• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    "I've said for many, many years, as long as I can ever remember when I'm asked, 'Hey, what do you look for first in a quarterback?'" Aikman said. "The first thing I look for is accuracy, because the rest of it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter how tough you are. It doesn't matter how smart you are or what a great leader you are.
    My philosophy as well. The only QB i ever gave a pass on this to was Matt Ryan in his senior year. Omg his "skill" position players were laughably bad that year. Couldn't catch a cold.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

I still think Matt Ryan is overrated and hate his nick name Matty Ice. Just don't think it's deserved
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
      225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        I still think Matt Ryan is overrated and hate his nick name Matty Ice. Just don't think it's deserved
        Its deserved when hes at home. But he needs another nickname on the road. Maybe Mad Matt....The Road Horror

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Last edited by like54ninjas; 10-11-2018, 01:18 PM. Reason: cant spell
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

2019 NFL draft prospects ranking - Mel Kiper Big Board, ranking top 25, grades, October

by Mel Kiper Jr. on (original: http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/in...grades-october)

SEC pass-rushers and a quarterback are moving up. Another quarterback is moving down. Three new prospects are in the top 25.

My updated Big Board for the 2019 NFL draft -- the best prospects for this class -- is below.

A few notes before I get started, same as always:
            • These aren't detailed scouting reports. I still have a lot of work to do on these prospects, and what they do from now until January matters a lot.
            • The draft is all about projection, so keep in mind that several guys here have started only one season.
            • Height and weight are based on what we have from schools. We don't get official numbers until the 2019 combine.

Note: One asterisk denotes the player is a junior, and two asterisks denote the player is a redshirt sophomore in 2018.
            1. Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State*

Height: 6-foot-4 | Weight: 263 pounds | Previously: 1

I don't expect Bosa's core muscle injury to affect his draft stock. It's not an injury with lasting long-term effects. I would like to see him on the field soon -- the Buckeyes' defensive line isn't the same without him. He's the Class of 2019's best edge rusher, and it's not close. He is advanced for his age in his technique -- you can probably thank his brother, Joey, and dad, John, both former first-round picks -- and he hasn't put up huge numbers because of Ohio State's talented defensive line rotation. He has four sacks in the three games after picking up eight in 2017.

2. Ed Oliver, DT, Houston*

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 292 | Previously: 2

On tape, Oliver is just relentless. He never quits. He's the best interior pass-rusher in this class, though he's not quite Aaron Donald. Those are the comps Oliver is going to get until April, but that's not fair to him at this point. He has room to grow in his technique. Oliver uses a quick first step to wreck plays before they can even begin -- he had 39 tackles for loss in his first two seasons, and he has 6.5 this season.
            3. Devin White, LB, LSU*

Height: 6-1 | Weight: 240 | Previously: 3

White had 133 tackles, 14 tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks and an interception during a spectacular breakout 2017 season. He has dominated this season, too, with 53 tackles, including 6.5 for loss so far. I love his read-and-react ability, and when I went back and watched the 2017 LSU tape, he was all over the field. White is not a true pass-rusher, but he could play outside or inside linebacker at the next level. He has some versatility and is extremely athletic.
            4. Andraez "Greedy" Williams, CB, LSU**

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 184 | Previously: 7

Williams burst onto the scene in 2017, picking off six passes as a redshirt freshman and emerging as one of the best defensive backs in college football. He has two picks this season, including one in the Tigers' upset over Auburn. Williams has great ball skills and a long, lean frame, and he sticks to wide receivers. The third-year sophomore has top-five talent if he leaves school early.
            5. Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson*

Height: 6-5 | Weight: 265 | Previously: 4

I thought Ferrell could have been a first-round pick in the 2018 draft, when he was a third-year sophomore. He's that good. He had 9.5 sacks last season and is up to six in six games this season. He terrorized Texas A&M and Georgia Southern with two sacks apiece and multiple pressures. Clemson has one of the most talented defensive lines I've ever seen in college football, and Ferrell is the top prospect.
            6. Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama*

Height: 6-5 | Weight: 301 | Previously: 8

It's not easy to start for Nick Saban as a freshman, and that's exactly what Williams did when he lined up as the right tackle in Week 1 in 2016. Now he has started more than 30 games in two-plus seasons, spending last season on the left side. There's a chance he could move to guard in the NFL, but I like him as a tackle right now.
            7. Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State

Height: 6-6 | Weight: 241 | Previously: 13

I just wrote about why Sweat was moving up on my board. After putting up three sacks in Saturday's win over Auburn, he now has 15 sacks in 18 games since transferring to Mississippi State. Sweat's frame has room for more weight, so he could play outside linebacker in a 3-4 or defensive end in a 4-3. He showed last season that he's one of the best pass-rushers in college football, putting up 10.5 sacks and 15.5 tackles for loss. He has an outstanding takeoff at the snap and good pass-rushing moves.
            play 0:31 Herbert drops dime for TD pass

Oregon QB Justin Herbert throws a great pass to TE Dano Dillon for the 30-yard TD.

8. Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon*

Height: 6-6 | Weight: 233 | Previously: 14

Check out this video clip. Herbert scrambles out of the pocket against Bowling Green and fires a 50-yard strike to an open receiver in the end zone. That's where he flashes the ability that makes NFL scouts perk up. Now, he has thrown five interceptions against so-so competition thus far -- that's where he flashes the bad stuff. His decision-making was improved last season (he finished No. 12 in the FBS in Total QBR at 80.1, even after missing five games because of a broken collarbone), but there are bad throws at times. I'd like to see more consistency overall, but he has the traits that teams love, and that's why he's my No. 1 quarterback right now. Watch the touchdown throw against Cal above -- that's a great ball.
            9. Rashan Gary, DT, Michigan*

Height: 6-6 | Weight: 283 | Previously: 5

Gary dominates when he's at his best; just manhandles offensive linemen. The problem? Consistency. A defender this big and this talented should have more than 17 tackles for loss in two seasons. The former No. 1 overall recruit disappears too often for my liking. He has 4.5 TFL this season and is dealing with a shoulder injury that kept him out in the win over Maryland.
            10. Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia

Height: 5-11 | Weight: 185 | Previously: 10

Scraped at insider2text.xyz, brought to you by

Passers who went after Baker last season didn't have much luck. He broke up nine passes and had six interceptions. Even after losing Roquan Smith, there is still a ton of talent on the Georgia defense, and it starts with Baker, who has developed into an elite corner. Baker has three more picks this season.
            11. Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson*

Height: 6-5 | Weight: 340 | Previously: 6

As I wrote in my way-too-early Big Board, big-bodied guys who move like Lawrence and can eat gaps don't last long in the draft. And Lawrence has shown that he is more than a plugger -- he had nine sacks in his first two seasons. Turn on the tape, and Lawrence takes on blockers and throws them aside. He hasn't made a huge impact this season, however, as he has only 12 total tackles and one tackle for loss in six games.
            12. Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State*

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 300 | Previously: 9

Simmons had two touchdowns last season. In one game. He blocked a punt and recovered the ball in the end zone, then took a fumble 90 yards to the house in the rout of Louisiana Tech. The big man can move. Simmons, a disruptive player on the interior, also chipped in five sacks and 12 tackles for loss in 2017. He has 8.5 tackles for loss this season. Simmons will have to answer to NFL teams about his 2016 arrest.
            13. Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama**

Height: 6-2 | Weight: 194 | Previously: 17

Nick Saban and Alabama consistently produce NFL-ready defensive backs, and Thompson could be the next in line. After playing in the rotation most of the past two seasons, Thompson stepped in to start two games at the end of 2017. He didn't look out of place. So far in 2018, he has been spectacular, racking up 35 tackles and two interceptions. Thompson has great range and is a natural playmaker. The third-year sophomore has emerged as one of college football's best all-around defensive backs.
            14. Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky

Height: 6-5 | Weight: 230 | Previously: 21

I pegged Allen before the season as a potential Day 2 pick, as he broke out in 2017 with seven sacks, 66 tackles and an interception. Allen is disruptive, and he has the length that NFL teams love as a 3-4 outside linebacker. He has six sacks this season, including a three-sack day in the win over South Carolina.
            15. Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss*

Height: 6-6 | Weight: 325 | Previously: 11

Little is a true left tackle. He won't have to move to the right side in the NFL. He's light on his feet and can get to the second level to take on linebackers, and he consistently overpowers SEC edge defenders at the point of attack.
            16. Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn*

Height: 6-5 | Weight: 325 | Previously: 12

It's tough to miss Brown on the 2017 Auburn tape. He bullied offensive linemen during a breakout season in which he had nine tackles for loss and 56 total tackles. He's still raw and still developing pass-rushing moves, but the size and athleticism are there to be a top-10 pick. He has four tackles for loss this season.
            play 0:41 Notre Dame extends lead with a scoop-and-score

The ball is poked away from Virginia Tech QB Ryan Willis and Notre Dame CB Julian Love scoops it up and returns it to the house.

17. Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame

Height: 5-11 | Weight: 193 | Previously: NR

The Fighting Irish are undefeated and playing extremely well, and Love is developing into a shutdown corner. He has broken up 11 passes this season, and he had an interception and a 42-yard fumble return for a touchdown in the win at Virginia Tech. Check it out in the clip above. Love had three picks in 2017, when he started every game as a sophomore.
            18. Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 310 | Previously: 20

Wilkins skipped the 2018 draft and decided to return for another season at Clemson. And like his linemate Ferrell, Wilkins could have gone on Day 1 last April. I compared Wilkins last year to former Alabama defensive lineman Jonathan Allen, because he's scheme-versatile and could play end or tackle in the NFL. Wilkins has 5.5 tackles for loss this season. The Clemson defensive line is loaded.
            19. Brian Burns, OLB/DE, Florida State*

Height: 6-5 | Weight: 235 | Previously: 23

Florida State almost upset Miami on Saturday, and Burns had two sacks in the loss. The twitchy pass-rusher has been a bright spot, with seven sacks in six games. He put up 13.5 tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks last season, after 9.5 sacks as a freshman in 2016. Burns has a lean frame and needs more time in the weight room, but he could grow into a 4-3 end in time. There's a chance he rises even more after the combine.
            20. Dre'Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 286 | Previously: 22

There was some draft buzz late last year about Jones, who was dominating as a third-year sophomore, though he didn't always show up on the stat sheet. The decision to return to Ohio State looks great -- he is starting to put it all together. You can see some of his athleticism in this clip in which he steps in front of a shovel pass for a pick-six against TCU. He also has 4.5 sacks this season. This is a three-technique tackle with a high ceiling, and he has top-10 pick potential.
            21. Raekwon Davis, DE, Alabama*

Height: 6-7 | Weight: 316 | Previously: 15

You might remember the massive Davis intercepting Georgia's Jake Fromm in the College Football Playoff national title game last season. He moves extremely well for his size. Davis is still developing pass-rushing moves, but he has the size and athleticism that NFL teams love. He had 8.5 sacks last season but doesn't have any in 2018.
            22. Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma*

Height: 5-9 | Weight: 168 | Previously: 19

I wrote about Brown as a riser a few weeks ago -- he's a big-play threat on every route. He has game-changing speed and is dynamic after the catch. Since the start of the 2017 season, he has 16 catches of 40-plus yards. Brown can play in the slot or outside, creating easy separation with that speed. And he's not one-dimensional; he runs every route that NFL teams want to see. The question is size -- at 5-9, he doesn't look like a No. 1 wide receiver. But the NFL is changing: Speed is everything. He can be a deep threat at the next level, in the mold of John Ross, who has started to flash his talent in Year 2. Brown should be in the discussion for Round 1, especially after he works out at the combine.
            23. Zach Allen, DE, Boston College

Height: 6-5 | Weight: 285 | Previously: NR

Yes, Allen can get after quarterbacks, but he also was credited with 100 total tackles in 2017. He's not former Boston College first-round pick Luke Kuechly, of course, but he's a complete defender. And Allen was better than 2018 second-round pick Harold Landry last season -- Allen had 15.5 tackles for loss and six sacks. He has 8.5 TFL and 3.5 sacks this season and probably will be a 4-3 end at the next level.
            24. Chase Winovich, OLB, Michigan

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 255 | Previously: NR

I highlighted Winovich recently as a potential riser, when he had three tackles for loss against Northwestern. He is great at using his hands as a pass-rusher and run defender, and he is always near the action. He has 10.5 TFL so far this season. Winovich can play on his feet or with his hand in the dirt, and that versatility makes him valuable at the next level. I also noted that with the blond hair flowing out of his helmet, he reminds me of Clay Matthews hitting quarterbacks off the edge.
            25. Drew Lock, QB, Missouri

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 225 | Previously: 16

Lock got off to a hot start, with 13 total touchdowns (11 passing) and only one pick in three games, but he has no touchdown passes and three interceptions in two games against better competition (losses to Georgia and South Carolina). And he completed only 47 percent of his passes in those games. Lock has as much arm talent as any quarterback from the past few drafts, but the question is consistency. He leaves throws on the field, even as he puts up big numbers. Of course, he also hits some big ones, as shown by his 44 touchdown passes and only 13 picks last season.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

2019 NFL draft - Todd McShay's Top 32 prospect rankings, grades

by Todd McShay on 2018-10-14 10:09:00 UTC (original: http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/in...ankings-grades)

We're through five weeks of the college football season now, and the 2019 NFL draft class is just starting to take shape. You'll start to see some players moving up and down the big board. And with seven months still between us and draft night, there will be plenty of change still to come.

Even though he is recovering from abdominal surgery, Nick Bosa jumped to the top of my draft board. The Ohio State defensive end headlines a group of elite defensive linemen at the top of the rankings. Elsewhere, five new players entered my top 32 rankings, including a trio of quarterbacks.

Here are my top 32 players for next year's draft, updated from the preseason edition.

Note: Underclassmen are marked with an asterisk.

Scraped at insider2text.xyz, brought to you by

1. Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State*

Grade: 95 | Height: 6-foot-4 | Weight: 263 | Previous: 2

An elite talent (with elite bloodlines), Bosa isn't just a gifted pass-rusher; he always knows where the ball is and is active against the run. He projects best as a 4-3 defensive end in the NFL but is scheme-versatile with his length and power. Through three games, Bosa has six tackles for loss (TFL) and four sacks, but he will miss some time recovering from an abdominal injury suffered against TCU on Sept. 15. However, this isn't the type of injury that will worry NFL scouts.

2. Ed Oliver, DT, Houston*

Grade: 95 | Height: 6-3 | Weight: 292 | Previous: 1

You don't want to have to block this dude. Oliver explodes out of his stance, has elite initial quickness and is totally disruptive and usually unblockable one-on-one. He has great range and always plays hard. He has 27 tackles, including five for a loss through four games. He is very powerful and compares to Aaron Donald. Watch out.

3. Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan*

Grade: 95 | Height: 6-5 | Weight: 283 | Previous: 3

Two years after he arrived in Ann Arbor as the most celebrated recruit in the country, Gary has somehow matched the hype. A powerful run defender and edge setter, he has an outstanding combination of size and athleticism and will fit any scheme: explosive, sudden and a nightmare to block. His closing burst has helped him to a pair of sacks and 3.5 TFL this season.

4. Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson

Grade: 94 | Height: 6-5 | Weight: 340 | Previous: 4

Lawrence has remarkable agility and athleticism for his size, giving him great range for a run defender. He needs to be better about pad level, but single blockers can't move him at all. His power is overwhelming. The numbers haven't jumped out yet this year, as he has recorded just one tackle for a loss; but there's a lot of talent here. and he is playing with one of the best lines in the country.

5. Greedy Williams, CB, LSU*

Grade: 93 | Height: 6-3 | Weight: 184 | Previous: 6

A tall corner with long arms and at his best in press-man coverage, he has great quickness and is smooth for a dude with his length. Williams can bait quarterbacks into mistakes and then has the closing speedy to take advantage; he has two interceptions this season for the Tigers. He looks like a play-right-away type when he gets to the next level. play 0:53 Dungey's first pass attempt is intercepted

CB Andraez "Greedy" Williams picks off QB Eric Dungey and returns it all the way to the 1-yard line.

6. Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson*

Grade: 93 | Height: 6-4 | Weight: 310 | Previous: 5

At his best in a 3-technique role, Wilkins is scheme versatile and has experience playing inside and outside -- and he wreaks havoc either way. He has great foot speed, and when he doesn't get home, he gets his hands in passing lanes. Well-liked and a leader in the locker room, Wilkins projects as a three-down starter. With Clemson this season, he has 5.5 TFL and two sacks as a force at the line of scrimmage.

7. Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss*

Grade: 92 | Height: 6-6 | Weight: 325 | Previous: 7

The one-time top high school offensive tackle in the nation, Little has carried it over into SEC play. A smooth mover for his size, he can be outstanding in pass protection if he gets a little better with his hands. He has good quickness as a run-blocker and takes smart angles, though he's not a mauler.

8. Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn*

Grade: 91 | Height: 6-5 | Weight: 325 | Previous: 12

Tall but still bulky, Brown is a versatile defensive lineman who likely fits best as a 3-technique (DT) in a one-gap-heavy NFL scheme. While his sack production has been just OK over his career at Auburn, he does have two this season, and the tape indicates he is a disruptive pass-rusher who can consistently stand up offensive linemen. Brown is a very easy mover for his size.

9. Devin White, ILB, LSU*

Grade: 91 | Height: 6-1 | Weight: 240 | Previous: 9

A converted running back, White is a physical specimen who moves with explosiveness and control. Always around the ball, he shows good range in coverage and won't have to come off the field much in passing situations. White has 44 tackles, including five for loss, while also forcing a fumble. You see some Eric Kendricks in him.

10. Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama*

Grade: 91 | Height: 6-5 | Weight: 301 | Previous: 10

An immediate starter in Tuscaloosa, Williams has progressed as you might expect, going from starter at right tackle, then to left, and he now is squarely onto the radar of NFL scouts. After a bad year for offensive tackles in the 2018 draft, Williams could be part of a rebound in 2019. He handles speed off the edge extremely well and is quick out of his stance, but he occasionally fails to finish.

11. Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson*

Grade: 90 | Height: 6-5 | Weight: 265 | Previous: 11

Ferrell is an ascending player with very good, if not elite, physical tools. He grades out as an every-down NFL starter, though he could be used as a 3-4 outside linebacker or a 4-3 defensive end. Through just five games, his quick first step and active hands have helped him to seven tackles for loss and five sacks (tied for 12th in the nation).

12. Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State*

Grade: 90 | Height: 6-4 | Weight: 300 | Previous: NR

Simmons plays with a natural leverage at the line. He has above-average awareness, good range and more strength than his frame would suggest, but he can certainly improve his hand usage. The junior has 7.5 tackles for loss this season. He fits best in a one-gap heavy scheme and plays a lot of snaps. There is some character history here, though, that teams will take into account.

13. Zach Allen, DE, Boston College

Grade: 90 | Height: 6-5 | Weight: 285 | Previous: 13

He is sudden with his movement, and his quick first step and lateral agility have turned into sacks. He also converts speed to power as a pass-rusher. And he is a solid run defender, one of only two linemen with 100 tackles in 2017. (He has 23 so far this season, including 7.5 for a loss and 3.5 sacks.) You see a little Cameron Jordan (Saints) in Allen. play 0:25 Hard hit on Blough leads to Purdue fumble

Boston College's hit on David Blough leads to a fumble recovery by a diving Zach Allen.

14. DeAndre Baker, CB, Georgia

Grade: 89 | Height: 5-11 | Weight: 185 | Previous: 17

An instinctive corner, Baker does a good job of reading receivers' routes in man coverage and is excellent in dealing with route combinations. While not big, he contains well and has no fear mixing it up in run support. Extremely experienced, Baker has a pair of interceptions this season with 82 return yards, and he has recorded five passes broken up.

15. Raekwon Davis, DT, Alabama*

Grade: 88 | Height: 6-7 | Weight: 316 | Previous: 8

One of the most intimidating players in college football, Davis is tall and powerful. A menace in the middle, particularly on passing downs, he has agility and quick hands and will fight his way through double-teams. He will get high with the hands at times, but he also does a good job of disengaging once he locates the ball. The stats aren't wildly impressive this season (zero sacks and just 1.5 TFL), but he has helped clog the middle of a run defense that is allowing under four yards per carry and has yielded just two rushing scores.

16. Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon*

Grade: 88 | Height: 6-6 | Weight: 233 | Previous: NR

Herbert enters my top 32 with his elite size and good arm strength. He mixes some zip with touch but tends to stare down his primary target a tad too long. He will be a running threat, and he also has some athleticism. Herbert is averaging more than 10 yards per attempt this season, and he has a 15-5 touchdown-interception ratio for the Ducks. He has a lot of room for development, including in the decision-making process, but there is talent here.

17. N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State*

Grade: 88 | Height: 6-4 | Weight: 220 | Previous: 18

A big target with good body control, Harry will go and get it for you, and he consistently rewards his quarterback for throwing him 50-50 balls. Even at 6-foot-4, he is a threat after the catch and regularly runs right through contact. Not a flyer, he is still a dangerous deep threat. Additionally, he isn't afraid to do the dirty work in the middle of the field, and he is a tough blocker. He has been held under 80 yards receiving just once this season, and he already is at 419 yards total and has collected five touchdowns (plus an additional rushing score).

18. Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State

Grade: 87 | Height: 6-6 | Weight: 241 | Previous: 22

Excellent take-off quickness and flexibility make Sweat a handful for offensive tackles, who are frequently off balance while trying to slow him down. He has good range against the run but struggles if you run right at him. That's really the issue: He needs some added bulk to his frame. However, his elite speed and strong change-of-direction skills off the edge have produced 4.5 sacks and seven TFL this season for the Bulldogs.

19. D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss*

Grade: 87 | Height: 6-4 | Weight: 230 | Previous: NR

Metcalf is a big, vertical receiver. He suffered an ankle injury against LSU and tried to battle through it, but he just wasn't the same. After a medical redshirt year in 2016, Metcalf hauled in 39 catches in 2017. He is hugely improved in 2018. He has four receiving touchdowns and 405 receiving yards while sharing attention with wide receiver A.J. Brown (No. 22 on this list). How did the Rebels only manage 16 points on LSU with two first-round talents on the outside?

20. Ryan Finley, QB, NC State

Grade: 87 | Height: 6-4 | Weight: 212 | Previous: 16

Finley shows very good touch and anticipatory accuracy, is adept at leading receivers and gets the ball out on time. He gets through progressions quickly and shows good poise and feel inside the pocket. His fast eyes going through progressions stand out. He does have to eliminate the two or three questionable decisions each game, but he's on track with just one interception this season -- and eight touchdowns. play 0:36 Finley on fire with third TD pass

Wolf Pack quarterback Ryan Finley's third touchdown pass lands perfectly in the hands of Kelvin Harmon for a 16-yard back-shoulder grab.

21. Drew Lock, QB, Missouri

Grade: 87 | Height: 6-4 | Weight: 225 | Previous: NR

A poor man's Patrick Mahomes, Lock has a big arm, but he is a bit sloppy and inconsistent with placement. He has a tendency to open his front leg and sail throws high, but he has the tools to start in the NFL. The Mizzou QB has 1,283 yards this season and a 11-2 TD-INT ratio, and he has added three rushing touchdowns to highlight his athleticism.

22. A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss*

Grade: 87 | Height: 6-1 | Weight: 230 | Previous: 19

Brown often looks longer than his 6-foot-1 frame, with a better-than-average catch radius and the ability to pluck the ball out over his head; he will also make tough catches in traffic. And he moves quicker than most players his size. He needs to improve his route-running and clean up the occasional focus drop. Brown already has 35 catches for 453 yards this season.

23. Bryce Love, RB, Stanford

Grade: 86 | Height: 5-10 | Weight: 202 | Previous: 14

Incredibly productive, Love is an explosive runner with the burst to turn the corner and the speed to pull away when he gets a seam. He has the foot speed to bounce between gaps and make defenders miss. He also shows a willingness to wait on blocks. He needs to get more involved as a pass-catcher (just six receptions this year). Injuries will also be a concern. He missed time earlier this season and left the Notre Dame game with an ankle injury. The numbers are down a little, as his yards per carry have dropped from 8.1 last year to just 4.3, but he seems to be turning the corner after a tough season debut against San Diego State.

24. David Edwards, OT, Wisconsin*

Grade: 86 | Height: 6-7 | Weight: 315 | Previous: 20

The latest offering from the Wisconsin O-line Factory, Edwards is a big and powerful run-blocker who has enough length to stay at tackle, but he can occasionally struggle when rushers are coming from a wide alignment. Edwards has the lateral mobility to zone block and has heavy hands to knock away speed rushers. He looks like a future NFL right tackle.

25. Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma*

Grade: 86 | Height: 5-9 | Weight: 168 | Previous: 30

Brown is a burner, and though he lacks ideal size, he has the ability to win vertically and create chunk yardage after the catch. Brown also has soft hands and can pluck the ball away from his body even while he's in fifth gear. He will get pushed around a bit at times by bigger press-man corners, but he is a savvy route runner and explodes from the line of scrimmage. Averaging 22.7 yards per catch, Brown has five touchdowns and more than 500 yards this season for the Sooners. play 0:43 Murray finds receiver for 6th TD pass

Kyler Murray's superb outing continues as he throws to Marquise Brown for his sixth touchdown pass of the day.

26. Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State

Grade: 86 | Height: 6-0 | Weight: 215 | Previous: 21

A hard-hitting strong safety with a very good size-speed combination, Abram can intimidate the opposition. He is a powerful finisher with explosive closing burst, and he flies to the line of scrimmage in run support. Abram holds up well in the deep-half zone and is very quick. He has 34 tackles this season and an interception.

27. Jarrett Stidham, QB, Auburn*

Grade: 86 | Height: 6-3 | Weight: 215 | Previous: NR

Stidham lacks the ideal size, but he has a good arm. He is accurate throwing into windows and can go vertical. The Auburn QB tends to hold the ball a little too long at times and occasionally takes off a little early with his feet. He has just five passing touchdowns through five games, but the Tigers have played some tougher teams. He has added two rushing scores.

28. Trey Adams, OT, Washington

Grade: 86 | Height: 6-8 | Weight: 327 | Previous: 15

Adams is out for the season with a back injury, dropping him from No. 15. A powerful blocker who can move defenders in the run game, Adams also has a wide frame and long arms, so even speed rushers have a tough time getting around him. He could redshirt and return to Washington next season.

29. Elgton Jenkins, C, Mississippi State

Grade: 85 | Height: 6-4 | Weight: 310 | Previous: 25

With a ton of experience as a three-year starter, Jenkins is very good in pass protection and light on his feet. He is strong in the run game and always seems to get to where he needs to on the second level. He rarely shows issues when facing speed.

30. Damien Harris, RB, Alabama*

Grade: 85 | Height: 5-11 | Weight: 215 | Previous: 24

Harris is strong, patient and decisive, and he checks two big NFL boxes with excellent pass protection and ball security. The downside is that Harris isn't a burner, and you don't see a major weapon in the passing game. But the hands are reliable. He has shed some touches to Najee Harris, as Damien has just 36 rushes and a single touchdown. However, he does have nine catches.

31. Marvell Tell III, S, USC

Grade: 85 | Height: 6-2 | Weight: 195 | Previous: 27

An instinctive defender with good speed and athleticism, Tell closes quickly on the ball and can make up ground when the ball is in the air. He shows particularly good range in zone coverage and changes directions quickly. He's not yet an elite playmaker; he has one interception and 21 total tackles this year.

32. Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina

Grade: 85 | Height: 6-0 | Weight: 210 | Previous: 28

Samuel is electric with the ball in his hands, whether after the catch, on a carry or returning kickoffs. There's a noticeable second gear, and he flashes the ability to run away from pursuit when he gets a crease. As a pass-catcher, he needs to limit trapping the ball, but he can make tough catches. Additionally, there is room to grow as a route runner. He has 22 catches for 206 yards and a pair of touchdowns.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Fat chance of us getting Greg Little out of this draft.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Big players and key games, including Georgia-LSU Georgia (6-0) at LSU (5-1)

Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET (CBS), Tiger Stadium (Baton Rouge, La.)

This week features yet another great SEC showdown between No. 2 Georgia at No. 13 LSU. The Tigers, who had climbed into the top five and had playoff aspirations, are looking to bounce back after a loss to Florida last week. They'll look to play spoiler versus the Bulldogs in what will prove to be their biggest test of the regular season. A Georgia loss would shake up the top of the polls. These teams combined for 18 selections in the 2018 NFL Draft, including nine players chosen in the top 100. There'll be prospects aplenty for NFL talent evaluators in this one.

Five draft-eligible prospects to focus on:

OLB D'Andre Walker, Georgia, rJR (6-2, 240, 4.70, #15): The senior leader sets the edge for the Bulldogs' defense, one of the top units in the country. Through five games, the high motor, big-energy backer has collected four sacks and has three forced fumbles. Walker possesses burst, bend and length, while showing the ability to defend against the run, drop back in coverage or get after the quarterback. Despite this being his first season as a starter (41 games without a start entering the year), Walker has made plenty of big plays during his career. He lacked discipline early on in his career and was flagged for a lot of penalties, but he has corralled that issue over the past year and a half. He has been used as a hand-in-the-dirt rusher but primarily lines up at outside linebacker in the Dawgs' 3-4 scheme and could also play inside linebacker.

DE Jonathan Ledbetter, Georgia, SR, (6-3, 277, 4.86, #13): Blessed with a big, lean frame, Ledbetter certainly passes the initial eye test with his size; he carries his weight well and could bulk up if needed. He's an athletic big man with the strength to hold his ground at the point of attack with most anyone. However, he does need to do a better job of controlling his frustrations, so that he doesn't commit dumb fouls. He has been suspended in the past due to an offseason incident in which he was charged for using a fake ID to enter a bar, while appearing to be "very inebriated" (the case was later thrown out) and another incident in which he was found asleep in his car and charged with a DUI. As a result, Ledbetter was suspended for the first six games of his 2016 campaign; he received counseling, according to the school. In 28 games played, Ledbetter has 77 tackles, including nine for loss and 3.5 sacks.

QB Joe Burrow, LSU, rJR (6-2, 215, 4.75, #10): Entering the year, Burrow had limited experience as a transfer from Ohio State, previously stuck behind some very talented quarterbacks. He is making a name for himself in Baton Rouge. Hailing from a football family, Burrow is the son of a coach and a true leader in the huddle. He has endured a handful of drops by his receivers, so his low completion percentage is a bit deceiving. He rarely commits a turnover (just two interceptions on the season) and knows where to go with the football, causing many scouts to label Burrow as a "game manager." With another season of eligibility remaining, his draft ceiling is higher than his predecessor Danny Etling (Patriots, seventh round).

WR Riley Ridley, Georgia JR (6-2, 200, 4.48, #8): A reliable wideout with dependable hands, Ridley shows the ability to create separation, along with great body control and concentration. The Bulldogs have a deep and talented wide receiver corps, so his numbers are not going to jump off the stat sheet (718 receiving yards and eight touchdowns in 20 career games), but when the offense needs a big play, it turns to Ridley. He looks to join his brother, Calvin (Falcons) in the NFL, but teams will have to do their homework, as Ridley underwent ankle surgery in 2017. He also has a marijuana arrest on his resume, so medical and character will have an impact on how teams view his draft value. This matchup is an opportunity for him to showcase his skill-set in front of a full press box and win over some scouts to help solidify his stock.

TE Foster Moreau, SR (6-5, 255, 4.78, #84): The Tigers ask a lot of their tight ends, and Moreau has been recognized for doing his job. He has lined up in two tight end sets, out wide as a receiver, is an exceptional blocker but can also make the occasional catch and has served as a security blanket underneath for quarterbacks in the LSU offense. Moreau was awarded the prestigious No. 18, an honor that goes to the player on the team who epitomizes being a Tiger -- a tradition that began in 2003 (Matt Mauk). The New Orleans native is very well respected by his teammates for his character and toughness, as he has battled through a knee injury this season. His size, leadership, experience and value as an in-line blocker makes him a strong candidate to hear his name called during the draft, most likely as a Day 3 selection.

Other Georgia prospects to watch:

CB Deandre Baker, rJR (5-11, 180, 4.49, #18)

WR Mecole Hardman, JR (5-10 183 4.38, #4)

WR Terry Godwin, SR (5-11, 185, 4.42, #5)

SS J.R. Reed, SR (6-0, 195, 4.60, #20)

OT Kendall Baker, rSR 6-5, 290, #65)

RB Elijah Holyfield, JR (5-10, 215, 4.58, #13)

TE Isaac Nauta, JR (6-4, 246, 4.74, #18)

Other LSU prospects to watch:

CB Andraez Williams, SO (6-1, 182, 4.50, #29)

ILB Devin White, JR (6-0, 240, 4.64, #40)

OG Garrett Brumfield, SR (6-2, 299, 5.14, #78)

RB Nick Brossette, SR (6-0, 218, 4.64, #4)

FS Ed Paris, SR (6-0, 210, 4.52, #21)

FB David Ducre SR (5-11, 236, 4.77, #41)

LS Blake Ferguson, rJR (6-3, 235, 4.70, #50)

Washington (5-1) at Oregon (4-1)

Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET (ABC), Autzen Stadium (Eugene, Ore.)

Three draft-eligible prospects to focus on:

OLB Justin Hollins, Oregon, rSR (6-4, 238, 4.80, #11): A defensive playmaker, Hollins has been making big plays all year long, leading the Ducks with four sacks and creating three forced fumbles. He was out of position in the Ducks' 4-3 scheme and looks much more comfortable playing outside linebacker in their 3-4 system.

DE Jalen Jelks, Oregon, rSR (6-5, 245, 4.81, #97): The versatile edge rusher has been a hybrid player for the Ducks, who have mixed their defensive fronts. Jelks plays 3-4 outside linebacker and 4-3 defensive end ... and he also has played on the interior of the defensive line. He has been a factor in helping stuff the run and is averaging five tackles per game in 2018. Jelks has been very productive, racking up 19.5 tackles for a loss and 9.5 over his past 18 games and could be in first-round consideration if he tests well.

TE Drew Sample, Washington, rSR (6-4, 259, 4.86, #88): An exceptional blocker and above-average pass catcher, Sample is a noted hard worker and mature player (he was married during this past summer). He has amassed 30 career starts, despite sharing duties with Will Dissly (Seahawks) for most of his career, as the Huskies have implemented various tight end formations on offense. Actually, Sample possesses a catch/block skill-set that compares very favorably to Dissly, who was a fourth round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.

Other Washington prospects to watch:

SS Taylor Rapp, JR (6-0, 204, 4.59, #7)

RB Myles Gaskin, SR (5-9, 191, 4.50, #9)

DT Greg Gaines, SR (6-1, 322, 5.34, #99)

OT Kaleb McGary, SR (6-6, 318, 5.27, #58)

SS JoJo McIntosh, SR (6-0, 219, 4.59, #14)

QB Jake Browning, SR (6-1, 210, 4.78, #3)

OT Trey Adams, SR (6-7, 327, 5.30, #72) (out for year)

Other Oregon prospects to watch:

QB Justin Herbert, JR (6-5, 225, 4.81, #10)

TE Jake Breeland, JR (6-5, 241, 4.84, #27)

ILB Troy Dye, JR (6-3, 224, 4.79, #35)

OT Calvin Throckmorton, rJR (6-5, 307, 5.08, #54)

WR Dillon Mitchell, JR (6-1, 195, 4.50, #89)

RB Tony Brooks-James, rSR (5-9, 175, 4.43, #20)

Wisconsin (4-1) at Michigan (5-1)

Saturday, 7:30 p.m. ET (ABC), Michigan Stadium (Ann Arbor, Mich.)

OT David Edwards, Wisconsin, rJR, (6-6, 315, 5.17, #79): The athletic blind-side protector would have been a high selection had he declared last season, as he received a very favorable grade from the NFL Draft Advisory Board. Edwards went to Madison as a tight end before making the switch to right tackle, where he has started for the past three seasons. He has since bulked up 75 pounds, while demonstrating sound technique and a physical style of play. He remains on the right side due to Badgers quarterback Alex Hornibrook being a left-handed thrower.

CB Lavert Hill, Michigan, JR (5-11, 177, 4.47, #24): Strong, physical and smart, Hill has been a standout player since the first day he set foot in Ann Arbor. The Detroit native possesses proven experience playing in a man scheme and has also been able to contribute against the run.

SS D'Cota Dixon, Wisconsin, rSR (5-10, 204, 4.56, #14): The Badgers' true vocal leader and team captain, Dixon is the definition of perseverance. He grew up with ill/addicted parents, was living in a homeless shelter at one point growing up and has endured three surgeries to combat a bloodstream infection. The Miami native had offseason shoulder surgery, missed action in 2017 due to a hamstring injury and received a medical redshirt, as injuries limited him to just three games as a freshman. On the field, Dixon has been a staple of consistency, flying around the field, swarming to the football with his hawk-like instincts and making big plays in big moments. He can power clean 335 pounds.

Other Wisconsin prospects to watch:

LB TJ Edwards, rSR (6-1, 244,4.79, #53)

OG Beau Benzschawel, rSR (6-5, 317, 5.28, #66)

OT Mike Deiter, rSR (6-5, 328, 5.36, #63)

DT Olive Sagapolu, SR (6-2, 346, 5.47, #99)

OLB Andrew Van Ginkel, SR, (6-3, 236, 4.79, #17)

ILB Ryan Connelly, SR (6-2, 228, 4.72, #43)

RB Taiwan Deal, rSR (6-0, 219, 4.59, #85)

Other Michigan prospects to watch:

DT Rashan Gary, JR (6-4, 281, 4.67, #3)

OLB Devin Bush, JR (5-11, 240, 4.78, #10)

DE Chase Winovich, JR (6-3, 253, 4.82, #15)

RB Karan Higdon, SR (5-9, 190, 4.50, #22)

FS Tyree Kinnel, SR (5-11, 201, 4.56, #23)

DT Bryan Moore, rSR (6-3, 325, 5.27, #90)

OT Grant Newsome, SR (6-6, 314, 5.07, #77)

QB Shea Patterson, JR (6-1, 193, 4.67, #20)

Michigan State (3-2) at Penn State (4-1)

Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET (BTN), Beaver Stadium (University Park, Pa.)

QB Brian Lewerke, Michigan State, rJR (6-2, 212, 4.78, #14): The Spartans currently have three former quarterbacks in the NFL (it was four until Connor Cook was cut this week), and Lewerke possesses the tools to be the next in line. A natural thrower who can bide time in the pocket, extend plays and pick up a first down with his feet when needed, Lewerke is also highly accurate. He brings a tough-minded leadership mentality and operates a pro-style offense, which bodes well for his draft stock. He looks to rebound coming off a poor performance.

RB LJ Scott, Michigan State, Michigan State, SR (6-0, 229, 4.62, #3):A leg injury (hamstring) suffered a month ago has hampered Scott throughout much of the year, as he has been a game-time decision in each of the past three games. The Spartans have sorely missed his hard-nosed, between the tackles, ground and pound mentality during his absence, as Scott can wear down a defense over the course of a game.

DE Shareef Miller, Penn State, rJR (6-5, 257, 4.86, #48): The flamboyant Miller is one of the Nittany Lions team leaders, he surely doesn't lack confidence and is never shy about giving reporters a quote. On the field, he shows a quick first step off the snap of the ball and the ability to disengage blocks and make plays against the run. He has specifically focused on improving his hand-eye coordination and using his hands more effectively top help improve his overall game. The Philadelphia native had a rough upbringing, suffers from a learning disability and has ADHD.

Other Michigan State prospects to watch:

DT Raequan Williams, rJR (6-3, 300, 5.00, # 99)

FS David Dowell, rJR (6-0, 191, 4.56, #6)

Other Penn State prospects to watch:

CB Amani Oruwariye, SR (6-0, 209, 4.57, #21)

OG Connor McGovern, SR (6-4, 312, 5.19, #66)

QB Trace McSorley, SR (6-0, 195, 4.64, #9)

CB John Reid, SR (5-10, 187, 4.53, #29)

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Fleet, one of those OTs looks tempting.

We can really change our cap profile overnight, as one option.

There will also be a great chance to beef up our front seven by the end of round three.

It's early...I get serious Senior Bowl Week.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      Fleet, one of those OTs looks tempting.

We can really change our cap profile overnight, as one option.

There will also be a great chance to beef up our front seven by the end of round three.

It's early...I get serious Senior Bowl Week.
                      Yeah its early for sure. And i agree the OT class is pretty solid this year. Should be a good trenches draft. I just like the idea of protecting Rivers and maximizing his talent. You see Eli harassed on every play. I dont Rivers to have to deal with that. Lamp should also help in pass protection. Id draft a LT and put him at RT to start. Shift him over when Okung is done.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

A starting caliber OT with good feet and a nasty streak are a need to be sure. There looks to be some quality that match that early assessment 10-14 deep depending on early entries.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

Georgia made White a non factor most of the game yesterday. LSU blitzed him a bunch and he was picked up and washed out often.

Comment

Working...
                          X