Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

2019 Draft Prospects To Keep An Eye On

Thought this might be a good idea for the draftniks. Give everyone a potential list for people to check out during the college season.

Here is an article with 5 prospects. Post what you have throughout the season.
    The 2018 draft was a major success for the Chargers. The first four selections in safety Derwin James, linebackers Uchenna Nwosu, Kyzir White, and defensive tackle Justin Jones have been major contributors early on in the regular season.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

We usually have a rolling college football thread to discuss players but nobody has started one. Its something Steve used to do but he quit. So we need to pick up his slack.

Im gonna move this to the main forum for now.

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

I wonder if lil bro Bosa will drop much with his injury.....he seemed dominating before the injury. I think we need to go defense again at #1 on the DL. This team needs talent up front.

Comment

• Rugger05
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
        I wonder if lil bro Bosa will drop much with his injury.....he seemed dominating before the injury. I think we need to go defense again at #1 on the DL. This team needs talent up front.
        I doubt he will be there when the Chargers pick 32nd

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post

I doubt he will be there when the Chargers pick 32nd
          He wont be even if we in the middle. Sure some players fall but i doubt a DE like him would fall like a safety. Ingram fell because, well, he wasnt that great IMO as a pass rusher in college and i said that many times and didnt want us to draft him.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

.005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
            .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
            .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
            .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
            .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
            .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
            .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
            .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
            .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

What is a PON?
              Agree we should be looking at a RT, and a DT, Depth at LB and better alternating DE. Wish they would of kept McCain but don't know what happened there. Maybe time to look at Addaes eventual replacereplacement.

Still think it's too early to draft a QB high as Rivers is going to play two more seasons after this one, maybe more if they extended him couple years. But geez, they need to find a better backup than Geno.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-23-2018, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                What is a PON?
                Agree we should be looking at a RT, and a DT, Depth at LB and better alternating DE. Wish they would of kept McCain but don't know what happened there. Maybe time to look at Addaes eventual replacereplacement.

Still think it's too early to draft a QB high as Rivers is going to play two more seasons after this one, maybe more if they extended him couple years. But geez, they need to find a better backup than Geno.
                PON = position of need

OT, DT, CB, LB, FS, & probably WR will need to be addressed next off season
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                  What is a PON?

.005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
                  .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
                  .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
                  .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
                  .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
                  .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
                  .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
                  .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
                  .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

I don't think having a QB that we draft high sitting for three years is smart. Garrapalo never played a regular season game asside from when Brady was suspended and then he was going to be a free agent last year. If we use a first on a QB he should sit one year.

Don't care where Derwin plays, it's Addae we need to upgrade. Unless King is moving To safety, we need another and I don't think King is moving. Addae is OK but he isn't a playmaker and misses a lot of tackles and think he is a FA after this season but not sure if it's this year or next. Either way, upgrade needed.

Definitely need another decent rotational pass rusher. And RT is a big need imo.

​​​​​​
                    ​​​

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

I think we cut Benjamin. Scott is the slot waiting in the wings. I expect Tyrell isnt resigned. Be nice if he had a huge year and got paid by another team as it could net us a comp pick later. He might stay but i doubt it. And Mike Williams showed today hes a deep threat. His speed is underrated imo. I think Geramy Davis may be brought back.

WR could be a possibility. But mid to late rounds. I love Artavis. I think he will be a possession stud.

We need a beast inside on DL. I thought we would be able to get a bunch of pressure even without Bosa but i think some of the struggles are actually on the interior as well. Teams are not scared of our inside guys so Melvin is getting mauled. Even Liuget helps us. But i think JJ ends up at the 2 gap spot and we go after a stud 3tech.

OL is another area of need. OT especially. Is Perryman the answer at ILB? I sure wouldn't mind a no doubter type guy like Roquan Smith inside.

Pass rusher may be another position. Nwosu is technically a SAM so not necessarily a pure pass rusher. Need a guy to rotate at DE with Bosa and Ingram. Rochelle and Landrum havnt shown out yet.

I do want Rivers replacement to be drafted and not bought. Because that allows us to spend elsewhere. Huge QB contracts can limit a teams ability to get better elsewhere. You really want a guy that can come in and kick ass like a Mahomes, Watson, Wentz etc.

I just dont think we need to do that next year.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Yeah forgot, Benjamin is near worthless. I too like Scott and they need to find a speed guy with better hands than Benjamin. Not sure what they do with Tyrell but with Keenan and Mike W balling, his chances will get slimmer but he is a speed guy and I still do like him.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍