• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

2019 NFL mock draft: New names land in 1st round

Could Duke QB Daniel Jones break into the top 32 in April?

Although the playoffs just started, most teams in the NFL are in the offseason process. That means either looking for a new head coach1. Arizona Cardinals: Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State2. San Francisco 49ers: Josh Allen, OLB/DE, Kentucky3. New York Jets: Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama

You have to do some gymnastics to get to this choice. It starts with the next Jets coach moving the team from a 4-3 base defense. If that happens, the Jets need inside players. Veteran Steve McClendon is a free agent and Leonard Williams has been disappointing the last couple seasons. Williams, who creates havoc up the middle, could be the type of talent the Jets need.

4. Oakland Raiders: Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama

This is the ideal for the Buccaneers. Williams could be a stalwart at left tackle considering current starter Donovan Smith is a free agent. Williams is a technician who comes into the NFL after three years of starting for Alabama.

6. New York Giants: Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State

The Giants should take Haskins, they just might not be able to with the sixth overall pick. Although Eli Manning returning still seems like a toss-up, general manager Dave Gettleman was noncommittal on the quarterback.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss8. Detroit Lions: Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

Darius Slay and Quandre Diggs are obviously good cornerbacks for the Lions, but they clearly need another player on the outside. Williams profiles as the best cornerback in the 2019 draft thanks to his size and playmaking ability.

9. Buffalo Bills: Cody Ford, OT, Oklahoma10. Denver Broncos: Byron Murphy, CB, Washington

Bradley Roby and Tramaine Brock are both free agents, and the Broncos may turn to the draft to replace them. A first-team All-American this season, Murphy excels at making a play on the ball. He finished the 2018 season with four interceptions and 13 pass breakups.

11. Cincinnati Bengals: Devin White, LB, LSU12. Green Bay Packers: Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson13. Miami Dolphins: Drew Lock, QB, Missouri

The Ryan Tannehill era, in all its mediocrity, is likely coming to an end14. Atlanta Falcons: Ed Oliver, DT, Houston15. Washington: Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama16. Carolina Panthers: Jachai Polite, DE/OLB, Florida17. Cleveland Browns: Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma18. Minnesota Vikings: Dalton Risner, OL, Kansas State19. Tennessee Titansto go into cupcake making20. Pittsburgh Steelers: D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss21. Seattle Seahawks: Christian Wilkins, DL, Clemson22. Baltimore Ravens: Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia23. Houston Texans: Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia24. Oakland Raiders (via Chicago): Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State

The Raiders, with a new front office manned by former NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock, could go for value over character by picking Simmons. The Mississippi State defensive lineman would the Raiders another building block on a defense that needs a few of them.

25. Philadelphia Eagles: Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State

Brandon Graham and Chris Long are both free agents after the season, so the Eagles could look for a new edge rusher with their first-round pick. Sweat is a lanky pass rusher who brings speed around the corner. He needs to bulk up a little in the NFL, but he should be productive straight away at getting after the quarterback.

26. Indianapolis Colts: Gerald Willis, DT, Miami28. New England Patriots: Daniel Jones, QB, Duke

Here is your quarterback surprise of the week. The Patriots desperately need a young quarterback behind Tom Brady, and Jones could make for an excellent understudy.

29. Los Angeles Chargers: Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida30. Los Angeles Rams: Zach Allen, DE, Boston College31. Green Bay Packers: (via New Orleans): Brian Burns, DE/OLB, Florida State32. Kansas City Chiefs: Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama
    Last edited by Formula 21; 01-07-2019, 08:08 AM.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

There we go, the OTs are finally showing up in the mock drafts. 5 were in that one, including one for my favorite team. And Cajuste wasnt included.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargerkdb
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
        • Send PM

Patriot will be trading up for a QB when we finish off Tommy Terrific

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

This true freshman QB Lawrence is one to keep an eye on but I'm thinking we draft our QB in 2020.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Tua sulking on the bench instead of going out to congratulate Clemson.

Comment

• Classic
              Hall Of Fame
              • Dec 2014
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              This true freshman QB Lawrence is one to keep an eye on but I'm thinking we draft our QB in 2020.
              He is rare level of greatness at QB and is receiving mentorship from Peyton Manning. Outside of Herbert and Tua in 2020 I don't see anyone worth drafting at QB, this current squad is built to contend for the next two seasons UNLESS Rivers gets a call from Father time and massively regresses in two years. I don't think we'll be in the running for the #1 pick better to continue building and look for a QB to fall in the draft the next two seasons or look for a trade of a veteran QB.

Comment

• Attack
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

He is rare level of greatness at QB and is receiving mentorship from Peyton Manning. Outside of Herbert and Tua in 2020 I don't see anyone worth drafting at QB, this current squad is built to contend for the next two seasons UNLESS Rivers gets a call from Father time and massively regresses in two years. I don't think we'll be in the running for the #1 pick better to continue building and look for a QB to fall in the draft the next two seasons or look for a trade of a veteran QB.
                If Foles continues to play well for Philly and takes the Eagles to another Super Bowl, it wouldn't be crazy for Philly to sign him to a long term deal. I that happens, which many Philly fans are in favor of, then Wentz would/should be available. Wentz has had injuries, but when healthy, is very good. I'd think long and hard about trading for him, depending on the ask.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

I dont see how any team can afford to sign two experienced, winning type qbs. The cap just wont permit it.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• charger1993
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Anyone see mack wilson play tonight??? Didnt look good in my eyes, he looked alil lost. Anyone got any differnet takes

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post

If Foles continues to play well for Philly and takes the Eagles to another Super Bowl, it wouldn't be crazy for Philly to sign him to a long term deal. I that happens, which many Philly fans are in favor of, then Wentz would/should be available. Wentz has had injuries, but when healthy, is very good. I'd think long and hard about trading for him, depending on the ask.
                      We aren't going to trade for him. Rivers has at least two years left. Maybe three if they extend him. I look for teams like Denver to trade for him but no way we will

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

There's quite a few QBs that will be in the 2020 draft. Much better class than this one is.l wasn't that impressed with Herbert. And we will have to trade up for sure. We won't wait for one to fall if there is a guy they like a lot
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-08-2019, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘