• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Mebane will be a FA after this season and I have a hard time seeing them bring him back at 34 and what he would want for money and the cap space we would get from letting him walk, which is 5.5 million. unless they like him so much that he signs a one-year deal for like two and a half mil. Still can't see that.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-05-2018, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      The Simmons tape
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Just absolutely stupid. And I think he's out of the 1st round because of it. This will be all over TV when he's drafted.
      Holy shit! First round? I see maybe the 5th round in his future if he is drafted at all.

Comment

• charger1993
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Cool im fine with him slipping. I would love to get a 2nd or 3rd day 1st round player. Unpopular opinion, but idc what you do off the field only on the field. Idc if youre a doctor on the weekends or walking sround kicking puppies, come gsme day if you show up and play great i got no problems. Alot of legends today wouldnt have been legends if social media was around.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post
          Cool im fine with him slipping. I would love to get a 2nd or 3rd day 1st round player. Unpopular opinion, but idc what you do off the field only on the field. Idc if youre a doctor on the weekends or walking sround kicking puppies, come gsme day if you show up and play great i got no problems. Alot of legends today wouldnt have been legends if social media was around.
          But it is around.
          So you would be ok if we signed Aaron Hernandez if he didn't kill himself in prison and was available? I don't agree with every instance that teams ignore players but there is a image teams want to portray, except for Cincinnati...and maybe the Cowboys.
          As an employer I wouldn't want certain ones either if I'm paying them millions and they have to consider what happens if they screw up and the NFL takes over.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-05-2018, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• charger1993
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

But it is around.
            So you would be ok if we signed Aaron Hernandez if he didn't kill himself in prison and was available? I don't agree with every instance that teams ignore players but there is a image teams want to portray, except for Cincinnati...and maybe the Cowboys.
            As an employer I wouldn't want certain ones either if I'm paying them millions and they have to consider what happens if they screw up and the NFL takes over.
            The way i look at it is im in the business of winning football games and making money. So if i as a owner thought hernandez could help the team win and the public got over thr initial signing. And money kept coming in. Hell yeah. You cant deny he was extremely talented.
            just like rueben foster, he only has allegations, i would have been at the front of ghe line to claim him.
            this is football, not morality football.
            Now if the guy is arrested for whatever he did, of course not, cant make money when someones locked up. But if its not to big of a deal and you think you can seay public opinion on the siuation and win football games and make money all day.
            The raiders were a bunch kf thugs won superbowls, cowboys bunch if thugs won superbowls, steelers bunch of thugs won superbowl. But thats my view on it. Its football to me, if you arent locked up, and can play ima sign you.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Players who improved this season

Offensive Line

Jawaan Taylor, Florida

Montez Ivy was theFlorida offensive line prospect to watch this season -- heck, that was the case a year ago too -- but Taylor's dominance on the right side in 2018 has made him the hotter commodity. The 6-5, 328-pound junior is what I'd classify as a "power blocker," but he showcased smooth footwork and centered balance all season for the Gators. He almost looks like a talented power forward in basketball on the edge. Check his battle against Kentucky's Josh Allen from early in the 2018 season. Heavyweight bout. Taylor can lose the inside on occasion but is a brick wall against any type of bull-rush attempt, and his feet make him extraordinarily difficult to beat to the outside. He's heavy-handed too.

Honorable mention: James O'Hagan, Buffalo
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Another guy with nothing to gain

West Virginia quarterback Will Grier will not participate in the Camping World Bowl against Syracuse as he begins preparing for the 2019 NFL draft.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

What a turd. Easy pass on that piece of shit..........

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Updated list of players skipping bowl season for NFL Draft

ByBrad Crawford Dec 9, 10:06 AM

College football's hottest growing trend could reach a record number this month during bowl season for players announcing they will not play in their teams' final game in prep for their pro careers.

Before cries of selfishness hit a fever pitch, know these are all calculated decisions and most are made after conversations with their coaching staff. In short, football is a business and these potential early-round selections are protecting their investment.

In recent years, Leonard Fournette and Christian McCaffrey made waves by electing to stay in warm-up gear on the sideline during premiere games and the number of players sitting out this bowl season is expected to exceed double digits.

Here's an updated list of standouts who have already announced their intentions this month: Will Grier, QB, West Virginia

(Photo: Justin K. Aller, Getty) West Virginia senior quarterback Will Grier will not play in the Camping World Bowl vs. Syracuse on Dec. 28 in an effort to begin early focus on his NFL career. He made the announcement Saturday morning in a special note to Mountaineer Nation. Grier is the first major quarterback to make this announcement, but others are expected to follow. Grier has thrown for 3,864 yards this season and 37 touchdowns. He is projected to be one of the first quarterbacks taken off the board in next year's draft. "It has been an honor to wear the WVU uniform, and I sincerely thank all of Mountaineer Nation for allowing my family and I to be a part of something so special. Country roads, take me home," Grier wrote in closing.

Germaine Pratt, LB, N.C. State

(Photo: Nick Faulkner, 247Sports) N.C. State's standout linebacker announced Wednesday he was skipping the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl (Dec. 31) vs. Texas A&M to focus on pre-draft preparations. Pratt finished with 104 tackles, 10.5 tackles for loss and six sacks. All were team highs. He also had two forced fumbles, a fumble recovery and three pass breakups. In his absence, Brock Miller is expected to make the start. The 6-foot-3, 231-pound third-year sophomore has 16 tackles, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery and a pass breakup on the season.

Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina

(Photo: 247Sports) South Carolina's most electrifying playmaker announced Monday he was skipping the Belk BowlNoah Fant, TE, Iowa

(Photo: Icon Sportswire, Getty) Fant, the No. 1 tight end on most NFL Mock Draft boards, declared for the draft after Iowa's season finale and later announced he wouldn't play in the Outback Bowl vs. Mississippi State. Fant caught 78 passes for 1,083 yards and 19 touchdowns during his Iowa career. He was named a first-team All-Big-Ten tight end after his junior season. He finished with 39 receptions for 519 yards and seven touchdowns. Fant is a mid-to-late first-round pick by most mock drafts and is considered to be the best tight end prospect in the 2019 NFL Draft. One scout even said that he's "the best tight end prospect in the last five years."

Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan

(Photo: Gregory Shamus, Getty) Gary, who finished his Michigan career with 137 tackles, 24 tackles for loss and 10.5 sacks in 35 games, was the top-ranked overall recruit in the 2016 recruiting class. Hailing from Plainfield, New Jersey and graduating from Paramus Catholic, the end is largely regarded as a potential top-10 pick in the 2019 NFL Draft thanks to his unique blend of size, speed and strength. He was No. 8 on ESPN NFL Draft analyst Mel Kiper's Big Board of 2019 prospects earlier this month.
                    He declared for the draft last Monday in a YouTube videoGreedy Williams, CB, LSU

(Photo: Jonathan Bachman, Getty) One of LSU's top defensive players and a projected early first-round pick will skip the Fiesta Bowl vs. UCF to protect himself from injury and begin the pre-draft training process. LSU coach Ed Orgeron confirmed on Sunday's media teleconference that Williams will not play. The Advocate's Brooks Kubena also confirmed Orgeron's statement.
                    "I wish him the best. If that's what he wants to do, we wish him and his family the best," Orgeron said on the call with reporters. "I didn't know that was posted yet. We did have a meeting and we were going to have a final meeting, but that's what him and his family want. They told me that they wasn't going to play and that he's going into the draft. We wish him the best. I haven't met with all my juniors yet so I was going to announce it at the end when I had a final meeting with everybody, but we wish him the best. Tremendous young man and athlete."

Ed Oliver, DL, Houston

(Photo: Troy Taormina, USA TODAY Sports) Oliver, a potential Top 5 pick, announced last week he would miss Houston's bowl gameN'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State

(Photo: Icon Sportswire, Getty) Arizona State's unguardable receiver has signed with an agent and announced Monday alongside Sun Devils coach Herm Edwards that he would sit out his team's bowl game. "He's still raw as far as things for the next level," coach Herm Edwards told ESPN, which was first to report Harry's decision. "But the talent's there and the work ethic is there. He's going to put in the work, you don't have to worry about that." Harry will leave Tempe as one of the best receivers in program history. In his three seasons, the 6-foot-4, 213-pound target scored 26 total touchdowns and made 213 receptions for 2,889 yards, good for third-most in program history in both categories. No ASU receiver recorded more catches or yards in a three-year career.

Kelvin Harmon, WR, N.C. State

(Photo: Icon Sportswire, Getty) New Year's Eve in Jacksonville will be uneventful for NC State star pass-catcher Kelvin Harmon, who announced Monday he would skip the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl vs. Texas A&M. A projected first-round selection, Harmon collected 81 receptions for a team-high 1,186 yards and seven touchdowns this season.

Donnell Greene, OT, Minnesota

(Photo: Dan Owen, 247Sports) Minnesota offensive tackle Donnell Greene signed with an agent on Thursday, ensuring he won't play in the Gophers' appearance in the Quick Lane Bowl on Dec. 26 in Detroit. Greene, an honorable mention All-Big Ten selection, played in 11 with 10 starts this season.

Justice Hill, RB, Oklahoma State

(Photo: Rob Ferguson, USA TODAY Sports) The announcement from Hill was made by Cowboys coach Mike Gundy via Twitter on Monday morning. Teammate Larry Williams, an offensive lineman, will also sit out. Hill will need to apply for early entrance into the NFL Draft as a junior. Hill has played in 36 career games since coming to Oklahoma State out of Tulsa's Booker T. Washington High School. Hill has been prolific as a producer in the offense with career numbers of 632 carries for 3,539-yards with 30 touchdowns and a career yards per carry average of 5.6. He has caught 49 passes for 304-yards and a touchdown. Hill is 7th all-time in rushing attempts, 7th in rushing yards, and 8th in rushing touchdowns.

Yodny Cajuste, OT, West Virginia

(Photo: Justin K. Aller, Getty) 18COMMENTS
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

I don't have a problem with it.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

2019 Declared Underclassmen

Juniors and Redshirt Sophomores who have let it be known in one way or another that they will be entering the 2019 draft. Underclassmen have until the end of business on January 15th to apply to the NFL for inclusion in the upcoming draft.
                        Search:
                        DE Nick Bosa Ohio State JR
                        DT Ed Oliver Houston JR
                        DE Rashan Gary Michigan JR
                        CB Greedy Williams LSU RSO
                        OT Greg Little Mississippi JR
                        WR AJ Brown Mississippi JR
                        OLB Brian Burns Florida State JR
                        WR N'Keal Harry Arizona State JR
                        DT Dre'Mont Jones Ohio State JR
                        WR Kelvin Harmon North Carolina State JR
                        TE Noah Fant Iowa JR
                        RB Justice Hill Oklahoma State JR
                        TE Caleb Wilson UCLA JR
                        WR DK Metcalf Mississippi RSO
                        ER Jordan Brailford Oklahoma State JR
                        RB Devin Singletary Florida Atlantic JR
                        QB Jarrett Stidham Auburn JR
                        WR Preston Williams Colorado State JR
                        FS Chauncey Gardner-Johnson Florida JR
                        RB Darrell Henderson Memphis JR
                        TE Alize Mack Notre Dame JR
                        RB LJ Scott Michigan State JR
                        WR Antoine Wesley Texas Tech JR
                        CB Sean Bunting Central Michigan JR
                        RB Rodney Anderson Oklahoma JR
                        CB Xavier Crawford Central Michigan JR
                        WR Anthony Ratliff-Williams North Carolina JR
                        WR Jovon Durante Florida Atlantic JR
                        TE Dax Raymond Utah State JR
                        RB Bolu Olorunfunmi UCLA JR
                        TE Keenen Brown Texas State JR
                        WR Jazz Ferguson Northwestern State

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Need more OTs
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞