• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
    Seigler is the Padres majority owner. He's a billionaire. He's also an O'Malley and grew up in the Dodgers org when they had the amazing farm systems. He's well steeped in what it takes to make a winning MLB team. He's totally hands off and appointed Fowler, a minority owner as CEO. But make no mistake, this is Seigler's team. He's done everything right so far, inasmuch as you can in baseball. The farm is loaded. The team this year has shown development. Hedges, Reyes, Renfro, and Jankowski have all improved greatly from career stats and over the course of the year. Mejia is real. Amazingly quick bat. The bullpen is very deep and a major strength. The SPs are and have been holding us back, but we've got to see what we've got with these young guys. Lucchesi is a keeper. The book is still out on Lauer. Erlin belongs in the pen. Strahm may very well make a good starter. Kennedy doesn't have it, and Nix has to develop another pitch. The guys in the minors are the ones to watch and they will start showing up next year. Pirella has a lot to work with for trades this year, and I expect to see at least two decent starters added through trade or FA.

These are not the same Padres of poor owners and a poorly run organization. They are going to be a lot better next year and possibly contend for a wild card. The following year, they should be a team to be reckoned with.

I say keep the Padres forum because they will be a winning club soon and then people will want to talk about them.
    Agree with this except I think they are three years away. I don't see them contending for a wildcard next year. Starting pitching isn't there for one. Though they will get Lamat back. But he is still a work in progress too.
    hec they were a better team last year with all the rookies they used that arent here this year.
    This is if they don't add much in the off-season but inconsistent bats and mostly bad starting pitching won't do much to contend for a wildcard. I think they lead the league in striking out.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-20-2018, 07:16 PM.
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
    181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
    225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Depends on how you look at it. I see them as trying to keep fans from hating on San Diego for letting them go, and saying, we are still here. Nothing wrong with that.
      I don't like any LA teams except for the Chargers now. Screw the Lakers, Dodgers, Angels, Rams, Kings. I have a slight soft spot for the Clippers but I don't care about the NBA.
      I don't have a favorite college football team so therefore I've got no attachment to USC or UCLA either. Never been a big Aztec fan.

Hopefully this new owners for the Padres is good in their word and not trading the good prospects, but some will have to go. The ones they feel won't make it. That's why you keep stockpiling, cause some won't make it.
      Wouldn't surprise me if they trade Myers though he's always hurt and he is only been able to hit 250. Missed half or more of this season.
      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I disagree. I think they're a 4A team. Better than 3A but not good enough to be pros.

And three years from now will be the same as today as the Pads trade away their talent as soon as it has value.

I was a big Pads fan, but gave up on them completely a few years ago.
        same, same. It's an established cycle. The ownership changes and makes promises of competitive team budgets and no penny pinching or Fire Sales every couple years, but end result is always the same. Long term losing and under-performing on the field every year. Reaching, then staying above .500 are almost impossible dreams year after year and forget about any kind of perennial winner with loaded farm system supplying new players to replace aging/hurt/traded guys managed by a proven quality winner manager. Petco was cool for a new experience for a couple years, but that wears off and downtown itself became a sewer. They might as well just become a Triple A farm team and rename them the Hep A's!
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

same, same. It's an established cycle. The ownership changes and makes promises of competitive team budgets and no penny pinching or Fire Sales every couple years, but end result is always the same. Long term losing and under-performing on the field every year. Reaching, then staying above .500 are almost impossible dreams year after year and forget about any kind of perennial winner with loaded farm system supplying new players to replace aging/hurt/traded guys managed by a proven quality winner manager. Petco was cool for a new experience for a couple years, but that wears off and downtown itself became a sewer. They might as well just become a Triple A farm team and rename them the Hep A's!
          Lol, I was refering to them this season on Twitter as the San Diego Chuwauwau's. Their triple A teams name.
          But but hey the A's are always in the same boat, trading players when they get good to avoid paying them. However they are doing good this year. Look for them to trade a couple of those guys in the off-season. Id love to get 3B Chapman from them. Myers isn't a 3rd baseman.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-21-2018, 07:47 AM.
          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
          100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
          140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
          181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
          225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

Working...
          X