• Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    2019 NFL Mock Draft 1.0: Giants Take QB No. 1 in First Projections
    • At the midway point of the college football season, a look at who is positioning themselves for the first round in April.

By Kalyn Kahler and Albert Breer

1. N.Y. Giants: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
    While no quarterback in the 2019 class is a lock for the top spot, the 6' 6" Herbert has made his case this season, drawing comparisons to Marcus Mariota and Carson Wentz2. Indianapolis: Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State
    Indianapolis needs a defensive playmaker, making Bosa an easy choice. His core muscle injury, which required surgery and led to him withdrawing from school this week3. San Francisco: Greedy Williams, CB, LSU4. Arizona: Ed Oliver, DT, Houston5. Oakland: Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan6. Atlanta: Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
    The Falcons need a more imposing pass rush. Ferrell is a versatile, every-down player who can help add much-needed depth to a group that has struggled to get going this season.

8. Buffalo: Jeffrey Simmons, DT, Mississippi Statepleading no contest to simple assault in 2016 after striking a woman several times during a fight.

9. Tampa Bay: Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
    Lock is a rare four-year starter who has improved each season, and this year he is preparing in a more pro-style offense. Tampa Bay seems to have reached a breaking point with Jameis Winston, who has been unreliable on and off the field.

10. Detroit: Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson12. Houston: Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss
    The Texans have struggled badly up front the pas two seasons, and Little could step in immediately at left tackle. The 6' 6", 325-pounder consistently wins against edge defenders.

13. Dallas: A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss
    Only two receivers were taken in the first round in 2018, and none in the top 20, creating a thirst for receivers in this draft. Dallas has a major need for an outside receiver. Enter A.J. Brown, who has demonstrated a consistent ability to make tough catches in traffic.

14. Jacksonville: Will Grier, QB, West Virginia15. Philadelphia: Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia16. Seattle: Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn
    The Legion of Boom rebuild continues with the 6' 5", 325-pound Brown, a bulky but explosive interior pass-rusher.

17. N.Y. Jets: Montez Sweat, DE/OLB, Mississippi State18. Minnesota: Raekwon Davis, DL, Alabama
    This draft is loaded with defensive linemen. The 6' 7", 305-pound Davis had 8.5 sacks last year, and had proven he can be a force in the pass rush even if his numbers have dropped this season.

19. Pittsburgh: Devin Bush, LB, Michigan20. Miami: Zach Allen, DL, Boston College
    Allen has the speed to be a pass-rush talent but is also sound as a run defender. He had 100 total tackles last season.

21. Tennessee: Noah Fant, TE, Iowa22. Green Bay: Devin White, LB, LSU23. Oakland (via Chicago): Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama24. Cincinnati: Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State
    He continues to build on his breakout junior year, as Oruwariye has the size and ball skills to thrive as a boundary corner.

25. Washington: Josh Allen, LB, Kentucky
    We wrote about Allen a few weeks ago26. Carolina: Jonah Williams, OL, Alabama27. L.A. Chargers: Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State28. Baltimore: Byron Murphy, CB, Washington29. New England: Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
    Wilkins is a versatile defensive lineman, a great fit for Bill Belichick, who prefers players who can do a number of things well.

30. Green Bay (via New Orleans): Jerry Tillery, DL, Notre Dame
    Lanky (6' 7") and explosive, Tillery should provide an immediate impact as an interior pass-rusher at the next level.

31. Kansas: Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson32. L.A. Rams: Jalen Jelks, DE/OLB, Oregon
    As great as the Aaron Donald-Ndamukong Suh tandem is inside, the Rams need to get better around them. Jelks is a bit raw, but the 6' 7", 245-pound edge rusher is loaded with potential.
    Well if they want another Cardale Jones then I can see them drafting Haskins.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Few other prospects that have caught my eye......

Terrill Hanks (LB) NMST
      Daniel Jones (QB) DUKE
      Ben Humphreys (LB) DUKE
      Ben Banogu (EDGE) TCU
      Jamarius Way (WR) S ALA
      KJ Hill (WR) OHST
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Coachmarkos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • SoDak
        • Technology Director
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

Care to elaborate on it some?? Tell me what you saw personally, i love hearing peoples takes to see if i can see what you see
        Well, first off let me say, I'm no football scout, or even a football coach! I'm a HS Basketball and Cross country coach. I just like to watch football.

I watched the first half, trying to get a feel for Montez, as I had watched him against Nebraska earlier, and he looked good. (but who hasn't against Nebraska this season)

I thought that he got "happy feet" very often.

Also, (I had to go look this up, as I only watched the first half) he finished 26 for 47. But only 170 passing yards... and that was kind of what the first half looked like. He was completing a lot of short, very short passes...

I also thought he locked in a lot to Shenault. Like if it wasn't a quick dump off, or screen type thing... he was going for Shenault. Which I do get some, Shenault is a very good WR.

Also... I didn't watch the 2nd half at all... maybe in the 2nd half he looked downfield a bit more for some other guys?

I just thought against better defensive personnel (USC vs Nebraska) he didn't look so good.

I do agree with Ninja that one game isn't enough to write someone off... but there are professionals for that, LOL. Those are probably the only 2 times I'll watch Colorado this season.

He's definitely a notch (or two) below Herbert and Haskins and Finley.

I don't see a problem with looking at Haskins, except for maybe the fact that he's a sophomore?
        72% Completion and over 9 yards an attempt... 28 TD's and 4 INT's.
        -Don't compare him to "12 Gauge"... Cardale couldn't beat out a guy who wasn't a good passer. This kid can throw the ball with accuracy.

Again, I don't think they'll do it. And I understand everyone who is against a QB with a pick. But I think it's worth looking at.
        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

This kid is definitely a prospect to keep an eye on......

Otaro Alaka (LB) TXAM

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Im not a McShay/Kiper guy. But i get the insider material free. So ill post it all here. Biggest 2019 NFL draft riser, second-half surge, under the radar - Mel Kiper Jr., Todd McShayBiggest 2019 NFL draft riser, second-half surge, under the radar - Mel Kiper Jr., Todd McShay

by Mel Kiper Jr.Todd McShay on 2018-10-15 02:08:00 UTC (original: http://www.espn.com/college-football...jr-todd-mcshay)

ESPN NFL draft experts Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay answer three questions at the midway point of the college football season, taking a closer look at prospects who have come out of nowhere and guys who need to improve quickly.

They also pick out 2019 prospects rising up draft boards and give their picks for under-the-radar prospects to keep an eye on, the College Football Playoff and CFP MVP.
            Answering questions at midseason

Which prospect has risen the most on your board so far?

Kiper: Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama. He was on my radar after starting Bama's final two games last season, but he has risen all the way to No. 13 on my updated Big Board after a fantastic start to 2018. The 6-foot-2, 194-pound Thompson is a natural playmaker (two interceptions, five pass breakups this season) with great range, and he can tackle, an underrated but necessary skill for defenders entering the league.

Now, Thompson is only a third-year sophomore with just a handful of starts for the Crimson Tide, so he could still come back to school in 2019. But he might already be the best free safety in this class -- if he enters the draft. Alabama has breezed through its schedule so far, but it travels to Baton Rouge in three weeks, and I can't wait to see how Thompson and a loaded defense fares against LSU.

McShay: Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama. He has outplayed his highly-touted teammates Raekwon Davis and Isaiah Buggs on the Alabama defensive line this season. Coming into the season, the third-year sophomore was barely on my radar, but he has been fantastic for the Crimson Tide, and the buzz around him has been building.

Through seven games, the 6-foot-4, 295-pound lineman has 7.5 TFL and 1.5 sacks, along with eight quarterback hurries. He's doing a great job with his hands at the line, too. Williams is playing like a potential future first-round pick.

Which prospect needs a second-half surge?

Kiper: Bryce Love, RB, Stanford. There were two concerns about Love as an NFL prospect entering the season. Would his body hold up behind a worse offensive line, and would Stanford get him more involved in the passing game to show off his versatility? Those questions get a resounding "no" so far, as the 5-foot-10, 202-pound Love has struggled to stay on the field due to an ankle and other injuries, and he hasn't looked like his explosive self when he has played. Plus, he has six catches and hasn't been a receiving target.

The 2017 Heisman runner-up needs to get healthy to get back in the first-round range. We knew he didn't have the versatility as former Cardinal star Christian McCaffrey, but he's still a great runner when at his best. I want to see him get healthy before the all-star bowl games in January and NFL combine in March. I have him as a Day 2 pick right now. play 0:30 Lock directs traffic then throws 20-yard dart for TD

Drew Lock fires a 20-yard touchdown after having an eternity in the pocket.

McShay: Drew Lock, QB, Missouri. I was low on Lock coming into the season, giving him just a third-round grade, but I got excited about his early play. In his first two games of the season, he showed a lot more poise and pocket presence, throwing eight touchdowns and zero interceptions in wins over UT Martin and Wyoming. Not bad for a guy learning to play a pro-style brand of QB for the first time in his life, including playcalling verbiage, protections and pre-snap reads of defensive structures.

But the past three games have not gone well, as he's thrown five interceptions and only one touchdown. Against Georgia, Lock didn't necessarily play poorly -- his receivers let him down in a big way -- but there were body language issues and frustration was obviously setting in. South Carolina was the most concerning of the three straight losses because his poor decision-making in the second half cost Missouri the game. This past weekend, Lock and the Tigers were simply overmatched versus Alabama but he also made some critical red-flag errors.

He's an attractive project with a huge arm, size (6-foot-4, 225 pounds) and athleticism, but I would struggle to invest a first- or second-round pick on Lock at this point. Missouri has some key matchups against Kentucky and Florida over the next three weeks.

Who's the under-the-radar potential first-rounder for 2019 that you'll be watching closely the rest of the way?

Kiper: Brian Burns, DE, Florida State. OK, Florida State isn't usually a school I'd say is off the radar for the NFL draft, but the Seminoles are not a good team this season. People need to watch them for Burns, who could be an elite NFL pass-rusher. He can bend the edge as well as any player in this class, and he already has seven sacks this season. With a lean 6-foot-5, 235-pound frame, Burns is still growing. But he's one of the best pure outside pass-rushers in this class, and he could be a top-10 pick, depending on his combine workout.

McShay: Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State. Last season at this time, we didn't know much about Haskins. Now the third-year sophomore is emerging as one of the purest pocket passers in college football, completing 72 percent of his passes this season for 2,331 yards through seven games. The 6-foot-3, 220-pound quarterback is not overly mobile -- just 30 rushes for 49 yards this year -- and I wasn't particularly excited by his play in the Penn State game, Ohio State's biggest test to date. But I'm left really impressed by his touch, timing and ball placement.

A couple of scouts I've talked to say there's buzz in Columbus that Haskins might consider leaving after this season. I'm not saying he should -- history says he shouldn't -- and I'm certainly not saying he's a first-round pick, but as far as interesting prospects to watch during the second half of the season go, Haskins fits the description.
            Prospects on the rise

These are the 2019 NFL draft prospects moving up boards: Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama

Wow, this dude can run. A junior from New Orleans, Smith had two catches for 123 yards two weeks ago against Arkansas, including a touchdown. On just 17 receptions this season, the 6-foot-4, 241-pound tight end has 334 yards for a 19.6 average. He wasn't on the radar in the preseason, but if he enters the 2019 draft, he'd be one of the first tight ends off the board. He can be a tough matchup in today's pass-happy NFL, especially in multiple-TE sets. -- McShay play 0:31 BC stops NC State in red zone with interception

Boston College's Zach Allen makes the Eagles' 9th interception of the season to halt an NC State drive. Zach Allen, DE, Boston College

The word I'd use to describe Allen: consistent. He doesn't have poor performances. He consistently plays well, beating tackles with rip and swim moves on the edge, and beating guards with push when moved inside in BC's 4-3 defense. Allen had three tackles for loss, a sack and blocked a field goal in the win over Louisville on Saturday, and he's up to 11 TFL and 4.5 sacks this season after having 15.5 TFL and six sacks in 2017. He is solid as a rock and extremely versatile,which is a big reason why he's rising. At 6-foot-5, 285 pounds, I see Allen as a 4-3 end in the NFL, and teams always have a need for pass-rushers who can play the run. -- Kiper
            Almost famous under-the-radar prospects

Keep an eye on these potential Day 2 or Day 3 picks: Jesper Horsted, WR, Princeton

The Tigers are 5-0, and they have two pass-catching prospects in Horsted and Stephen Carlson. Both had monster days in the blowout of Brown on Saturday, with Horsted catching 13 passes for 169 yards and two touchdowns and Carlson putting up a line of 8-127-1. Horsted, who is also a center fielder on the Princeton baseball team, already has eight touchdowns this season after catching 92 passes for 1,226 yards and 14 touchdowns in 2017. At 6-foot-3, 220 pounds, he is a matchup problem for Ivy League defensive backs, and he has great body control and good hands. Horsted is likely a Day 3 pick, but I want to see an official 40-yard dash time before projecting a round. -- Kiper Kyle Phillips, DE, Tennessee

In Saturday's win against Auburn, Phillips led the Vols with nine tackles while also recording half a sack and forcing a fumble. Alontae Taylor recovered the fumble for a touchdown to give the Volunteers a 27-17 lead late in the third quarter. Phillips certainly has an NFL frame at 6-foot-4 and 264 pounds with excellent length. He can play on the inside and outside and is strong one-on-one. There are flashes of him getting off blocks, and he chases the run and the passer with above-average effort. However, he has limited upside as a pure pass rusher. With just average athleticism, it gets ugly when he plays high and he tends to get overwhelmed by double teams. I see Phillips as a Day 3 pick. -- McShay
            College Football's Most Valuable Players

These aren't our picks for the Heisman Trophy winner. These are the MVPs of CFB.

Kiper's top three:

1. Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama: He still leads FBS in Total QBR (97.4), and he still hasn't thrown an interception. Now, let's hope Tagovailoa's knee injury isn't serious.

2. Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma: Sitting right behind Tagovailoa in Total QBR is Murray, whose 96.9 rating is more than 10 points better than the No. 3 quarterback (Appalachian State's Zac Thomas).

3. Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State: Haskins, who ranks No. 4 in Total QBR (85.9), has back-to-back games with more than 400 passing yards, and he has nine touchdown passes to two picks over that span.

McShay's top three:

1. Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama: Tagovailoa threw two absolutely perfect deep balls in the first half on Saturday against Missouri, but looked tight in the second half. He overthrew two open targets and his stride didn't look the same before re-injuring his knee while sliding. No player has come close to his level of performance this year, but management of that knee injury will be critical during the second half of the season.

2. Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State: It was a sloppy win over Minnesota, but Haskins and the Buckeyes still scored 30. He completed 75 percent of his throws and now has 28 touchdown passes this season.

3. Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma: The Sooners need to rebound after the loss to Texas, but Murray's production has been fantastic. He has three games this season in which he was responsible for at least five touchdowns.
            If the College Football Playoff started today ...

Kiper's top four teams:

Scraped at insider2text.xyz, brought to you by

1. Alabama
            2. Ohio State
            3. Clemson
            4. Notre Dame

McShay's top four teams:

1. Alabama
            2. Ohio State
            3. Clemson
            4. Notre Dame

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

LOL Devin Bush

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

He needs to check himself. Honestly.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

I love Tua. He is such a solid QB. Hes better than Baker.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      I love Tua. He is such a solid QB. Hes better than Baker.
                      Kid looks sharp
                      just so hard for me to tell with such a dominating cast around him.
                      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

NC State QB Finley....scratch him off the list. Not that i want us to draft a QB anyways, but he looked awful yesterday, doesnt have a very good arm and IMO , in that game, doesnt look like a starting caliber NFL QB. His arm sure isnt NFL caliber. Not to mention he will be 24 in Dec.
                        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                        181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                        225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery