .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
                .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
                .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
                .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
                .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
                .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Depends on how you look at it. I see them as trying to keep fans from hating on San Diego for letting them go, and saying, we are still here. Nothing wrong with that.
                  I don't like any LA teams except for the Chargers now. Screw the Lakers, Dodgers, Angels, Rams, Kings. I have a slight soft spot for the Clippers but I don't care about the NBA.
                  I don't have a favorite college football team so therefore I've got no attachment to USC or UCLA either. Never been a big Aztec fan.

Hopefully this new owners for the Padres is good in their word and not trading the good prospects, but some will have to go. The ones they feel won't make it. That's why you keep stockpiling, cause some won't make it.
                  Wouldn't surprise me if they trade Myers though he's always hurt and he is only been able to hit 250. Missed half or more of this season.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-20-2018, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• RobH
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Tokyo, Japan
                    • University English Lecturer
                    • Send PM

Seigler is the Padres majority owner. He's a billionaire. He's also an O'Malley and grew up in the Dodgers org when they had the amazing farm systems. He's well steeped in what it takes to make a winning MLB team. He's totally hands off and appointed Fowler, a minority owner as CEO. But make no mistake, this is Seigler's team. He's done everything right so far, inasmuch as you can in baseball. The farm is loaded. The team this year has shown development. Hedges, Reyes, Renfro, and Jankowski have all improved greatly from career stats and over the course of the year. Mejia is real. Amazingly quick bat. The bullpen is very deep and a major strength. The SPs are and have been holding us back, but we've got to see what we've got with these young guys. Lucchesi is a keeper. The book is still out on Lauer. Erlin belongs in the pen. Strahm may very well make a good starter. Kennedy doesn't have it, and Nix has to develop another pitch. The guys in the minors are the ones to watch and they will start showing up next year. Pirella has a lot to work with for trades this year, and I expect to see at least two decent starters added through trade or FA.

These are not the same Padres of poor owners and a poorly run organization. They are going to be a lot better next year and possibly contend for a wild card. The following year, they should be a team to be reckoned with.

I say keep the Padres forum because they will be a winning club soon and then people will want to talk about them.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Its still a Padres forum Its just open now for all SD sports. Aztecs as well.

Comment

• RobH
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Tokyo, Japan
                        • University English Lecturer
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TPB View Post
                        Its still a Padres forum Its just open now for all SD sports. Aztecs as well.
                        Yeah, I just noticed that. That's a good call. Keep 'em coming, Fleet!

Cheers,

Rob

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post

Yeah, I just noticed that. That's a good call. Keep 'em coming, Fleet!

Cheers,

Rob
                          I think as a community we all need to up our game. If we all spend a little more time here posting we should start to really get back to the way things were prior to the move.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍