Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Bradbury is IOL stuff. Don't need it.
    Simmons had ACL tear and 2016 arrest.
    If the Chargers want to go with linemen in this draft, I see 3 options...

1. If DT C. Wilkins is there, you got to pick him
    2. At DT, D. Lawrence can be an option
    3. If is no DT available and a good RT is there, go for it. I hope it will be K. McGary.

Comment

• Xenos
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
      Bradbury is IOL stuff. Don't need it.
      Simmons had ACL tear and 2016 arrest.
      If the Chargers want to go with linemen in this draft, I see 3 options...

1. If DT C. Wilkins is there, you got to pick him
      2. At DT, D. Lawrence can be an option
      3. If is no DT available and a good RT is there, go for it. I hope it will be K. McGary.
      Reading McGary's profile, he sounds eeriely similar to DJ Fluker. Not sure that's what I want.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Agree! Lawrence reminds me of that guy last year who was big, moved well, & fell to the 5th round. What's his name?

Simmons really uses his hands well & seems to have a lot of natural football strength.
        Tim Settle was the Virginia Tech DT, who was drafted by the Redskins in the 5th. Inactive for the 1st 2/3 of the season, then active for and split time with the Alabama Mafia.

McGary is a good prospect but is very, very raw and has to learn to finish. Good to very good contact on his inital hit, but he lets his guy get off the block pretty fast, and they often make the tackle, or finish up as part of a mob. Has the tools, but needs to put more together.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

from my vantage point, McGary fits better what Lynn wants to do, in that he's already an accomplished run blocker, and....

think he gets the job done pass blocking if he slides inside to guard ??

Bradbury will get walked back into the QB, despite whatever elite lateral agility he might possess.

and don't think Dex is gonna bust....
          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
            from my vantage point, McGary fits better what Lynn wants to do, in that he's already an accomplished run blocker, and....

think he gets the job done pass blocking if he slides inside to guard ??

Bradbury will get walked back into the QB, despite whatever elite lateral agility he might possess.

and don't think Dex is gonna bust....
            Watching McGary, he looked like a guard to me too.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Watching McGary, he looked like a guard to me too.
              So let's see, Lamp, if he pans out, is a RG...Schofield is also RG...if we draft McGary, another guard...looks like a glut at guards...how about we draft a REAL O-TACKLE? Cajuste in round 2 please...

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

As bad as Tevi has played at OT, we really need help inside. The more immediate need is inside.

As I said before, there is nothing wrong with McGary that learning to kick step wouldn't fix. Watching Washington the last couple of years, they just don't even bother.

It is tough to teach that footwork, and college teams play spread to minimize the amount of teaching they have to do. Fewer skills, more reps the few skills they do teach. They don't care about being football factories for the NFL.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Reading McGary's profile, he sounds eeriely similar to DJ Fluker. Not sure that's what I want.
                  Nah...Fluker had cement blocks for feet...McGary is way more athletic...but clumsy and unrefined....again, he needs coaching and technique. Steve said it best with regards to how he was coached in college. The fact that McGary isn't a polished product has nothing to do with his natural physical tools and talent and drive...all the things I like about him...it's because he was good enough for Washington, so why would they coach him up? It's not like they are an NFL Olinemen factory.
                  The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Nah...Fluker had cement blocks for feet...McGary is way more athletic...but clumsy and unrefined....again, he needs coaching and technique. Steve said it best with regards to how he was coached in college. The fact that McGary isn't a polished product has nothing to do with his natural physical tools and talent and drive...all the things I like about him...it's because he was good enough for Washington, so why would they coach him up? It's not like they are an NFL Olinemen factory.

Imagine if McGary would have attended Wisconsin...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      As bad as Tevi has played at OT, we really need help inside. The more immediate need is inside.

As I said before, there is nothing wrong with McGary that learning to kick step wouldn't fix. Watching Washington the last couple of years, they just don't even bother.

It is tough to teach that footwork, and college teams play spread to minimize the amount of teaching they have to do. Fewer skills, more reps the few skills they do teach. They don't care about being football factories for the NFL.

Agree! the more immediate need is inside. Chargers need to control Chris Jones better. Houston/ Ford/ Mack are gone & Denver stinks. New England has no edge rushers (& they still win WTF?)

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Watching McGary is not exactly like watching a dancing bear: amidst the Buckeye defenders it was like watching a musk ox maneuver among wolves.

Too many question marks about the guy; strong guy, but i think his small arms & labored footwork spells doom at RT in the NFL. Washington didn't seem to ask him to do to much in pass protection - very protected.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

So let's see, Lamp, if he pans out, is a RG...Schofield is also RG...if we draft McGary, another guard...looks like a glut at guards...how about we draft a REAL O-TACKLE? Cajuste in round 2 please...
                          Chargers need a glut of good guards and a reliable back up center to relieve Pouncey. I would like to have Pouncey take a lot of weeks off.

Now i have to watch Cajuste. Damn you Topcat!

Comment

Working...
                          X